Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#452620 Mar 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i would NEVER accuse you of representing Jesus, but you may very well be the best example i've ever encountered of you know who.....;)
Jesus.
Gut Stomper

Greer, SC

#452621 Mar 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @ the ignorance of Christianity
LOL @ X's new meme

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#452622 Mar 14, 2013
Okay... Hi AC, G, X,(alphabetical order, so no hurt feelings, Lol) and whomever would like to join in to...'Missing Bible Verses 101'...
Note, this should be a fun discussion. Whether we agree on anything, or not. If we come to an impasse. Just mark it down for future study...

Last, If anyone feels the need to get 'Snarky' put tape over your mouth, otherwise it just shows your lack of intelligence, and that you don't really want to learn anything...Plus, you will be ignored...:)

ps. I am going to put out a little at a time... Love to all...:) SL

pss...*If you do not believe in the Bible, than this will be an enlightening Mythology lesson for you... For those of you not interested, just skip our posts...:) SL

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#452623 Mar 14, 2013
I will be referring to the KJV... This is not to make comparisons between various modern Bible versions with the King James Bible, but rather to look at the changes that are being made to the text of King James Bibles. This has been written for those who believe the promise of God that He would preserve His Word, and who believe any change made to the Bible is a sin against the following scripture warnings:
Deut. 4:2; “Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#452624 Mar 14, 2013
* The King James Bible is the only English Bible whose text does not contain a copyright.

***Any number of organizations may freely make copies of it.*That may sound good, but it has resulted in many changes to the text of our Bible.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#452625 Mar 14, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you wait until you get home first?
kait - i drink, i smoke, i swear...i'm just like you only i receive the love of God. can't we all just get along?:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#452626 Mar 14, 2013
Let's start here...
The Bible says of the devil in Genesis 3:1,
“Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.” If he cannot get you to discard your King James Bible for any of the new versions, he will try to corrupt the very text of your Bible, while keeping the name “King James” or “Authorized Version” on the cover.

I believe this... anyone?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452627 Mar 14, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text> you decide, it is another opportunity for you. to show the great set of morals the bible teaches you.
<quoted text>
Translation: "I don't *want* to live by the bible and I don't have to, because I'm saved; *you* have to because you're *not* saved."
<quoted text>
Thou shalt not lie.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Jesus said that, according to you. Yet you ignore all that, and you continue to lie to us, you continue to steal from your boss, you continue to hit on women here behind your wife's back.
You aren't living by your bible, you fucking hypocrite; you just demand that the rest of us live by it.
Waaasssuuup: "STOP MAKING ME LOOK AT THAT! I DON'T WANNA SEE THAT!! I WANT ***MY WAY!!***"
girl - there's NO ONE who was able to live up to the law and the spirit of it except Jesus; He fulfilled the law for us and all we have to do is appreciate Him for it!

does this mean the law isn't right and we shouldn't appreciate it? NO! it's good and that's why you always try to hold it over me. YOU'RE the one who will be held up to its standards if you don't appreicate Jesus' fulfillment of it! i'm honestly trying to help you understand this, not trying to judge you by it like you are me!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452628 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
What do you care? Either way, you shot your load under your desk. I wonder if your boss was watching?
<quoted text>
That settles it, then; it's not going back up. The thought of you jerking off to my picture makes me feel really, really icky.
:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452629 Mar 14, 2013
But since it isn't true, we couldn't care less.
<quoted text>
It isn't.
<quoted text>
If it is true, why do you feel the need to reinforce your own weak faith by forcing it onto others?
<quoted text>
"forcing it onto others"

kait (is there any affectionate name that i can call you?:)

how is expressing myself here like you do "forcing" anything on anyone?

you may believe as you wish, even if you're insisting eternal extinction on me and others:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452630 Mar 14, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>This post shows that you are proud of your alcohol savvy. Alcoholism is the sad end of many Hispanics, and a home-wrecker. Gin and vodka and tequila are for fools.
me thinks if you lived in the 1st century, you would have identified with the pharisees, but that's just my opinion.

