|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

gos* sip

verb ( gossips, gossiping , gossiped )[ no obj.]
engage in gossip: they would start gossiping about her as soon as she left.

G was here and if I've slighted him in any way I'm sure he will tell me :-)

I'm starting to feel like the thread secretary...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
gos* sip
verb ( gossips, gossiping , gossiped )[ no obj.]
engage in gossip: they would start gossiping about her as soon as she left.
G was here and if I've slighted him in any way I'm sure he will tell me :-)
I'm starting to feel like the thread secretary...
Interesting.

The Christian's definition of gossip is to engage in gossip.

Why that's just brilliant.

Oh my. It might also mean idle talk or rumor, especially about a personal or private affairs of others

Let's see what this Jesus feller had to say:

Matthew 12: 36 -37
"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give an account for every thoughtless word they have uttered, because by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.Ē- Jesus

Good thing Pagan Paul fixed that whole accountability problem, eh?

Thank you again for your participation.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me; Clownie is gay.
Oh dear..is he licensed?

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh dear..is he licensed?
One can get a license for that?

LOL

<grinning & winking gleefully>
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, sharing gossip, which is expressly forbidden by the Bible.
Bible. Ah, the Bible has nothing to do with Christianity, anyway. It's all about the Benjamins.
There's the Disambiguity, BBJ, Huh, we all know and love.

“Which "god"?”

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
The Christian's definition of gossip is to engage in gossip.
Why that's just brilliant.
Oh my. It might also mean idle talk or rumor, especially about a personal or private affairs of others
Let's see what this Jesus feller had to say:
Matthew 12: 36 -37
"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give an account for every thoughtless word they have uttered, because by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.Ē- Jesus
Good thing Pagan Paul fixed that whole accountability problem, eh?
Thank you again for your participation.
Warning Against False Teachers

4 nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies, which promote speculations rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith.

5 The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

6 Certain persons, by swerving from these, have wandered away into vain discussion,

7 desiring to be teachers of the law, without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

8 Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully,

9 understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers,

10 the [removed] immoral, men who [removed], enslavers, liars, perjurers,

and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

11 in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

(Psychic scribes... who knew?)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection feel my rejection.
Dishonesty is your stock and trade and because you are dishonest now and maybe when you were a Christian too, I don't know, am just assuming to fit in cause you're so cool and I want to be one of the cool kids too. Anyhoo, because you lie you assume everyone lies wether they in fact lie or not and you cannot tell the difference. You would not a clue about my stock and trade as I have never posted any such thing, you are defaming me in order to cover up your own insecurities, of course I don't know this as I to not yet possess the gift of mind reading but it's fun to assume don't you think?
:-)
Let me repeat: Calling me a liar without being able to identify the lie makes you a liar.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have totally missed the point of all of the prophets. They ALL said that the greatest sin was not worshiping the God of the Bible as their fathers had been taught to worship Him.

duststorm replies: God said, "This is my beloved Son. Hear thou Him." Right there, that makes you an unbeliever in danger of hellfire.

Liam wrote: Also, the Messiah was to be a MAN born of the line of David...
duststorm replies: The angel said, "Fear not Mary, that which is engendered in you is of the Holy Spirit." The Messiah was born as a human child, and his mother Mary was of the line of David. His earthly father, Joseph, was also from the line of David. He experienced everything that a human experiences, and was tempted likewise in all things, yet never sinned. This is what made him worthy to be the perfect sinless sacrificial Lamb for you and for me.

Liam wrote: and be a king like David, sitting on the throne in Jerusalem and leading his people to a perfect understanding of the Law. Thus, demi-god could not possibly be the Messiah.
duststorm replies: Not so fast. He will come back in the clouds and take up the born-again believers. Then will begin the 7 years of tribulation described in Daniel. Afterwards, He will reign 1,000 years, sitting on the throne in Jerusalem.

Laim quotes: 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

duststorm answers: Jesus said, "Thy sins be forgiven". The Pharisees and great teachers of the law asked, "What gives this man the power to forgive sin? Only God can forgive sin."

Liam writes: No room there for a false god like Jesus.

duststorm replies: You make a classic mistake, and it will cost you eternity in heaven. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life..."

God has forgiven my iniquity, and my sins will he remember no more. He has thrown them into the deepest part of the ocean, and he has removed them from Him as far as the East is from the West.
I deserve that forgiveness because it says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.

“Which "god"?”

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me repeat: Calling me a liar without being able to identify the lie makes you a liar.
I'll repeat also: Calling me a liar and accusing me of not identifying the lie, which I have identified, repeatedly, makes you a liar.

duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Earleens wrote:
Thank you for your honest writing. In a nut shell, I believe I know what happened to you. You were just riding on your parents coat tails and your faith was really never your own.
I believe "If God is Real", he will show you himself and your faith will become your own and no body elses.
Our son experienced rather the same thing and really got his life messed up finding himself, but after drugs, and two marriages and two divorces, he came back to a faith in Jesus and now he very much believes.
God forgives and he will stay after your heart, but if you choose as my son did, to follow after the patterns of this world, you will have scars forever.
Our son has not only come to his own faith in God, he is almost putting Mom and Dad to shame.
Take your time, and ask God if he is real to reveal himself to you. You may not want to ever worship in a Baptist Church again, because it will bring back to you your former feelings. Find a church where you feel led that preaches the Bible.
Just some loving advice from a seventy year old lady who has been down your road with her son.
Again, glad for your honesty because when you return to you faith, it will be real.
God lead and bless you,
Earleens
Dear Earleens, Thank you for writing. It is good to hear from a genuine born-again believer, especially in these latter days, as we see the end approaching. I hope you are able to witness to those around you, snatching even one out of the fire, as in the Book of Jude. Thank you for your prayers. We need them. Sincerely,

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll repeat also: Calling me a liar and accusing me of not identifying the lie, which I have identified, repeatedly, makes you a liar.
You have provide nothing other than hollow claims.

