“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#451327 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Now what kind of loving God would bitch and whine that he really wants to save his failed creation, and then turns right around and BRAGS about "hiding" the truth from those he chooses at his own whim?
Do you guys ever think about your own doctrine?
Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

9:16 It - The blessing. Therefore is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth - It is not the effect either of the will or the works of man, but of the grace and power of God. The will of man is here opposed to the grace of God, and man's running, to the divine operation. And this general declaration respects not only Isaac and Jacob, and the Israelites in the time of Moses, but likewise all the spiritual children of Abraham, even to the end of the world.- Wesley's Notes

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#451328 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
...because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another,...
8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Did you just edit the Bible, dusty, to force it to service a point you wanted to make? How very "true Christian" of you!

Tell me, class, why did all these disparate people happen to be in Jerusalem at this particular time cited out of context by dusty?

Question just for dusty (again): Do you suppose Jesus and the Pharisees spoke Greek to each other?

We both can agree that your citation bears absolutely no relevance to my question, right?

Silly Christians....
Henry

Germany

#451329 Mar 10, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we as Humans make choices because we, well, make choices. There is no evidence outside of your myth that it is otherwise.
Your judgement day and "his wrath" are merely scare tactics that you apparently have fallen for. Any religious organization that is based on fear defies Logic when the presentation is of a god-being of love and compassion.
The irony continues.
The catholic church is finished!
duststorm

League City, TX

#451330 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>
People is people, why not love for that alone?
If your elderly friend, who is now deaf and mostly blind, were shuffling down the driveway into the path of a speeding car, would you tackle him, and risk hurting him, to save his life?
Or would it be more polite and loving to just let him be killed?
Henry

Germany

#451331 Mar 10, 2013
Oneida Citizen wrote:
who would you rather believe....The worlds version of Logic or the word of God? seems to me God created reason, but it has been twisted by the gift of free thought. Your Logic is based on Science and things of this wo! rld,,,,Christians Logic is base on Heavenly truths.(GOD)
You are right! The catholic church is finished!
Henry

Germany

#451332 Mar 10, 2013
Oneida Citizen wrote:
who would you rather believe....The worlds version of Logic or the word of God? seems to me God created reason, but it has been twisted by the gift of free thought. Your Logic is based on Science and things of this world,,,,Christians Logic is base on Heavenly truths.(GOD)
"Heavenly truths does not value in the science ofmen! BTW The catholic church is finished!

“The future begins”

every moment

#451333 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hip writes: the parable of new vs old wineskins.
duststorm: I remember also being taught that it was new wine vs. old wineskins;however, I just looked it up and Matt., Mark, and Luke refer to bottles, and that the new wine broke the old bottles.
I'm sure the old plumber Chuck Colson would get a kick out of
getting the credit for the born again doctrine; but right now he is with Jesus, and there is no awareness of this world for those in the arms of the Savior.
dusty, dusty, still thinking God spoke in Elizabethan English?

Strong's 779 - askos = a wineskin, a leather bottle

No need to scrap that KJV, because it is literately pretty at times, when God's not slaughtering innocents and coming over virgins, but for actual knowledge about the Bible you might at least augment with a newer translation AND a Strong's, at least.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#451334 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is your job to refute the Bible?
Have you enjoined the whack-a-fundie battle?
Joshua 11:20 For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts...that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour...
Clearest case of entrapment I ever heard of.
duststorm

League City, TX

#451335 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Now what kind of loving God would bitch and whine that he really wants to save his failed creation, and then turns right around and BRAGS about "hiding" the truth from those he chooses at his own whim?
A wrathful God who opened up the earth and swallowed them whole.
A God who said "I will not always strive with man."
A God who will not go against his word.
duststorm

League City, TX

#451336 Mar 10, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right! The catholic church is finished!
Far-fen-yugen!
Henry

Germany

#451337 Mar 10, 2013
Oneida Citizen wrote:
who would you rather believe....The worlds version of Logic or the word of God? seems to me God created reason, but it has been twisted by the gift of free thought. Your Logic is based on Science and things of this world,,,,Christians Logic is base on Heavenly truths.(GOD)
The catholic church is finished!

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#451338 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>John 3
There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus,
Christians always like to quote from their little buybull, as if it actually means anything...
Henry

Germany

#451339 Mar 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have the balls to address this, do you? What a surprise.
<quoted text>
The only thing you cared to respond to was:
<quoted text>
You are scum. You are the reason why I hate christianity.
The crime in the name of the catholic church in the last 1500 years was tremendous!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#451340 Mar 10, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this one better for a Sunday morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =empiUulYcDsXX
If I remember correctly...Hip might like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“The future begins”

every moment

#451341 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
If your elderly friend, who is now deaf and mostly blind, were shuffling down the driveway into the path of a speeding car, would you tackle him, and risk hurting him, to save his life?
Or would it be more polite and loving to just let him be killed?
Wouldn't your time be better served roaming the streets looking for blind, deaf, elderly folk about to walk in front of a car?

Please recruit someone to film you "tackling" them. "Elderly" folks just love being treated "elderly".

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#451342 Mar 10, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed that.
The nut was actually citing a Chick Tract?
Whadda hoot.
Yup! Here's her post:
socci wrote:
wrote:
<quoted text>
Not practiced in the Bible or by me. It wasnt practiced by early Christians either, only by the romanist. There is paganism in Christianity today but not in the Bible as i said. Christianity was not founded out of any paganism - which is condemned in the Bible by God.(Sun worship forbidden -- Ez 8:16,17; Jer 44:17-19 -- Queen of Heaven forbidden) There are many other passages about the practices of the pagans & heathens including one on the obelisk, child sacrifices, and the list goes on. It's pretty long really. Easter is mentioned once in the KJV when the romans were observing this day just before the crucifixion.
ē Easter in the KJV
www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158cont.asp
Chick-dot-com. Is that a friggin' hoot, or what?

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#451343 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think it is your job to refute the Bible?
Have you enjoined the whack-a-fundie battle?
Joshua 11:20 For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts...that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour...
The title of the thread implies in and of itself that there's going to be refuting of the bible.
The whack-a-fundie thng is once again brought upon by yourself. Bringing your beliefs on to a thread with this title will probably bring some whacks to fundies don't cha' think??
And it appears your lord hardened their hears...and then wants to destroy them. What kinda wierdo do you worship anyway?

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#451344 Mar 10, 2013
Messanger wrote:
<quoted text> ...You talk trash........that's what you are scab........
Scabs provide protection while healing; so do I.

How's it feel to be such a loser, loser?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#451345 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Did you just edit the Bible, dusty, to force it to service a point you wanted to make? How very "true Christian" of you!
Tell me, class, why did all these disparate people happen to be in Jerusalem at this particular time cited out of context by dusty?
Question just for dusty (again): Do you suppose Jesus and the Pharisees spoke Greek to each other?
We both can agree that your citation bears absolutely no relevance to my question, right?
Silly Christians....
Amusingly, the blind Irish Druid Mogh Roith was there at the time, also.

One tale has him as the Baptizer's executioner.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#451346 Mar 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the same reason why christians lie; it's what they do.
Yea but tell me this. Does a Polar Bear shit in the woods? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stovepipe Hat 743,653
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Dally Mama 228,559
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 20 min Johnny 606
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min andet1987 4,597
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 43 min Johnny 3,354
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr truth 545,056
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Mandela 118,283
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr MUQ1 260,188
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr mike 601,413