how would you have felt when Jesus had the nerve to turn good water into that disgusting alcoholic beverage, wine? just think how it's ruined the life of many a wino!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452631 Mar 14, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I love the Jews.
I also love christians.
I'm a people type of person.
However, I do wish for demise on certain people who perform unforgivable acts.
On top of the list are those who commit horrific crimes to animals.
<quoted text>
Is *that* why you continue to lie to us, steal from your boss, and cheat on your wife?? What do you do, just tell yourself, "Aww, it's okay with him?"
it's starting to sound like wolf-witches are more prudish and self-righteous snobs than the puritans! i'd rather hang with the sinners any day!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452632 Mar 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks again for sharing, Christian.
<quoted text>
Yes, actually, he is. So am I. You see, we don't tell others to do as we say and not as we do, like you always do.
Is it starting to sink in now, hypocrite?
you're really twisting things up but good! those demons are not your friends and there making a fool of you!

"demons only live in the blah blah blah"... prove it by not acting just like them!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452633 Mar 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone tell you that a person has to do something to be a person?
FYI, a person is born a person and continues being a person until they die, except for maybe Brundlefly.
My ethics are superior to yours, if that's what you mean. The evidence is documented by this very thread.
Your ethics are a life lesson in "don't do this".
If you have a problem with my judgment of you, that's your problem to deal with.
<quoted text>
No,*YOU* did that, when you said that as a christian you get to judge non-christians.
"when you said that as a christian you get to judge non-christians"

when have i EVER said this, kait?

you're getting crazy/loopy again and i'm about to cut you loose....
babysan

United States

#452634 Mar 14, 2013
I recently converted to atheism. Figured it was finally time to grow up and embrace reality.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452635 Mar 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i know what you mean; i need a penis reduction cuz i can't get pants to fit me right:(
<quoted text>
But his jesus forgives him. Just ask him; he'll tell you.
DUH....YEAH!!! where would any of us be if there wasn't forgiveness through Jesus???

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452636 Mar 14, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
No-o-o. Salvation is not about your continual belief in the Son of God.
That would be works. Your salvation does not depend on your daily believing.
Your statement, "Therefore I live by the Bible" reveals that you consider yourself a right-living, righteous person; however, Romans 3:10 says, "There is none righteous, no not one."
The apostle Paul said, "I do not presume to have attained".
okay- sure, than STOP JUDGING ME!

btw - i got some good skunk bud; wanna hit sum up wit me?:)
What a hoot

North Liberty, IN

#452637 Mar 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
kait - i drink, i smoke, i swear...i'm just like you only i receive the love of God. can't we all just get along?:)
Which makes you even more deplorable.

The bible says to epitomize the behavior that glorifies God and makes Christ real to others.

Do you think your behavior on topix does that?

Be honest, how many people have you led to Christ by your behavior on topix?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452638 Mar 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat is a better person than you.
LOL! i'll bet your cat has better theology than you;)
What a hoot

North Liberty, IN

#452639 Mar 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
girl - there's NO ONE who was able to live up to the law and the spirit of it except Jesus; He fulfilled the law for us and all we have to do is appreciate Him for it!
does this mean the law isn't right and we shouldn't appreciate it? NO! it's good and that's why you always try to hold it over me. YOU'RE the one who will be held up to its standards if you don't appreicate Jesus' fulfillment of it! i'm honestly trying to help you understand this, not trying to judge you by it like you are me!:)
You as a follower of Christ, are supposed to TRY to live up to that law.

You are supposed to be an example. Try a little harder each day.

Yet all you and the other "Christians" on topix do the exact opposite.

You think you can do as you like and say a few meaningless words and you are forgiven. And get up and do the exact same thing the next day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min kent 658,744
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Neville Thompson 282,993
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Buck Crick 70,911
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 10 min Buck Crick 179
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Leo 618,853
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min Leo 45,618
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 21 min andet1987 3,035
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr ffj 974,740
More from around the web