high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449855 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not your enemy, seriously:)
I never thought of you as one.
Is this statement that you made due to your insecurity?
Huh

Fort Worth, TX

#449856 Mar 6, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine. It's true. Equality for all as God is taken nearly totally out of our Gov., schools, and laws.
Wrong on so many levels as to be meta and fractally wrong. You know nothing of the history of this country. Our laws were never based on anything from the Bible. They were based on the Magna Carta, British Common Law, and Enlightenment principles. If you quote the Declaration of Independence as some sort of salvo, you will have proven your ignorance. The Declaration is not codified law, the Constitution is. Read chapter six, paragraph 3 of the Constitutional and get back to me.

Children are allowed to pray in school today, the prayer can not be led by the school. You lament that it is your version of a god that is not forced down the throats of those unwilling to hear the message. There are 40,000 sects of Christianity alone. In our Colonies those that came here to escape religious persecution, FROM OTHER CHRISTIANS, were subject to and actors in that continued persecution against other Christians. Baptists and Quakers were murdered by Puritans and Anglicans, et al. Which brand of Christianity do you purport should be fronted? The Founders knew the folly of your position and crafted the First Amendment, which is the only reason Christianity flourishes here while foundering in the rest of the First World.

Besides, how can you take an omnipresent out of something. Once again, you dismiss your god to what is inside your head.
<quoted text>As the melting pot of the world, all must be accepted which eliminates how our country was first founded.
Well, no, but an argument could be made that only monied gentry were considered for power. These shores have always been a melting pot, after we committed genocide on the natives, of course.
<quoted text> What were once minorities now have double the rights as the majority
So, you are not just a Christian bastard, but a racist Christian bastard. This statement is so wrong and so ugly it proves your faith is a disgusting look into your psyche. I won the genetic lottery. I am a white woman born in a First World country living in America. Would I trade places with a black woman in Detroit so I could double my rights? You're just plain nuts.

Besides, the Tyranny of the Majority is what the Constitution of the United States protects against. Why do you hate America..
<quoted text> Yet, all in all the underdog, or the meek and humble, are still trodden upon
This is a direct betrayal of your last statement. That's just weird..
<quoted text> It will never be close to right again as the Bible prophesies.
Because the Bible is full of Shiite. When was the country right? When blacks were slaves? When women didn't have the right to vote? When children were forced to work midnight shifts? When men worked for the company, lived in corporate housing, and had to spend their remaining pay at the company store? When 146 died, locked into the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory, unable to escape the fire. These were women and children? Shall we return to those fine Christian days? Leave it to Beaver was fiction, nitwit. The protections you now enjoy, which you clowns are so willing to give up to your masters, were spearheaded by Liberals and Atheists. See Ingersoll.
<quoted text> Good succumbs to evil and evil defeats good.
Not much of a god you have there, then. Even Bruce Willis defeats evil and his career is over.
<quoted text> It is blatantly obvious, and not just in our country.
It's blatantly obvious to your confirmation bias. That makes you insane.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#449857 Mar 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
except for the pagan part, brunette, 32-24-34(?) 5-6, 120lbs, landing strip....is EXACTLY my type;)
<quoted text>
And a self-delusional one at that. He created his own stats for me.
aww c'mon, i know i was close. 34-24-32? did i just transpose a cpl #'s?:)
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449858 Mar 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe El is still mad because one of YHWH's divine beings stopped the sacrifice of Isaac.
Gods do love a good barbecue.
LOL
It's probably due to that 'ol' time religion' thing, Yahwism vs. Elism.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#449859 Mar 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep on believin that, Lioness (sp)?
But eventually, you're gonna have to let that blanket go.
<quoted text>
You mean, false security.
<quoted text>
Yes, you are. You are a spiritual predator.
how is my trying to encourage people of eternal & abundant life rather than hopelesness & eternal extinction being a "spiritual predator"?:)
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449860 Mar 6, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You cling to the law, yet you break it every day. Of all people, you should be grateful and grab onto the grace and mercy offered to the poor sinner man.
Whew!
Well thank goodness this doesn't pertain to women.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449861 Mar 6, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Merely by virtue of the fact that you pretend that here is a "new" covenant is proof that you change the Bible. When Jeremiah spoke of a "new" covenant, he was clear that it was the same old Covenant that the God of the Bible made with Moses, only once the Messiah came, it would be scribed upon men's hearts so that none need ever study it , but all would know it perfectly.
Awesome.
Sam

Somerset, KY

#449862 Mar 6, 2013
Give Tkach another BJ God!!!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#449863 Mar 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>The Janitor found that ye Ol Clownie, to be a Jesus, man and the rest of yall to be chumps and evil...Now you know the rest of the story
This post fairly well explains why there is very little civil discussion here.

