Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Here is more Christian love:

"If I had a daughter [who had sex before marriage] I would not stone her, but she would think she was going to die when I got through with the razor strap."

SabreWolf, 123 Christian Forums

Such a wonderful representative from an immoral deity.
jer2911

Warrenton, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I知 no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. That痴 just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my 澱aptism and I will never forget it.
I知 free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions I致e made and the actions I致e taken, then I will. But I won稚 again lie to anyone that I知 feeling something or sensing something when I知 not. I won稚 try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I won稚 lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
Thank you for sharing your story.I did read it all. very interesting.i'll keep my story short. good church experience from grandparents / rotten from parents. won't bore you with all of it..but just imagine the typical stuff - yup, that's it. messed myself up. iffy church, screwed up people. bad marriage. came to really know the LORD, HE was real in my life. still n bad marriage, still loved GOD. divorce. still love GOD. i had trained my children in the LORD their whole lives. i HATE (ugly word i know, but it's true here) HATE posers, so i lived it. still a sinner, but did the best I could through GOD's grace. remarriage-amazing man. still love the LORD. blessed. One child loves the LORD, very smart, is able to question and philsophise. that child's faith is real and alive and a base for overcoming difficult times we went thru when I was married to his dad. these would have destroyed many other kids, I have watched those things do just that in others. other child not with the LORD now. that child is very broken and hurthing themself, but I will be here when they are ready for me and I will protect them as my Heavenly FATHER has done for me.I will be watching and waiting with the light on and no condemnation. that is my story. I am so thankful for all of the conversation you have sparked.I understand how you could have felt the things you have. we try to make it all make sense and it sounds as if you are a very smart young man. sometimes that makes it even harder bc the bible is really so simple. we don't have to understand it or the LORD'S way. those are far above us. it would be like me giving an ant directions and expecting him to understand.I would like to ask the other posters in your mass like what specific contradictions they are referring to. the vague "contradictions" commment is not valid without any backing. I am more interested in you though. if i can ask...would you be willing to share more of your story. do you think your church was "real"? if that makes sense, was it real in your home, or rules?
Huh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
For the non-believer.
Does God hear the non-believers? Who is their god?
Same as yours. None.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I know every verse in the Bible. Not memorized but content. I also know exactly what you refer, and that is really grasping at straws dear. Go for it. Posting scripture will do you good.
Well, I find your knowledge of the scripture very intriguing.
Let's test your memory.

Petrine vs. Pauline gospels.
You claim that they both are resonant even though Paul badmouths peter and claims that Peter and his co. preach another gospel.

Let's take a look.

continued......
Huh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Wiggley says: He uses that line on convicts.
duststorm writes: Convicts are more open to the good news of Jesus. There is nothing like being stripped of everything he has and experiencing the penal system to lay a man low. There is nothing to do all day but read. If they read the Bible, some get saved.
Mr. Wiggley: Believe in the jesus charactor and you'll be saved...no matter what you did or what you do from now on..
duststorm: Praise the Lord, Brother Wiggley, we'll have you preaching the gospel yet. You have just condensed the whole work of Jesus Christ on the cross in one cogent sentence. The truth is the truth. Christ came to not to save the righteous, but to lead sinners to repentance. Come ye weary sinners, it does not matter what you have done or what sins you may commit in the future---they are all covered by the pure precious blood of our Lord.
Mr. Wiggley: Problem is he thinks intelligent non-convicts will buy into it also and he thinks it clears him of his questionable behavior.
duststorm: You are correct that the odds that an American adult who is successful, clean-living, following the laws of God and man, who doesn't partake of the usual vices, will humble himself, recognize his guilt, and trust Christ are very low. This is why Mormons, Muslims, and Jews, are almost immune to the message. They consider themselves to have attained righteousness by their works in this life. Problem is, this life is soon over.
迭eal morality is not the product of fearing a spanking. But what does fundamentalist hell-belief encourage? It retards any developing moral judgment by freezing moral maturity right at the most primitive, most childish, stage: the fear of retribution-and fundamentalism threatens one hell of a spanking.
&#8213; Robert M. Price
Huh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>No, you they worse, they are infidels and heathens.
"A bitched shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord." (Deuteronomy 23:2)
Huh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Oogah,boogah, you will have all eternity in hell to remember those words.
"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent." Timothy 2:11
Huh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>and you still can't answer it goofy one
"Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke [reason with] thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord." (Leviticus 19: 17-18)

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>迭eal morality is not the product of fearing a spanking. But what does fundamentalist hell-belief encourage? It retards any developing moral judgment by freezing moral maturity right at the most primitive, most childish, stage: the fear of retribution-and fundamentalism threatens one hell of a spanking.
&#8213; Robert M. Price
Bam!!!
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I know every verse in the Bible. Not memorized but content. I also know exactly what you refer, and that is really grasping at straws dear. Go for it. Posting scripture will do you good.
2nd Corinthians 10:12

We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who commend themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another they do not show good sense.

2 Cor 11:4
For if someone comes and proclaims >another Jesus< than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a >different spirit< from the one you received, or a >DIFFERENT GOSPEL< from the one you accepted, you submit to it readily enough.

Vs. 5
I think that I am not in the least inferior to these "super apostles".

"Super Apostles"...gee...I wonder who they can be.
Non-other than the big 12.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Only God can help those poor, pathetic lost souls who are walking in circles, wandering aimlessly in the wilderness of their destructive, hateful imaginations. The poor fools like you will be rudely awakened from their drug induced existence one day, and be blinded by the light! Goodbye you sad, hateful microscopic amoeba! May God have mercy on your souls! I know, I know ... It's God's fault you are atheist and that you can only communicate with chumps that believe the same lies you do ... Bro Clownie
My My, what a violent tempered clown.
Did your nose blink when your self-righteous ego typed this post?
You ain't any better than that fraudulent self-appointed apostle paul.

