Why I’m no longer a Christian

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#452341 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a nice Yugo for sale, only driven to church on Sundays by a little old lady.
I want that Yugo for my new Clown car...

I had to look up what a yugo looked like !!!!! LOVE IT

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#452342 Mar 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... I don't.:)*Btw, I have been researching, and gathering info. on why pages and verses are missing in the Bible?... You might not care for my answers, but I'll give it a shot...
I would be VERY interested in your perspective.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#452343 Mar 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah! I was just reading about Hezekiah's Tunnel..
*Absolutely, history is always more fascinating than mythology...IMHO as well...
One of my favorite places that I have traveled was to Rome... Lots of history there...eh?
*In one of the museums in Florence, I almost knocked over a bust. I was a curious child, and pushed on it, and it started to wobble... Lol Luckily, it did not fall. The busts were just on pedestals for all to see and touch. Not good. ha!
You naughty girl!

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#452344 Mar 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually what I am finding is that the verses were already there, and have been removed... More to come.:)
What brought you to that conclusion?

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#452345 Mar 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it might be enlightening...:)
Have you ever heard this before?
* What do you think of Psalm 117 - being the shortest chapter of the Bible. Then, Psalm 119 - being the longest. The center chapter being 118.
There are 594 chapters before ch.18
There are 594 chapters after ch. 18 / Add them together = 1188
*Stay with me now...
What is the center verse in the Bible? Psalm 118:8 Cool huh?
*What does Psalm 118:8 say? It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.
Coincidence? or God's plan...
Just thought it was kinda cool...:)
Very interesting!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#452346 Mar 13, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Snevaeh legna / Heavens angel? I like that. It's has style!
FACT!!! You atheist know-nothings are completely lost in life. Pity for you! Now, hold out your right arm, Anti Human... no, your other right arm! LMAO! You ding-dongs are so lost stumbling, and tripping over each other, that it would take all of the GPS's worldwide to get you lost chumps to make one complete step before you fell flat on your ignorant faces. Now, run along before you hurt yourself more than you already have, and have yourself a nice day in the land of the lost ... ya hear!?

Yours truly,
Bro. Clownie the Hammer (God knows I love it!)

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#452347 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You will love the movie "PI", not the new disney flick, the B&W one. Available on Netflix!
http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Pi/1193100...
I love that movie. Are you a fan of Aronofsky? I also have "Requiem For A Dream".
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#452348 Mar 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>...
For instance: it is difficult to reconcile the idea that there is neither male nor female in Christ (Paul), with "sit your *ss down and do what you're told, woman" (deutero-Paul).
LOL...Paul...TTclowns favorite bible character.
He just >loves< Paul.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#452349 Mar 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well golly gee willikers, clownie, I read the New Testament and other early Christian writings. I also read what you deluded Christians write here. Half the time you guys don't seem to even know the difference between what Paul wrote and what Jesus is supposed to have said.
Could it be that Paul was 'blinded by the light' as the song goes?
lol

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#452351 Mar 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
***WARNING***
This post will hold no interest for those who can only comprehend sentences of three words or less.
Is anyone read this book?
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
(free ebook)
http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/world/readfi...
I might tackle it...maybe...
At this site is an is a review on one of the chapters that I have found rather interesting.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/...
Excerpt...
In an essay in The Times’ Sunday Book Review this week the writer Paul Elie asks the intriguing question: Has fiction lost its faith? As we are gathered here today, let us consider one of the most oddly faithful of all fiction writers, Fyodor Dostoevsky. More specifically, I’d like focus pretty intensely on what some consider to be the key moment in his greatest novel — arguably one of the greatest of all time —“The Brothers Karamazov.”(Elie himself notes the 1880 masterpiece as an example of the truly faith-engaged fiction of yore.) I speak in particular of the “Grand Inquisitor” scene, a sort of fiction within a fiction that draws on something powerful from the New Testament — Jesus’s refusal of Satan’s three temptations — and in doing so digs at the meaning of faith, freedom, happiness and the diabolic satisfaction of our desires.
Sounds interesting. I might have to give it a look.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#452352 Mar 13, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please try to remain on the same page of the posted topic.
Your off-tune babbling just to portray a response is unwarranted.
hey, btw, how was your weekend at the strip mall...lol?
I've been thinking about a surgical enhancement for quite some time and finally said, "That's it! I'm doin it"!
A breast enlargent was performed on the sabbath but some reason it went awry. I wanted a '42' but ended up with a '62'.
Where in tarnation can I get a bustenhalter that size?
Can you help?
i know what you mean; i need a penis reduction cuz i can't get pants to fit me right:(

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#452353 Mar 13, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born in the water. I'm unsinkable AND shark-proof.
John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Do you really understand what he was trying to say here? I'd like to hear your take.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452354 Mar 13, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Please admit to everyone that you do not believe that you are saved once, saved forever.
Please admit to everyone that you believe you must maintain your own salvation, speak in tongues, and await the baptism of the Holy Spirit with signs and wonders following and that you are not saved, but in danger of hellfire if you die right now.
huh? non - i'm not gonna carry your baggage, hon:)
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#452355 Mar 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, ya wanna see something interesting?
Reread that story from Isaiah 37 and then flip over to 2 Kings 19 and compare the two.
Watch this:
2 Kings 19:35 And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.
Exactly the same, almost word for word. The compilers of Isaiah appear to have copied verbatim from the Deuteronomistic Historian's story.
Check them both out.
LOL
It's funny how the dead can rise up in the morning and see that they're all dead.
What a >rude awakening<.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#452356 Mar 13, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>You were born male, with all the requisite male parts. You are not a female, you will never be a female. No amount of surgery or hormones can turn anybody into a woman.
I do not know to whom you speak, but you do know, that there are females born with male sex organs, and males born with female parts.

gender is not defined by the contents of your pants.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#452357 Mar 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! You could never in your pathetic lifetime insult Bro.Clownie. I'm battle tested, strong as steel mentally and physically, and can handle Godless, unintelligent amoeba like you with the greatest of ease. Im the daring young Clownie on the flying trapeze...
You're very brave to say so ;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#452358 Mar 13, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Look around silly, it's heading west toward the sunset. It'll become extinct just like the dinosaurs.
In a few thousand years, archaeologists will eventually excavate some of the >sheep< and display them in a museum.
Perhaps you might be one of the exhibits?
Don't forget to smile.
ooouuuch! what do you think about the Jews, should they be abolished as well since they're a living testimony to the Bible? you wouldn't be the only one in history very adament to see their demise;)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#452359 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Good enough for you. LOL
That doesn't seem to be the problem.*shrug*

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#452360 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>It is not prejudice, my dear.

It is based on careful investigation and observation.
Naturally Watson.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#452361 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I have a nice Yugo for sale, only driven to church on Sundays by a little old lady.
Yugo? Bleh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min PadMark 675,949
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min nanoanomaly 110,961
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 37 min Gotti 305
Arkansas right for punishing heinous crimes 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 982,121
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,234
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 8 hr Wtf 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr AussieBobby 286,315
More from around the web