Clownie...your faith teaches you that I am your enemy...that I am wicked...that I will burn in a lake of fire...that I am no better than dog vomit. You believe these things about me without even getting to know me. You prejudge me beforehand based on that I believe differently than you.

You have been taught that because of those different beliefs that I must be against you. You call me liar...antichrist...evil...stu pid...all based on what your faith has taught you. How can anyone have a civil conversation with anyone that feels that way?

Why should Janitor think that I am evil? that I am a chump? I don't recall ever having being rude or unkind to her. I have exchanged very few posts with her and have not been prolific in posting here since her arrival. The only way (IMO) that she could feel this way about me is that her faith has taught her this...before she even knows me.

I don't know clownie...but if that is the way you and others feel...I just don't see much hope for meaningful discussion...do you???
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449864 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Jeremiah had yet to know the Christ and see Him atone for our sins. Duh. Wrong, the Old Covenant was ONLY for the Jews. Salvation is for spiritual Jews, not physical ones.
There is no such thing as a spiritual jew.
Prior to the Babylonian exile, the afterlife was not a part of their belief system.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449865 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text> Just as Christ only spiritually was born to man as He already existed as God eternally.
So did many other gods.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449866 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text> Alpha and Omega.
Why would a Hebrew quote Greek to other Hebrews?
Has the Hebrew language become extinct by the 1st century AD?
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449867 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Nowadays. Yes, as a matter of fact. Do you live under a rock? Or are you pretending you don't know what goes on around you?
Can you elaborate on the arrival of your conclusion?
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449868 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I do like your President btw :-)
So do I.
I especially like his drone policy.
:)
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449869 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for all but to me the mystery is what it doesn't say. I never disagree with the Bible, it's the Holy Word of God.
The Most High knows better than you and you and you and I :-)
Wait for it...
Yes, and christians have been waiting for almost 2 millenia.
Here's the mystery...they've been duped.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449870 Mar 6, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the gates will each be made of a pearl. I would not be surprised if they were giant-sized pearls.
You mean that there are oysters in heaven?
:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#449871 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i do - it had something to do with ancient jewish vows; sampson, for instance, had a nazerite vow as did john the baptist. how does this pertain to you, are you under ancient jewish law or something?
In other words, you don't know what a Nazarite is.
You are a coward for not admiting that and a liar for saying you do.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#449872 Mar 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
For myself I think instead of Dr. Seuss...that verse from the Gospel of Thomas reminds me of these verses...
Luke 17:20-21
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
There is a theological study here...
http://theologicalstudies.org/blog/436-luke-1...
that it is the authors opinion that "within you" should have been translated "in your midst"...as the NAS translates it.
I haven't read the whole commentary...only skimmed...
I believe that I remember you being a KJV reader...it is translated "within you". Since Luke 17:20-21 is so similar to GoThomas 3...why would you think one sounds like Dr. Suess and not the other? How would you compare the two as far as meaning goes...are they similar...or totally different in their message?
Considering that Janitor wrote that the Gospel of Thomas was written in 1945, one can assume he is either ignorant of the facts, a blatant liar or completely insane. Based on his new affiliation with Clownie, I am putting my money on completely insane.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#449873 Mar 6, 2013
<quoted text>
There is no Gospel of Thomas in God's Word.
Of course there isn't.
The Council of Nicea made sure of that.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#449874 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how is my trying to encourage people of eternal & abundant life rather than hopelesness & eternal extinction being a "spiritual predator"?:)
That is the opposite of Christianity.

You don't do that. You are a "spiritual predator".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min It aint necessari... 836,934
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min USA Born 589,280
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 8 min Philly JD 5
News Baltimore riot police stirring up the heat 25 min emperorjohn 17
Women Drivers (Apr '08) 48 min Okdokkee 20
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Mike duckit 99,726
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr waaasssuuup 4,060
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 176,746
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Porkpie Hat 271,244
More from around the web