“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#450886 Mar 9, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on, brother. I can dig it.
*peace sign*
Just had a *flashback* to an experience I never had.

It was cool.
duststorm

League City, TX

#450887 Mar 9, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Wiggley says: He uses that line on convicts.
duststorm writes: Convicts are more open to the good news of Jesus. There is nothing like being stripped of everything he has and experiencing the penal system to lay a man low. There is nothing to do all day but read. If they read the Bible, some get saved.

Mr. Wiggley: Believe in the jesus charactor and you'll be saved...no matter what you did or what you do from now on..
duststorm: Praise the Lord, Brother Wiggley, we'll have you preaching the gospel yet. You have just condensed the whole work of Jesus Christ on the cross in one cogent sentence. The truth is the truth. Christ came to not to save the righteous, but to lead sinners to repentance. Come ye weary sinners, it does not matter what you have done or what sins you may commit in the future---they are all covered by the pure precious blood of our Lord.

Mr. Wiggley: Problem is he thinks intelligent non-convicts will buy into it also and he thinks it clears him of his questionable behavior.
duststorm: You are correct that the odds that an American adult who is successful, clean-living, following the laws of God and man, who doesn't partake of the usual vices, will humble himself, recognize his guilt, and trust Christ are very low. This is why Mormons, Muslims, and Jews, are almost immune to the message. They consider themselves to have attained righteousness by their works in this life. Problem is, this life is soon over.

The Borderland of Sol

#450888 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I distinctly recall thinking that Disco might never fade away, and that we were stuck with it.
Bleak times.
hahaa
I loathed it when it was new. Now it's been replaced by hip-hop.
I do not regard this as an improvement.
duststorm

League City, TX

#450889 Mar 9, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
And you christians call us non-christians "hateful."
LMAO!!
It's your hell; you go there.
Oogah,boogah, you will have all eternity in hell to remember those words.
Gut Stomper

Arden, NC

#450890 Mar 9, 2013
unscarred1 wrote:
<quoted text>
While most people in this area would never acknowledge this fact, here is a bit of history for you. Before I begin, I suggest that you get on NETFLIX and Watch the documentaries on there about religion:(1.Zeitgeist the Movie. 2. Religulous w/ Bill Moher etc.) The fact I was referring to is that the Bible that we know today was written by men, just like any other who were supposedly under divine-inspiration. If an all perfect being guided these men who wrote the Bible, why is it that there are two very different Gods in the Old and New Testaments, and why all the multiple contradictions.(i.e.OT: an eye for an eye NT: turn the other cheek, etc.) Another fact that most people aren't aware of or refuse to acknowledge is that the modern King James Version of the Bible and the Catholic Bible are both incomplete, with many of the books missing (see Nag Hammadi Texts, Dead Sea Scrolls).
I first began to question the legitimacy of all religions when I started reading into the history of these matters. After over 8 years of research, I have concluded that mono-theistic (one God) religions that dominate the world today are designed to make the largest part of the population compliant with and accepting of a single leader (i.e an emperor, king, or president) and their government philosophies.
Another strange thing that I've found is that most christians believe that the USA was founded as a Christian nation by Christians. Unfortunately, history says otherwise. Many of the founders (Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and many others) were not Christians privately. George Washington wrote in a private letter that (paraphrasing)'Christianity is good for the army and poor people' because it gives hope to the poor and helps army men be less afraid of death.' Washington also didn't enjoy attending church and spent most Sundays at his home drinking alcohol and even complained when 'forced' to go to church. Jefferson had a somewhat different view, he believed in God, but not Jesus as the son of God. Using a razor blade, he removed all references of miracles from his copy of the Bible.
The fact is, monotheistic religions are designed as a means of controlling the populace. Another issue most people who claim one of the Big 3 (Christianity, Islam, Judaism) is the horrific acts of intolerance and violence against members of other religions, especially each other. Again, all that is needed is a knowledge of history to understand what I'm talking about. In fact, the rise of Christianity led to one of the most ignorant periods of intellectual decline in recorded history: The Dark Ages / Inquisition. Even today, many people do crazy things in the name of God.
That is not to say that all Christians, Muslims or Jews are bad. In fact many of them are decent and caring people. Most all of my family is Christian. However, religion requires two things from its followers that I cannot abide. 1. Faith- asking someone to blindly believe whole-heartedly in divine entities without any type of proof other than a 'feeling'. 2. Not question anything that is considered dogmatic. This just doesn't work for me. it never has. I knew from early in my childhood that religion was not for me. I was often forced to go to church when I didn't want to go. I admit, I went sometimes because I wanted to, but only because I was searching for something that turned out not to be there. I too was told I should feel a great change in me after accepting Jesus. I've probably asked to be saved at least 100 times, never once feeling any change nor noticing any difference in my daily life.
It feels good to know that people are still talking to Dearth from beyond the grave.
I do miss his weak and meaningless answers.
Gut Stomper

