Why I’m no longer a Christian

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#450219 Mar 7, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Earleens, Thank you for writing. It is good to hear from a genuine born-again believer, especially in these latter days, as we see the end approaching. I hope you are able to witness to those around you, snatching even one out of the fire, as in the Book of Jude. Thank you for your prayers. We need them. Sincerely,
Until the christian faith finally fades into obscurity, believers will see the end approaching. Paul claimed that it would happen within his lifetime, Jesus claimed that it would happen within the lifetime of some of the folks in his audience, Harold Camping said that it would happen last year...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#450220 Mar 7, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, the New Jerusalem will descend.
Right now, at any moment, we born-agains will be taken up, snatched up to meet him in the clouds:
1 Thessalonians 4:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we Christians will be taken up. You will still be here, and you will truly begin to study the Bible in earnest. You will have a second chance during the 7 years to repent and believe. Life just won't go as easily during the tribulation times; but that is your decision to go the hard way. At the end, we will see each other in heaven, if while you are still alive on earth, you humble yourself and recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
Thank you for showing how much your dispensational beliefs differ from what the Bible actually says, proving once again, that you don't actually believe what the book says either.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#450221 Mar 7, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
...Mary's line is irrelevant. Lines of descent are ONLY traced through the male line....
Nope. In Judaism you are Jew by birth only if your mother is a Jew. It may indicate a matriarchal culture of the nomadic proto-Hebrews.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#450222 Mar 7, 2013
Bring on the crazy
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is a Saint. You're just jealous of his Sainthoodliness. I'm going to pray to Paul for your forgiveness right now :p

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#450223 Mar 7, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a reason God chose what He wished to be in our Bible, such as the KJV
LOL *snort*

Welcome to the Grand Delusion

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#450224 Mar 7, 2013
From Paul the apostate Jew
<quoted text>
Of course there is.
Rom. 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
2:29 But he is a Jew - That is, one of God's people. Who is one inwardly - In the secret recesses of his soul. And the acceptable circumcision is that of the heart - Referring to Deut 30:6; the putting away all inward impurity. This is seated in the spirit, the inmost soul, renewed by the Spirit of God. And not in the letter - Not in the external ceremony. Whose praise is not from men, but from God - The only searcher of the heart.- Wesley's Notes
Gal. 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
All one in Christ Jesus. One person, as it were, one new man of which Christ is the head (Eph 2:15). All, without regard to race, blended into one whole.- People's NT
Is that funny, or what?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#450225 Mar 7, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the christian faith finally fades into obscurity, believers will see the end approaching. Paul claimed that it would happen within his lifetime, Jesus claimed that it would happen within the lifetime of some of the folks in his audience, Harold Camping said that it would happen last year...
I only looked into Harold Camping a couple of days ago, never heard of him before. Wasn't he taking advantage of the misinterpreted Mayan prophesy? Or something like that?

I'm very sorry for being so rude to you.

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#450226 Mar 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Bring on the crazy
<quoted text>
Oh oh, that could bring out some of them thar demons-beings again...
Careful lest ye be demonized...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#450227 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
This phrase "ALPHA AND OMEGA" is used four times in the Bible and all four are found in the book of Revelation. That's why.
In other words, you really have no idea how to answer the question.

Location hidden

#450228 Mar 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Is this an admission of guilt?
<quoted text>
Yeah ok, I give up. I'm sorry for being such a liar.

Location hidden

#450229 Mar 7, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. In Judaism you are Jew by birth only if your mother is a Jew. It may indicate a matriarchal culture of the nomadic proto-Hebrews.
I read it was a legal thing as well, through Joseph...estates and stuff...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#450230 Mar 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Because is is gnostic literature and the source unknown.
You’ve proabably heard of the “Gospel of Thomas”—mentions of it surface periodically in the news, often accompanied by sensational taglines like “Lost Gospel unearthed!” Everyone loves a good controversy, and what could be more controversial than a censored book, lost to the ravages of time, being rediscovered thousands of years later?
Such is the aura of intrigue around the Gospel of Thomas. So what is the Gospel of Thomas, and does it truly deserve a place alongside the four canonical Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John)?
The Gospel of Thomas is so named because of its opening line:“These are the secret words which the living Jesus spoke, and which Didymus Judas Thomas wrote down”(Blatz’s translation).(The true identity of the author is the subject of scholarly debate.) The Gospel of Thomas was discovered among a cache of other texts near Nag Hammadi, Egypt in 1945. Scholars generally place its origin sometime between the 1st and late 2nd centuries.
The Gospel of Thomas is considered to be an example of gnostic literature, a body of religious writing characterized by a rejection of the flesh and the material world in favor of a focus on the spirit. Although gnosticism’s emphasis on the spiritual faintly echoes Christianity’s condemnation of worldliness and carnal living, gnosticism’s rejection of the physical world goes far beyond Christianity’s teachings.
http://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2011/06/does...
In other words, once again, you have no idea how to answer, so you copy/paste something from a Christian apologetics source that you don't even understand

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#450231 Mar 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
He does claim to know what his god-being thinks and says...
Last I checked those "voices in the head" were of a problem not a god-being.
Hopefully he/she won't hurt anyone whilst those religious visions are happening.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#450232 Mar 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
john the baptist was beheaded by evil pagans ...
LOL *snort*

You really have no idea what your own Bible says, do you?

JtB was beheaded by a Jew, dumbass.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#450233 Mar 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
but but what if i need your help?
You're screwed.

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#450234 Mar 7, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I only looked into Harold Camping a couple of days ago, never heard of him before. Wasn't he taking advantage of the misinterpreted Mayan prophesy? Or something like that?
Actually no. The coincedence of timing was close but there was no corellation between the two. He based his false prediction on some calculations that were wrong twice before but this time he was sure he was correct.
The Mayan calendar in no way predicted the end of the world. That was a false intrepretation used by scammers to sell end of the world products...and they cleaned up just like Camping did.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#450235 Mar 7, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
Do you think your life is complete confusion ?

Location hidden

#450236 Mar 7, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no. The coincedence of timing was close but there was no corellation between the two. He based his false prediction on some calculations that were wrong twice before but this time he was sure he was correct.
The Mayan calendar in no way predicted the end of the world. That was a false intrepretation used by scammers to sell end of the world products...and they cleaned up just like Camping did.
Ok, cheers. Yeah the Mayan prophecy was to bring on the New Age wasn't it?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#450237 Mar 7, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Camping was/is a creationist that had, by way of biblical scripture and a "method" of determining certain dates and adding them up, had decided he knew when the rapture/apocalypse/tribulation was to begin. He had a few dates that he had "foretold", before finally hung it up. His radio/media ministry was valued in the millions, still is I imagine(no refunds).

It..uh, was hogwash.

But, you know.

Some people believe that stuff.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#450238 Mar 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
i disagree, but thanks for your input.

you're not being offensive and self-righteous to me, how???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Nothingfromnothing 982,250
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Aerobatty 123,504
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min NotSoDivineMsM 7,359
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 38 min Timbra 169
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Anthony MN 681,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 619,457
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 2 hr gimme 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 hr onemale 286,526
More from around the web