Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#451631 Mar 11, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither you nor I can possibly obeying all of the Laws. We've already broken many of them. That is why God came down from His throne in heaven to be born of a virgin, to be scourged by sinful men, to take the weight of all the sin in the history of the world on his shoulders, and allowed himself to be crucified for you, your family, for all of us.
Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace are you saved, and that and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.
anyone who accepts blood as apology, is worthy of only derision.
Gut Stomper

Arden, NC

#451632 Mar 11, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
The Bible On Christmas Trees
Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel. Thus said the Lord,“Do not learn the way of the gentiles, and do not be awed by the signs of the heavens, for the gentiles are awed by them. For the prescribed customs of these peoples are worthless, for one cuts a tree from the forest, work for the hands of a craftsman with a cutting tool. They adorn it with silver and gold, they fasten it with nails and hammers so that it does not topple. Do not be afraid of them, for they do no evil, nor is it in them to do any good.”
Jeremiah 10:1-5
I hope that doesn't ruin your Christmas this year!
It won't. Enjoy the day off.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#451633 Mar 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
spoken like a true atheist of the Nietzsche persuasion; survival of the fittest & destruction of the rest:(
Notice the Christian projecting the desire for destruction on the one who refuses to believe his lies.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#451634 Mar 11, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
I've also noticed that, since I've come back for a visit, most of the Christians here seem dim, even more so than before. Ad hominem attacks and mindless non-sequitur quoting of scripture seem to be the norm.
Funny, ain't it?
Gut Stomper

Arden, NC

#451635 Mar 11, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
The Bible On Christmas Trees
Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel. Thus said the Lord,“Do not learn the way of the gentiles, and do not be awed by the signs of the heavens, for the gentiles are awed by them. For the prescribed customs of these peoples are worthless, for one cuts a tree from the forest, work for the hands of a craftsman with a cutting tool. They adorn it with silver and gold, they fasten it with nails and hammers so that it does not topple. Do not be afraid of them, for they do no evil, nor is it in them to do any good.”
Jeremiah 10:1-5
I hope that doesn't ruin your Christmas this year!
This is Topix.
The House of Israel?

*suppressed laughter*

It's over there. Way over there.
ROFLMMFAOBYCFOHTSSLIC!

STOMP!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#451636 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Wtf is a New Age Christian?
Yeah G_O_D....what is a this?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#451637 Mar 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice the Christian projecting the desire for destruction on the one who refuses to believe his lies.
how is my promotion of "for God so loved the world (X) that he gave His only begotten Son..." a projection of desired destruction to you???

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#451640 Mar 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
But it has claws.
"My mighty Deity will inflict you with paper cuts!" LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451642 Mar 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how is my promotion of "for God so loved the world (X) that he gave His only begotten Son..." a projection of desired destruction to you???
That wasn't in the post he responded to.

Are you a complete moron or an utterly despicable liar ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451644 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't do Christmas. It is pagan and Christ never asked us to celebrate a day in honor of His birth,...
Correct.
According to the Bible he asked us to celebrate Passover and remember Him during the Seder meal.

Bet you don't do that either.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#451646 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't in the post he responded to.
Are you a complete moron or an utterly despicable liar ?
how could your calling me these things be ok with any god, even your own made-up ones???

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#451647 Mar 11, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
Christians Make Their Own Ignorant
Genesis 6:1-2:
“When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.“
Who were the “sons of God”? This passage has mystified Christians for ages. However it was explained very clearly in The Book of Enoch (chapters 6-7), a book the council of Nicea banned in 325 AD under penalty of death because it exposed the Christian Church as apostate (chapter 93, v.7-9)[1], as well as other errors, omissions, and distortions in church dogma.
It was also banned because it has God blaming all sin on a messenger named Azazel, and not the church’s invention (Satan):
“And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.'
Book of Enoch, chapter 10, verse 8-9
[1]“And after that in the seventh week shall an apostate generation arise, and many shall be its deeds,
And all its deeds shall be apostate.” The Book of Enoch, chapter 93, v.7-9
Great post!!!!

Keep posting.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451648 Mar 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how could your calling me these things be ok with any god, even your own made-up ones???
There you go lying again.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451649 Mar 11, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Jews. Daniel was a prophet of God. Proven true time and again.
• Four Kingdoms of Daniel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...
Christianity comes from OT prophecies about the coming Messiah who is the anointed man or God / Creator on earth.
The main OT prophecy of the coming Messiah is found in Daniel 9:24-27 that tells the exact year then fulfilled only by Jesus.
Paul agrees with all the other NT books and apostles. Paul was accepted by the first Christians who were witnesses same as they were witnesses to the virgin birth and miracles.
Paganism is condemned by God. There's nothing pagan about Christianity. All other religions, including modern Judaism, originated with pagan Babylonian sun worship.
This is the problem when one begins with the belief the first 11 chapters, or more, of Genesis are just allegorical, as God and Creator are synonymous.
Mmmmmm...Hmmmmm
Have heard all this before.
What I find interesting IS that the earliest Paul's writings, at least the ones that are authentic >never< mentions that this Jesus dude was born of a virgin.

If the VB thing is so crucial to christianity, why was this left out?
Could it be that the light and sounds that he saw and heard on his Damascus journey failed to inform him?

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#451650 Mar 11, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Topix.
The House of Israel?
*suppressed laughter*
It's over there. Way over there.
ROFLMMFAOBYCFOHTSSLIC!
STOMP!
Not the house of Israel. You would be the gentiles of whom your own god said:

"Do not be afraid of them, for they do no evil, nor is it in them to do any good.” Jeremiah 10:1-5

"...nor is it in them to do any good.”
It fits.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451651 Mar 11, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You like potato and I like potahto,
You like tomato and I like tomahto,
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
Let's call the whole thing off!
But oh! If we call the whole thing off,
Then we must part.
Sorry, Guy Stomper but 'tis is true.
El & Yhwh ain't the same.

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#451652 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
So we're dim and you're cracked. Works for me.
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/8740411-lg.jpg
You may have noticed I said most. I really didn't include you. At least you make an attempt at intelligent discourse. You don't just answer everything with the typical "baaaaaaahhhh!!!" like the other sheep.

Sorry.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451653 Mar 11, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none.
• Zeitgeist refuted
www.kingdavid8.com/_full_article.php ...
http://archive.org/details/ZeitgeistSpiritOfT ...
<quoted text>
Sure there are.
There are a lot of VB characters on the playing field.
Get off the sidelines.
You gotta play to win.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451654 Mar 11, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Guy Stomper but 'tis is true.
El & Yhwh ain't the same.
El can be traced back to the Sumerian/Canaanite religion while YHWY can be traced back to the local deity of the Midianites (Mose's wife)

Two different deities, cultures and religions.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451655 Mar 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked him
I liked Keith Green
I liked Rich Mullens
I liked Jesus, even thought I never met any of them personally
They're all dead now.
Life goes on.
LOL on 'life goes on'.

Reminds me of the movie the UNTOUCHABLES where Al Capone, played by Robert DeNiro, clubs one of his soldiers to death at the dinner table.
What a bloody mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Gods r Delusions ... 654,390
40+ big black men for white sissy transvestites (Jan '13) 3 min ChristinaMarieCD 13
If you found out your wife was a prostitute, w... (Feb '10) 4 min WhorLover 7
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Aura Mytha 64,567
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 35 min Aura Mytha 973,930
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 44 min ImFree2Choose 2,598
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 51 min Peter Ross 849
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 106,599
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web