Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ChristianityIs AMental Disease”

Since: May 10

And The Cure Is Education

#451365 Mar 10, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
The crime in the name of the catholic church in the last 1500 years was tremendous!
Umm...yeah. So?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#451366 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>We give the reader of this thread the courtesy of assuming they own a Bible, and even have read some of it. Sadly, we are often proved wrong, most esp. with alleged "believers".
"Born-again" was never intended to be dogma....
'Baptism' and 'born again' were and are Jewish rituals and beliefs.

They are both still part of the process of converting to Judaism as well as renewing one's commitment to Judaism.

Christian baptism is a mockery of the religion of Jesus.

I blame Paul.
Henry

Germany

#451367 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
...because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another,...
8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
Fairy tales are wonderful but of course not real!
duststorm

League City, TX

#451368 Mar 10, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're thinking of the pre-christian myth of Zalmoxis of Thrace; the savior who promised "eternal life" to guests at his sacramental Last Supper. Then he went into the underworld, and rose again on the third day
If you had devoted one thimbleful of the time you've spent learning nonsense to applying yourself to the word of God, you would be saved, and not only saved, but snatching others out of the fire.

#451369 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea but tell me this. Does a Polar Bear shit in the woods? lol
Is is a bipolar bear? I imagine he'll shit anywhere he wants.
Henry

Germany

#451370 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea but tell me this. Does a Polar Bear shit in the woods? lol
The catholic church is finished!

#451371 Mar 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
"Don't make fun of the simple-minded." - Allah
"Don't make fun of Allah." - The Simple Minded

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451373 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Now what kind of loving God would bitch and whine that he really wants to save his failed creation, and then turns right around and BRAGS about "hiding" the truth from those he chooses at his own whim?
Do you guys ever think about your own doctrine?
If they did, they would no longer be Christains.
Henry

Germany

#451374 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a fact! Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday, 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb.
I doubt it. Fairy tales!
duststorm

League City, TX

#451375 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Simple minded cartoons for simple minded people.
Please continue to entertain us.
The Long Trip This tract shows them falling into the abyss. It's horrible. http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0009/0009...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451376 Mar 10, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
9:16 It - The blessing. Therefore is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth - It is not the effect either of the will or the works of man, but of the grace and power of God. The will of man is here opposed to the grace of God, and man's running, to the divine operation. And this general declaration respects not only Isaac and Jacob, and the Israelites in the time of Moses, but likewise all the spiritual children of Abraham, even to the end of the world.- Wesley's Notes
The teachings of Paul the Antichrist!

ROFLMAO

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#451377 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
"Don't make fun of Allah." - The Simple Minded
Hehehe.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#451378 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Is is a bipolar bear? I imagine he'll shit anywhere he wants.
That's a good one!!! ROTFLMAO

Can a bipolar bear shit in more than one place at a time?

#451379 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Actually, you're thinking of the pre-christian myth of Zalmoxis of Thrace; the savior who promised "eternal life" to guests at his sacramental Last Supper. Then he went into the underworld, and rose again on the third day
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had devoted one thimbleful of the time you've spent learning nonsense to applying yourself to the word of God,
Does anyone know where I can find a new irony meter? My new one just blew up, and my local Radio Shack is fresh out.
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text> you would be saved, and not only saved, but snatching others out of the fire.
Did I hit you with too much reason, logic and truth? Did it hurt your li'l brain?

"Duststorm" says:

The only thing to be saved from, li'l goob, is your sick and hateful death cult.

#451380 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>The Long Trip This tract shows them falling into the abyss. It's horrible. http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0009/0009...
Thanks for the laugh!!

#451381 Mar 10, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good one!!! ROTFLMAO
Can a bipolar bear shit in more than one place at a time?
I'd be too scared to ask him. It's best to just stay out of his way.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451382 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah! The religion of the Dacian Celts. It has been postulated that the similarities between Celtic Paganism and early Christinity are why Celtic peoples readily accepted Christianity.

#451383 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had devoted one thimbleful of the time you've spent learning nonsense to applying yourself to the word of God,
"Word of god?" You mean, your book of lies called the buybull?

Of course I've read the bleeding thing!! How'd I know it was shit *without* reading it?

#451385 Mar 10, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>The Long Trip This tract shows them falling into the abyss. It's horrible. http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0009/0009...
Translation: "We must continue to use fear and lies to win people over to the love of our jesus!"

Sweet cheeks, you need to get laid.
duststorm

League City, TX

#451386 Mar 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Now what kind of loving God would bitch and whine that he really wants to save his failed creation, and then turns right around and BRAGS about "hiding" the truth from those he chooses at his own whim?
Do you guys ever think about your own doctrine?
Oh yeah, we think about our own doctrine, all right. And when we think about it, it gives us impetus to tell others the gospel. Then they scoff. Then we try again. Then they mock. Then we try again. Then they curse. Then some of us curse back.

Here's another hard-to-contemplate verse: Rom. 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min PELE78 879,543
A REAL possible motive in Houston Deputy murder 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 19 min confrinting with ... 8,159
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 41 min NEWS-FLASH 177,879
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 45 min June VanDerMark 603,309
Though God is 'silent', His Creations EXCLAIM H... 1 hr Critical Eye 6
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,400
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Critical Eye 3,882
More from around the web