You are a liar.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you mean to judge others...any one...your god-being agrees with you...it's the christian way.
Don't stop now...

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well gosh, dusty.
That's okey dokey with me, I really don't care what you believe. I was just telling you what the book said. Remember, the book?
Rev 21:21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, and each gate was made of a single pearl.
That's either twelve teeny gates or twelve mighty big oysters, eh?
I don't guess you noticed that the city inside these gates descends. Folks don't go up there.
Rev 21:10 He carried me away in the Spirit to a large, high mountain and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven.
Ah, who gives a sh*t what the Bible actually says, huh?
CONGA LINE!!!
Yes, the New Jerusalem will descend.

Right now, at any moment, we born-agains will be taken up, snatched up to meet him in the clouds:
1 Thessalonians 4:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we Christians will be taken up. You will still be here, and you will truly begin to study the Bible in earnest. You will have a second chance during the 7 years to repent and believe. Life just won't go as easily during the tribulation times; but that is your decision to go the hard way. At the end, we will see each other in heaven, if while you are still alive on earth, you humble yourself and recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
dorksan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

babysan wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. Verified. Noted.
Ha! Still a dork.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam wrote:
If Paul DIDN'T claim that Jesus picked him, then where did the claims come from? Obviously, Jesus did not make the claim.

duststorm replies: Look at Acts:9:

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

So we see here that the voice from heaven was Jesus. Jesus chose Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles.

Liam wrote:
Pehaps Acts was written by a companion of Paul, but that still means that the claim had to originate from SOMEWHERE. That much is indisputable logic.

duststorm asks: Who said Paul wrote the Book of Acts?

Liam wrote:
Now, we can discuss the BASIS for those claims. Did Paul have a legitimate encounter with the long dead Jesus? No, of course not for the simple reason that dead Jewish itinerate preachers don't preach after they are dead.

duststorm replies: Not so fast. Before you dismissively say that dead Jewish itinerate preachers don't preach after they are dead, did you not hear that there was an earthquake at the very end of the 3 days in the tomb, the stone was rolled away, his body was not there, he appeared to the 500 witnesses, he taught them again, he ate fish, did not the disciples speak with him, including doubting Thomas?
There was also the matter of his ascending bodily into the heavens as several watched.

Liam wrote: Jesus said some nifty things, but nothing unique.

duststorm asks: Cool--what nifty things did Jesus say?

Liam stated: Events prove that he was not the Messiah of prophecy, and the Bible makes it clear that neither he nor any other human being is the God of the Bible - it is an abomination to make that claim.

duststorm replies: It would be an abomination for a human born of human parents to make that claim. That would be blasphemy. The Pharisees asked, "Is this not the carpenter's son?" They asked "Can any good thing come out of Nazareth?" It is an abomination for any false prophet to claim he is God or even God's man. This is why it is so simple to see that those on this thread who take the name of God in vain in their avatars and names are blaspheming the Lord of Glory, and they should be recognized as devilish.

Liam wrote:
QED, Paul invented the claim that he was "chosen" by Jesus. One of the best explanations that I have heard was that temporal lobe epilepsy can cause religious hallucinations. He may have thought that it was real. Of course, conclusively proving that it was epilepsy is imposible, since his brain has long since rotted away.

So now we have both Paul and John being dismissed by you due to religous hallucinations brought on by physical illness in the former, and by drug-induced hallucinations in the latter.
no lifesan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

babysan wrote:
<quoted text>
You 'digrace' spelling.
Like you spelling 'writing' with two t's?
babysan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And as the entropy increases, the cults rapidly approach Brownian motion.
Huh. That sounded nearly profound.
Laffin.
There is nothing 'rapid' about either entropy or Brownian motion. Get your science from a real source... Like a University.

Advanced STOMP 443.
no lifesan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

babysan wrote:
<quoted text> You're down for some 'stupid' points.
There is an unlimited supply of dorkiness!
babysan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

no lifesan wrote:
<quoted text>Like you spelling 'writing' with two t's?
Blow it, Satchmo!
babysan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the Disambiguity, BBJ, Huh, we all know and love.
And the sockpuppets he rides in on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 424,821 - 424,840 of440,858
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

694 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 680,792
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min RiversideRedneck 217,182
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 11 min An NFL Fan 109,756
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Liam 512,300
Do Albanian men like hispanic/latina women? (Aug '11) 15 min juicy 63
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min who 250,435
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min pusherman_ 596,618
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 1 hr erectnipples69 276
•••
•••
•••