Why I’m no longer a Christian

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#451395 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good one!!! ROTFLMAO
Can a bipolar bear shit in more than one place at a time?
Wouldn't it have to be a bi-shitter to do that??

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#451396 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth:
If you have ever made wine .....(yadayadayada bunch of stuff completely irrelevant to the discussion yadayada)... Basic Vinter's 101a.
It takes that many words to dodge the question, does it? Christianity is tough to defend, ain't it, esp. when it's new-age made-up dogma of man?

The question is, modified to accommodate your dosey-doe around the question - why do we never hear that one MUST become a new >bottle< to be saved? This teaching made in public is the exact same message as in the private conversation with Nicodemus.

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#451397 Mar 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh!!
Awwww darn...Ya beat me to it Kait...
Oh well...

“The future begins”

every moment

#451398 Mar 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
'Baptism' and 'born again' were and are Jewish rituals and beliefs.
They are both still part of the process of converting to Judaism as well as renewing one's commitment to Judaism.
Christian baptism is a mockery of the religion of Jesus.
I blame Paul.
Sure it is. Even Wesley can be found to expound upon the concept. It's all just preacher fodder to fill a service between the "ritual" plate-passing and flesh-eating. What's funny is to watch born-againers argue with fundies about whether baptism is necessary to salvation. That ol' Bible accommodates all manner of rituals one MUST do to be saved.

And then they say it's about faith alone, with a straight face.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#451399 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Yup! Here's her post:
<quoted text>
Chick-dot-com. Is that a friggin' hoot, or what?
Too funny.

“The future begins”

every moment

#451400 Mar 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Don't make fun of the simple-minded." - Allah
<quoted text>
"Don't make fun of Allah." - The Simple Minded
Now THAT'S a good LOL!

“The future begins”

every moment

#451401 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, we think about our own doctrine, all right. And when we think about it, it gives us impetus to tell others the gospel. Then they scoff. Then we try again. Then they mock. Then we try again. Then they curse. Then some of us curse back.
I know, we all know, you come here primarily for your persecution fix. You oughta be in a Chick tract titled "God's Laziest Martyr". The only time you've ever been cursed that I know of is when you have the audacity to claim it's this horrific God's plan when innocent children are killed indiscriminately. I truly don't want to know such a God, or a "believer" who can contain such a thought without self-immolating.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Here's another hard-to-contemplate verse: Rom. 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Not hard at all, actually. This is what you say when the rest of what you say makes no sense, spiritually, logically, morally, no kind of way. "Don' be questionin' Gawd! He kill ya soon as look atcha!" Fear is Christianity's chief motivator.

“The future begins”

every moment

#451402 Mar 10, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it have to be a bi-shitter to do that??
Naw, man, it just has to cry and crap over here, laugh hysterically and crap over there......

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#451403 Mar 10, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
And yet another division of the christian church...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/10/widow-su...
Deny it if you wish...
And the inexorable descent towards Brownian motion among cults-of-one conntiiinnnnuuuueeessss....

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#451404 Mar 10, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this one better for a Sunday morning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =empiUulYcDsXX
I love it!!!!!!

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#451405 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Naw, man, it just has to cry and crap over here, laugh hysterically and crap over there......
Does happy cr*p smell any different than cry cr*p??

“SPEBSQSA”

Northern Virginia

#451406 Mar 10, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And the inexorable descent towards Brownian motion among cults-of-one conntiiinnnnuuuueeessss....
It is/was inevitable...and fun to watch...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451407 Mar 10, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The clown merely makes a fool of himself but is too slow to realize it.
I've seem to have brought out one of the top atheist losers in America. You've confirmed yourself a atheist loser by your stupid post. It's reassuring when morons confirm their lack of intelligence, dignity, and honor, themselves. It keeps yours truly from having to do it! Congratulations fool!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451408 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>But he did go against his word. He went against a solemn covenant, issued again and again, over the course of a thousand years, to his alleged "Chosen" children, right up to the very last chapter of the very last book of your "Old" Testament. To hear the NT myth-makers tell it, he did so all along purposely knowing that he was misleading them.
Who can trust a God that does that?
Although the thought may seem nutty to some peeps, the fact that they don’t believe in a Holy God does not change the reality that it exists....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#451409 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I'd be too scared to ask him. It's best to just stay out of his way.
Indeed.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#451410 Mar 10, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> I've seem to have brought out one of the top atheist losers in America. You've confirmed yourself a atheist loser by your stupid post. It's reassuring when morons confirm their lack of intelligence, dignity, and honor, themselves. It keeps yours truly from having to do it! Congratulations fool!
Did you get any Jesus juice this morning Clownie?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451411 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
"Word of god?" You mean, your book of lies called the buybull?
Of course I've read the bleeding thing!! How'd I know it was shit *without* reading it?
2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451412 Mar 10, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf is a New Age Christian?
no such thing

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451413 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.I love Clownie like a brother
Back Atcha brother from a diff mother, and daddy

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#451414 Mar 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly...Hip might like this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =on3rUlY3sS8XX
Very nice AnnieJ. Many full moons ago I use to go to a place on the river on Sunday afternoons where they had bluegrass jams, a pickin' and a grinnin'. lol. It seemed to appeal to everyone no matter what their age or taste in music. It was a connection point despite all our differences. Too bad there aren't more things like that we can all come together on and agree, or at least agree to disagree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Neville Thompson 42,230
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 min White Male_ 3,360
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Riverside Redneck 950,258
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Thinking 14,176
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min Lyndi 179,991
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min Neville Thompson 278,372
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Just Think 627,242
More from around the web