Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#451647 Mar 11, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
Christians Make Their Own Ignorant
Genesis 6:1-2:
“When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.“
Who were the “sons of God”? This passage has mystified Christians for ages. However it was explained very clearly in The Book of Enoch (chapters 6-7), a book the council of Nicea banned in 325 AD under penalty of death because it exposed the Christian Church as apostate (chapter 93, v.7-9)[1], as well as other errors, omissions, and distortions in church dogma.
It was also banned because it has God blaming all sin on a messenger named Azazel, and not the church’s invention (Satan):
“And the whole earth has been corrupted through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.'
Book of Enoch, chapter 10, verse 8-9
[1]“And after that in the seventh week shall an apostate generation arise, and many shall be its deeds,
And all its deeds shall be apostate.” The Book of Enoch, chapter 93, v.7-9
Great post!!!!

Keep posting.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#451648 Mar 11, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how could your calling me these things be ok with any god, even your own made-up ones???
There you go lying again.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451649 Mar 11, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Jews. Daniel was a prophet of God. Proven true time and again.
• Four Kingdoms of Daniel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of...
Christianity comes from OT prophecies about the coming Messiah who is the anointed man or God / Creator on earth.
The main OT prophecy of the coming Messiah is found in Daniel 9:24-27 that tells the exact year then fulfilled only by Jesus.
Paul agrees with all the other NT books and apostles. Paul was accepted by the first Christians who were witnesses same as they were witnesses to the virgin birth and miracles.
Paganism is condemned by God. There's nothing pagan about Christianity. All other religions, including modern Judaism, originated with pagan Babylonian sun worship.
This is the problem when one begins with the belief the first 11 chapters, or more, of Genesis are just allegorical, as God and Creator are synonymous.
Mmmmmm...Hmmmmm
Have heard all this before.
What I find interesting IS that the earliest Paul's writings, at least the ones that are authentic >never< mentions that this Jesus dude was born of a virgin.

If the VB thing is so crucial to christianity, why was this left out?
Could it be that the light and sounds that he saw and heard on his Damascus journey failed to inform him?

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#451650 Mar 11, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Topix.
The House of Israel?
*suppressed laughter*
It's over there. Way over there.
ROFLMMFAOBYCFOHTSSLIC!
STOMP!
Not the house of Israel. You would be the gentiles of whom your own god said:

"Do not be afraid of them, for they do no evil, nor is it in them to do any good.” Jeremiah 10:1-5

"...nor is it in them to do any good.”
It fits.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451651 Mar 11, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You like potato and I like potahto,
You like tomato and I like tomahto,
Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
Let's call the whole thing off!
But oh! If we call the whole thing off,
Then we must part.
Sorry, Guy Stomper but 'tis is true.
El & Yhwh ain't the same.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#451652 Mar 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
So we're dim and you're cracked. Works for me.
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/8740411-lg.jpg
You may have noticed I said most. I really didn't include you. At least you make an attempt at intelligent discourse. You don't just answer everything with the typical "baaaaaaahhhh!!!" like the other sheep.

Sorry.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451653 Mar 11, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
There are none.
• Zeitgeist refuted
www.kingdavid8.com/_full_article.php ...
http://archive.org/details/ZeitgeistSpiritOfT ...
<quoted text>
Sure there are.
There are a lot of VB characters on the playing field.
Get off the sidelines.
You gotta play to win.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451654 Mar 11, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Guy Stomper but 'tis is true.
El & Yhwh ain't the same.
El can be traced back to the Sumerian/Canaanite religion while YHWY can be traced back to the local deity of the Midianites (Mose's wife)

Two different deities, cultures and religions.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451655 Mar 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked him
I liked Keith Green
I liked Rich Mullens
I liked Jesus, even thought I never met any of them personally
They're all dead now.
Life goes on.
LOL on 'life goes on'.

Reminds me of the movie the UNTOUCHABLES where Al Capone, played by Robert DeNiro, clubs one of his soldiers to death at the dinner table.
What a bloody mess.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#451656 Mar 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me throw this up against the wall and see what sticks:
Y'ever notice that the same people Paul hated before his conversion were also the same folks that he fought against after his conversion?
Even wished that they would castrate themselves for "deceiving" the Galatians.
Yeah, this Paul guy was slick.
He saw an opportunity to mingle in with the Jesus followers to promote to promote his well thought out agenda.
So, instead of clobbering them he tried to blended in.
Knowing that the apostles and Jesus folk were under the Chief Priest persecution, he mustered up some gentiles to join the cult and shake up the CP some.
So he came up with the 'Light & Sound' theory hoping that the >sheep< would fall for it.
And so they did.

