Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#452365 Mar 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Most importantly, IMO, is that these empty threats reveal the depth of the fear of the indoctrinated Christian, the fear of being found wanting by a judgmental deity.
It's impossible to have a deity that is both merciful and just. So believers often cling to mercy for themselves and judgment for everyone else.
They seem to forget that they get measured by the same scoop that they use to measure others, at least according to their own book.
So much truth in so few words.

Howyadoin?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#452366 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>The questions many of the 19th Cent. Russian authors raise are deeper than most care to think. Then again, so do the Scriptures.
I thought Crime and Punishment was better. I could add more words but that pretty much covers it.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#452367 Mar 13, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Wasssie, Paul was the godfather of the gentile church.
amen to that!:)

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#452368 Mar 13, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope that the RCC just keeps on blowing smoke, black smoke that is...lol
I think it's ironic that they use smoke. They have been blowing smoke up mankind's ass for two centuries. I watched a documentary on the History Channel called "The Odessa File". I eventually added it to my collection. It goes into detail about the Catholic church's involvement in smuggling ex-Nazis out of Europe and into South America after the WWII. Of course the church has since apologized for that mistake (one of many throughout history), but one has to ask the question; if they are guided by the "holy spirit" of their god, how could they make so many mistakes? Their god can't seem to do anything right.

The Catholic church is the most pathetic, ruthless, and evil of all the churches, and that's really saying something.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#452369 Mar 13, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's hope that the RCC just keeps on blowing smoke, black smoke that is...lol
Blowing smoke and burning money, and futures.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452370 Mar 13, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text> you decide, it is another opportunity for you. to show the great set of morals the bible teaches you.
<quoted text>
Translation: "I don't *want* to live by the bible and I don't have to, because I'm saved; *you* have to because you're *not* saved."
one more time: living by the Bible, New Covenant cuz that's what the world's been under now for over 2,000 years, is summed up in jn 3:16.

I BELIEVE IN THE SON OF GOD and therefore i live by the Bible! see how simple that is?:)

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#452371 Mar 13, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> So much truth in so few words.
Howyadoin?
Good morning dear. How are ya'?
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#452372 Mar 13, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
ooouuuch! what do you think about the Jews, should they be abolished as well since they're a living testimony to the Bible? you wouldn't be the only one in history very adament to see their demise;)
No, I love the Jews.
I also love christians.
I'm a people type of person.

However, I do wish for demise on certain people who perform unforgivable acts.
On top of the list are those who commit horrific crimes to animals.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452373 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
I know it's not me, dummy; it's a painting. A drawing.
I've been feeling in a bit of a Goth mood lately.
do your thang, girlfriend!:)
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#452374 Mar 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you never actually read the whole story.
Hezekiah paid the required tribute to the Assyrians and became a vassal king of the Assyrian Empire. A defeat, not a victory.
Why don't you compare the biblical account against the Assyrian account some time and you will find the points of agreement. You will also notice the propaganda from both sides.
Go to passage 18 to see the Hezekiah portion from Sennacherib's Stele:
http://www.utexas.edu/courses/classicalarch/r...
Thank You.
What a great way to depart.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#452375 Mar 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I said you was a real fairy..
No such thing as fairies, fake Christian.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#452376 Mar 13, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Blowing smoke and burning money, and futures.
Burning futures (if you mean the futures of cultures around the world and not investments), yes. Money, not a chance. They live for money. The Vatican Bank is one of the richest in the world. They got that way by plunder and slavery.

Not a chance they would burn a dollar.

San Francisco

#452377 Mar 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>no Im sayin you are
Would Jesus approve of that?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452378 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
What do you care? Either way, you shot your load under your desk. I wonder if your boss was watching?
i like your pic better;)

Topix Badlands

#452379 Mar 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Janitor! I love it & needed it! good preaching... The word of God conquers all... PRAISE BE TO GOD
Happily.

1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#452380 Mar 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Come on Janitor! I love it & needed it!....
Your gay.

LOL

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452381 Mar 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayup. The wrath of God has always been whipped up by priests and preachers and delivered by deluded followers, just like you.
Bring that sh*t on.
<quoted text>
But since it isn't true, we couldn't care less.
c'mon hon, if it weren't true you wouldn't be here trying to rid your conscience of it. here's the kicker tho; GOD IS GOOD AND HE PROVED IT THRU HIS SON!!!:)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#452382 Mar 13, 2013
And now for something completely different; two naked chicks riding camels out in the middle of a desert.
http://hosted.met-art.com/Full_met-art_vel_24 ...
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't notice any camels.
you saw the dessert ---- right?

San Francisco

#452383 Mar 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I hate to bust your delusional bubble, wilderides men ... but, you have absolutely no intelligent data to back up your out and out (snicker) knowledge of anything that is pertinent to the holy bible, either physically, or spiritually. I don't know who is more ridiculous, you, or your "lost in space" atheists who continually lead you down The Yellow Brick Road. Not to fear, The Wonderful Bro. Clownie of Oz, with his vast God given knowledge of the secrets of the universe will keep you from wandering in circles in the wilderness of your life, and eventually dying of vertigo. Now that you have been gifted some reason and sanity by yours truly, keep walking in a straight line ... ya hear!?
As usual, your post is full of flatulence and bile, but no substance. You claim I have no knowledge of the Bible, or Judeo-Christian ideology, even when I have demonstrated to you otherwise. So either you have severe reading and comprehension issues, or you are being dishonest.

In any case, you still claim to be a Christian, yet you behave like a demonic weasel on a Ritalin bender. You drive people away from the very religion you claim to venerate. That's fine with me, because you are the best advertisement as to the emptiness of Christianity, IMHO. Why hasn't Jesus healed you, if Jesus has any power at all?

Topix Badlands

#452384 Mar 13, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really understand what he was trying to say here? I'd like to hear your take.
That is quite controversial and I don't believe anyone can lay claim to the perfect interpretation or there wouldn't be so many denominations and beliefs in baptism. It is being "born again" a spiritual change from within that we are incapable of doing on our own. Spiritual baptism and being filled with the Spirit. Water does not change us, the Spirit does.

The water aspect now is simply a ritual acceptance, and really not that if we are baptized as an infant, in which case our parents choose for us. For the Jews and the beginning of Christianity, the water was even stronger symbolically as John the Baptist encouraged. It is simply through the act of the Holy Spirit. We must be born again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min KellyP_Onuandher 2,063
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min Aura Mytha 971,689
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr karl44 105,620
Antwan Carter 1 hr SnowBunny1 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr VIKING 48,735
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,755
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 44,687
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr guest 646,605
More from around the web