Arden, NC

#450891 Mar 9, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I rather enjoy drawing him out. His responses reveal the worst of christianity and are good reminders of what a failing religion is.
We enjoy drawing you out.
Your responses reveal the worst of this thread and remind us daily of why it's doomed to failure.
duststorm

League City, TX

#450892 Mar 9, 2013
unscarred1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a little overbearing judgement call. They are lies and fallacies because you disagree with him. I have read Strobel along with many others and not everything they say is so easy to brush off as incorrect.
Unscarred1, welcome to the thread. Walking in Paradise has given up the ghost, as has Dearth of Couth, we are told. They are dropping like flies off of here. I hope you are born again so that when the inevitable befalls you, you will go to heaven
duststorm

League City, TX

#450893 Mar 9, 2013
Poor Micah also has slipped off the pages of WINLAC thread.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#450894 Mar 9, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, yes, the Born Again origin, fathered by Watergate convict Chuck Colson. These people think it stretches back to Mary's vajayjay, py vey.
what a disgusting human

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#450895 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Um... Everyone in topix is bat$$hit crazy and has questionable behaviour... ;)
its fun! sometimes I pull down my pants and run...

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#450896 Mar 9, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text> We enjoy drawing you out.
Your responses reveal the worst of this thread and remind us daily of why it's doomed to failure.
That comment coming from a christian, I consider that a compliment. Thank You.
Ironic that you would mention the failure of this thread as it has been shown you have been shown to be one of the most frequent posters here each day. Thank you again for helping keep this thread alive and healthy.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#450897 Mar 9, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Rrrrrrrreallyyyyyyyy??
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Show us some more examples of your christly “love and compassion,” clownie.
Clownie goes over to Kaitlin's house... Kaitlin comes out with a big ol gun.. and sez don't move Clownie or I will blow a hole in @$$ as large as the Grand Canyon, Clownie freezes in his tracks!!!! Kaitlin circles the Clown, like a jungle cat on the hunt! then slowly walks up and peeks down in ol Clownie's trousers! then breaks out in song & dance singing thats the way un-huh un-huh I like it un-huh...

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#450898 Mar 9, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its fun! sometimes I pull down my pants and run...
Not whilst at the Racetrack I hope...you wouldn't want to be the cause of the Big One...haha.
Boogidy, boogidy, boogidy!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#450899 Mar 9, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Ya shouldn't do that! No one kin tell if yer com'n 'er goin.

The Borderland of Sol

#450901 Mar 9, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
That comment coming from a christian, I consider that a compliment. Thank You.
Ironic that you would mention the failure of this thread as it has been shown you have been shown to be one of the most frequent posters here each day. Thank you again for helping keep this thread alive and healthy.
Yeah, well, that's just another manifestation of the Fundie's endless wail: "The End Is Near!".

Or "The Sky Is Falling!"

Or "The Cherokees Is Escaped From Fort Mudge!"

Or something like that.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#450902 Mar 9, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
LMAO!

I thought I was the only one who did that... RFLMAO
duststorm

League City, TX

#450903 Mar 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Then where are these records? I have done a lot of Ancient Egypt studies and nowhere does it mention some magician, especially none named Jesus.
Have you ever heard of Mt. Sinai, aka Mt. Horeb in Egypt? 3 Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father in law, the priest of Midian: and he led the flock to the backside of the desert, and came to the mountain of God, even to Horeb.
2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.
4 God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses.
5 put off thy shoes from off thy feet, for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.
6 I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
7 And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters
8 And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians

Kitten, in the Bible, the angel of the Lord is considered by scholars to be the manifestation of Jesus Christ himself.
WINLAC addict

United States

#450904 Mar 9, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text> We enjoy drawing you out.
Your doom prophecy seems as promising as the Second Coming. Hell, you can't even tear YOURSELF away, Queen Thread Dork!
babysan

United States

#450905 Mar 9, 2013
My 24 hour dorkiness extends into the weekends! Someone help with my thread addiction!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#450906 Mar 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya shouldn't do that! No one kin tell if yer com'n 'er goin.
LOL @ U 4!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hukt on Fonix 985,606
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Elerby 25,488
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 19 min Sojouner Truth 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Robert F 685,651
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 1 hr libtard 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 hr Jake999 46,287
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 12 hr Ricky F 1,832
More from around the web