Well, at least till the time when Paul realized he was not wanted by the BIG 12.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#451657 Mar 11, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
He saw an opportunity to mingle in with the Jesus followers to promote to promote his well thought out agenda.
Knowing that the apostles and Jesus folk were under the Chief Priest persecution, he mustered up some gentiles to join the cult and shake up the CP some.
So he came up with the 'Light & Sound' theory hoping that the >sheep< would fall for it.
And so they did.
Well, at least till the time when Paul realized he was not wanted by the BIG 12.
I think Paul was gay and compulsive. Perhaps mentally unstable but not slick.
Gut Stomper

Arden, NC

#451658 Mar 11, 2013
X is looking for Hebrews and you are looking for the House of Israel.
The demented duo to the rescue!
Bwahahahaha!
Anti-Christ wrote:
The Bible On Christmas Trees
Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel. Thus said the Lord,“Do not learn the way of the gentiles, and do not be awed by the signs of the heavens, for the gentiles are awed by them. For the prescribed customs of these peoples are worthless, for one cuts a tree from the forest, work for the hands of a craftsman with a cutting tool. They adorn it with silver and gold, they fasten it with nails and hammers so that it does not topple. Do not be afraid of them, for they do no evil, nor is it in them to do any good.”
Jeremiah 10:1-5
I hope that doesn't ruin your Christmas this year!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451659 Mar 11, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
And so they did.
Similar to the way despots abuse(d) communism and democracy.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#451660 Mar 11, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all Jews. Daniel was a prophet of God. Proven true time and again.
• Four Kingdoms of Daniel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_kingdoms_of ...
Christianity comes from OT prophecies about the coming Messiah who is the anointed man or God / Creator on earth.
The main OT prophecy of the coming Messiah is found in Daniel 9:24-27 that tells the exact year then fulfilled only by Jesus.
Paul agrees with all the other NT books and apostles. Paul was accepted by the first Christians who were witnesses same as they were witnesses to the virgin birth and miracles.
Paganism is condemned by God. There's nothing pagan about Christianity. All other religions, including modern Judaism, originated with pagan Babylonian sun worship.
This is the problem when one begins with the belief the first 11 chapters, or more, of Genesis are just allegorical, as God and Creator are synonymous.

You are wrong about everything you said here. From Christmas to Easter, from the halo around Jesus' head to the death and resurrection, everything about Christianity is pagan.

Lesson 1:

I understand the passage alleged to prophecy the virgin birth of Christ is Isaiah 7:41:

The original Hebrew word translated in the Christian bible as "virgin" is "almah" (Gesenius 5959) which means " a girl of marriageable age (puberty)", and can also be used to refer to a married woman. It does NOT mean virgin. The proper Hebrew word for virgin is "betulah" (Gesenius 1330) which is used of a woman that has not known (had sexual intercourse) a man. Isaiah uses this word several times (Isaiah 23:12, 37:22, 47:1, 62:5) so it is obvious he is familiar with it's meaning, but he used "almah" in 7:14. This obviously means he is not referring to a woman that is a virgin.

Further, if you read Isaiah chapter 7 and 8 in context, the prophecy was specifically for King Ahaz who lived some six-hundred years before Christ. The prophecy was fulfilled in chapter 8 when the prophetess bore the child during Ahaz's lifetime.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#451661 Mar 11, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
And so they did.
that is one dumb post

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451662 Mar 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
you think everybody is gay

“"None shall pass"”

There

#451663 Mar 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Based upon his letters, he was very good at religious rhetoric. That makes him 'slick as a greased pig'.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451664 Mar 11, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You may have noticed I said most. I really didn't include you. At least you make an attempt at intelligent discourse. You don't just answer everything with the typical "baaaaaaahhhh!!!" like the other sheep.
Sorry.
you're dumb

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451666 Mar 11, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post!!!!
Keep posting.
he's not gonna date you.. so get your nose outta his @ss

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#451667 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Based upon his letters, he was very good at religious rhetoric. That makes him 'slick as a greased pig'.
that makes me want some ribs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 7 min Jeb Stewart 24,926
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 14 min DENG 39,257
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Anthony MN 685,532
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 59 min Gray Box 1,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 985,597
Sade and Mel Blanc 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr curtjester1 46,285
More from around the web