#452714 Mar 14, 2013
oops, I skipped #31... Someone was talking to me... Lol

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#452715 Mar 14, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So there's a 2,000+ year old person walking the planet right now?
Good Question Kitten, I will answer your question, bus as I told G, I gotta run to a Tennis match...
* I do like your new avatar. I think it was rude and classless for other's to condemn your other one...

ps. I don't think I could ever argue with those big eye's... I am a cat lover...:) Have a great day!

Be back tonight...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#452716 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
...stop that. Lol :)
Sorry, but you're not addressing the topic, you're dancing around the subject.

Remember the topic is verses removed from the Bible. You were going to share what you learned, but you never actually shared anything.

Perhaps it might help to actually look at one of those passages, since that IS the topic.

A great introduction, IMO, is always 1 John 5:7-8, also known as the Johannine Comma. This is the >only< verse in the whole Bible that describes the Trinity.

In the KJV it reads like this:
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

See the Trinity? Father, Word and Holy Ghost, these three are one. That is the only place where you will find that in the entire Christian Bible.

Now modern editions will typically read similar to the English Standard Version:

"For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree."

Holy Cows, Batman! No Trinity!

So here is THE important question. In what early Greek manuscripts can this sole reference to the Trinity be found?

Answer: None. It is only found in later Latin manuscripts and later Greek manuscripts.

Now check this out from http://www.bible-researcher.com/comma.html
"The earliest instance of the passage being quoted as a part of the actual text of the Epistle is in a fourth century Latin treatise entitled Liber Apologeticus (chap. 4), attributed either to the Spanish heretic Priscillian (died about 385) or to his follower Bishop Instantius.... In the fifth century the gloss was quoted by Latin Fathers in North Africa and Italy as part of the text of the Epistle, and from the sixth century onwards it is found more and more frequently in manuscripts of the Old Latin and of the Vulgate."

Voila!

The reason that it is not in modern translations is because it's not in the early manuscripts. It was a later addition to the texts. The translators are trying to be faithful to the original authors' intent, to the best of their abiility.

The reality is this:

The corrupt translation is the KJV, one of the worst mainstream versions on the market today, which got this corrupted information from .... the Catholic Church.

Now ain't that a hoot?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#452717 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Cont...Satan is called a serpent, not once but three times in the book of Revelation (Revelation 12:9, 12:15, 20:2)
LOL *snort*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#452718 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
cont...
7)Antichrist
And every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. 1 John 4:3
LOL @ Christians writing their own Bible.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#452719 Mar 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i doubt we would have gotten along even in my BC days. if we would have bumped into each other, i probably would have kicked your ass for being a self-righteous snob even then!:)
Tough talk from a coward.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#452720 Mar 14, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I could give a flying fig what it is in Catholicism, which has nothing to to do with my Bible or my Lord.
That is strictly your indoctrination and opinion, and there are more that disagree with you than agree. You probably believe in handling snakes and drinking poison too. That is why there are thousands of denominations. Because they all believe their opinion and interpretations are exactly right. I don't state my beliefs that way. It is so arrogant, and not of Christ.
I was only stating facts. Whether or not you accept these facts, it still does confirm, that when the fundamentalist "gets saved", it is of the same substance as in the process in Catholicism.

That's all my point was.

It seems you still reject it. Maybe because you think you are someone more special?

I wouldn't doubt it, because of your tone in this forum clearly shows you think you are.

If you would place honesty in the same standard you do with arrogance, you may actually learn something worthwhile in your life.

So why are you no longer a "Christian"? That is why you are here, right? Or are you here to receive some persecution? I know you so-called "Christians" always whine and cry about how much of this persecution you are rcvg every day.

I wonder if you realize that you could actually stop all of that persecution, by just not being here. You do realize this, right?

You are clueless.