You see, Mr. clown, your insults have no effect?
Why? because many of us have been there.
You're still in pre-school and every year you repeat the same level, y'know, something like ground hog day.

Btw...if you wanted to insult an atheist, you've failed.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Well, well, well ... I've seem to have brought out one of the top scumbag losers in America. You've confirmed yourself a scumbag loser by your stupid post. It's reassuring when morons confirm their lack of intelligence, dignity, and honor, themselves. It keeps yours truly from having to do it! Congratulations fool!
Stick to the 'one-liners', super clown.
You're an epic 'fail'.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Christian rock? Bwahahahahaha. Bad 80s hair bands.
It was the 60's.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
Hi, I'm sure you already know the answer to this, but I will respond in kind...
Only the ones who believe in him shall be saved, with that being said, here is the short version;
-The Jewish remnant will not be raptured at the post-tribulation return.
-Jews are not saved until after Armageddon, weeks after the rapture.-
These Elect Jews enter the Millennium, therefore, in their mortal bodies.
Note *The Jews who populate the Millennium are not saved until after the wrath of God has been poured out on them.
That is how...
*Fellow posters, this is my own insight. I will not answer ridiculous questions , or posters that hang on to every word. I believe in the Bible, and some don't... so be it. I won't argue the Bible...
As some like to put it, I am familiar with the OT & the NT in regards to Christianity...(propaganda?)
ps. If you are a male, as I had suspected long ago, it was very entertaining to watch you get hit on by the same sex, especially when they back peddled...:) Lol
Thank you for your question. I will be happy to answer more as my time permits... I am a busy girl, and it is Friday...
Thanks for your post.
The rapture belief system that you subscribe to is from the early 19th century.
Prior to this, there are no writings of any kind on this subject.

If so, then please present the data.
Thank you.

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
2nd Corinthians 10:12
We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who commend themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another they do not show good sense.
2 Cor 11:4
For if someone comes and proclaims >another Jesus< than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a >different spirit< from the one you received, or a >DIFFERENT GOSPEL< from the one you accepted, you submit to it readily enough.
Vs. 5
I think that I am not in the least inferior to these "super apostles".
"Super Apostles"...gee...I wonder who they can be.
Non-other than the big 12.
2 Cor. 11:5 For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

I knew that was what you implied. However, it bears no resemblance to you saying the banished him.

For I suppose I was not a whit behind,.... This is very modestly expressed by the apostle; for he does not assert, and in a haughty and confident way affirm, but only supposes, or thinks that this might be admitted, that he was not inferior to, or did not come short of, in gifts, grace, and usefulness,- Gill's Exposition

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity comes from OT prophecies about the coming Messiah....
You realize of course, that there is no "Messiah" mentione d in the IT, right ? Even the Jews admit the "Messiah" is an infered belief.

Then again, Christianity desn;t believe in the Messiah, they believe in a "Christ".

DO you know the difference between a cart and a horse ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
.... There's nothing pagan about Christianity.....
Yep, your JACI.

Just Another Christian Idiot.

Have a nice Ishtar celebration this spring.

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I find your knowledge of the scripture very intriguing.
Let's test your memory.
Petrine vs. Pauline gospels.
You claim that they both are resonant even though Paul badmouths peter and claims that Peter and his co. preach another gospel.
Let's take a look.
continued......
Not with a galaxy of that meaning. Talk about convoluded.

2 Cor. 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, etc. Most critics think that the verse is ironical. The Judaizers so perverted the gospel that it was really another gospel (Ga 1:6). Hence Paul is supposed to say that if these men preach another Jesus, another Spirit, and another gospel than those you received, which they do, you might well bear with them! Perhaps, however, he only means to say that these men discredit me, but have no new gospel, Spirit or Christ to offer than what you have received through me. This harmonizes better with what follows. People's NT

Paul, by no means, referred to the Apostles but, The false apostle, who came after St. Paul had left Corinth.

For if he that cometh,.... Meaning either some particular man, the apostle might have had some information of, who came from Judea to Corinth, under the character of a true apostle; or anyone of the false apostles whatever, who came of their own accord, and was never sent by Christ, or by any of his churches: Gill's Exposition

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>.... you still haven't proved that there isn't a GOD!....
Christains prove all the time that their deity doesn't exist.

I do believe in God though. It isn't your puppet on a stick.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the key figures in early (Protestant Dispensational Evangelical) contemporary Christian music starting back in the late 60's. That was the leading edge of the born-again movement, I'd say.
Sing and Celebrate was kinda the musical hippie Bible, didn't really matter what the actual Bible said even back then.
Think Keith Green with Greg Allman's hair.
Hey, I met him in person.
I was attending one of those born again movement churches in the early 70's in Philly.
Messiah-Gateway I believe.

He put on a good concert with some great humorous entertainment.

All us hippie chicks were so freakin jealous of his hair.
damn...my hair looked like Phyllis Diller's...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 425,441 - 425,460 of440,796
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

348 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 717,154
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 530,345
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Carchar king 223,294
Are White men Scared to date Black women? #blac... (Apr '12) 37 min Famos 237
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 53 min who 255,762
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 1 hr petesake kis 36,421
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr ocxz 114,695
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr andet1987 171,519
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 5 hr aalw 110
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••