Albuquerque, NM

#452721 Mar 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you're not addressing the topic, you're dancing around the subject.
Remember the topic is verses removed from the Bible. You were going to share what you learned, but you never actually shared anything.
Perhaps it might help to actually look at one of those passages, since that IS the topic.
A great introduction, IMO, is always 1 John 5:7-8, also known as the Johannine Comma. This is the >only< verse in the whole Bible that describes the Trinity.
In the KJV it reads like this:
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
See the Trinity? Father, Word and Holy Ghost, these three are one. That is the only place where you will find that in the entire Christian Bible.
Now modern editions will typically read similar to the English Standard Version:
"For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree."
Holy Cows, Batman! No Trinity!
So here is THE important question. In what early Greek manuscripts can this sole reference to the Trinity be found?
Answer: None. It is only found in later Latin manuscripts and later Greek manuscripts.
Now check this out from http://www.bible-researcher.com/comma.html
"The earliest instance of the passage being quoted as a part of the actual text of the Epistle is in a fourth century Latin treatise entitled Liber Apologeticus (chap. 4), attributed either to the Spanish heretic Priscillian (died about 385) or to his follower Bishop Instantius.... In the fifth century the gloss was quoted by Latin Fathers in North Africa and Italy as part of the text of the Epistle, and from the sixth century onwards it is found more and more frequently in manuscripts of the Old Latin and of the Vulgate."
Voila!
The reason that it is not in modern translations is because it's not in the early manuscripts. It was a later addition to the texts. The translators are trying to be faithful to the original authors' intent, to the best of their abiility.
The reality is this:
The corrupt translation is the KJV, one of the worst mainstream versions on the market today, which got this corrupted information from .... the Catholic Church.
Now ain't that a hoot?
Very good. Thanks X!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#452722 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
cont...
18)King of Babylon
That you will take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say:How the oppressor has ceased, The golden city ceased! Isaiah 14:4
LOL @ Christians writing their own Bible

That wasn't a reference to Satan. The Satan you keep describing is a Christian deity. It was a reference to ... wait for it ... the king of Babylon.

*doink*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#452723 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
cont...
20)King of Tyre
"Son of man, take up a lamentation for the king of Tyre, and say to him,'Thus says the Lord GOD: "You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. Ezekiel 28:12
Once again, not a reference to the Christian deity Satan. It was a referemce to...the King of Tyre.

See why I said that you're not actually familiar with the Bible?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#452724 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Question Kitten, I will answer your question, bus as I told G, I gotta run to a Tennis match...
* I do like your new avatar. I think it was rude and classless for other's to condemn your other one...
ps. I don't think I could ever argue with those big eye's... I am a cat lover...:) Have a great day!
Be back tonight...
Thank you for your kind words. Even if we disagree at any point, I will still think of you as a decent human being.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#452725 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
cont...
22)Leviathan
In that day the LORD with His severe sword, great and strong,
Will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent,
Leviathan that twisted serpent;
And He will slay the reptile that is in the sea. Isaiah 27:1

23)Little horn
9 And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land. 10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. Daniel 8:9-11
Leviathan was Tiamat.

The Little Horn was Antiochus IV.

No references to Satan found in either.

You're striking out, Christian. You're writing your own Bible.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#452726 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
cont...
24(Lucifer
"12 How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
'I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.' Isaiah 14:12-14
Lucifer was added into the Latin Vulgate by Jerome.

It's a reference to a king of Babylon, just like it says.

*DOH*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#452727 Mar 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Last, whew!
This list of names for Satan has been taken from the New King James Version of the Bible
You sure botched that up, didn'tcha?

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Since: Dec 08

Reno

#452728 Mar 14, 2013
What's up everybody? How the hell have all been the last year?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#452729 Mar 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough talk from a coward.
meet me outside after 5:00.....;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#452730 Mar 14, 2013
Hagen wrote:
hi! i can't remember; are you friend, foe or luver?;)

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Reno

#452731 Mar 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hi! i can't remember; are you friend, foe or luver?;)
I was the one that constantly brushed off your sexual advances. Why would you remember me.:P

Albuquerque, NM

#452732 Mar 14, 2013
Hagen wrote:
WB Hagen!

“Talk Nerdy 2 me (>-<)”

Reno

#452733 Mar 14, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
WB Hagen!
Bonsoir Mishka :D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min WildWeirdWillie 175,656
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Ugly Truth from d... 605,029
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Dave Nelson 775,399
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 559,522
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 9 min Sacchar 37,818
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min cheer the f up 265,156
gay whatsapp agroup (Nov '13) 22 min jodi 39
More from around the web