|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey no problem, after all that is what topix is for.
I noticed you got reinforcements, for 3 lil' girls? That's a bit sad. But funny as well.
Prayer Thoughts (1)
1 Ki 21-22, Matt 20:1-16, Ps 66:13-20, Pr 6:23-25
'...Every morning, I tell you what I need, and I wait for your answer.' Psalm 5:3
It takes time, but eventually sheep grow familiar with the voice of their shepherd and learn to trust him for everything they need. So how can you become equally familiar with the voice of God? Here are a few ideas:(1) Give God your waking thoughts. With your head on your pillow and your eyes still closed, offer God the first seconds of your day. Say,'Thank you for a night's rest. Today I belong to you.' CS Lewis wrote:'The moment you wake up each morning... all your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals. And the first job each morning consists in shoving them all back; in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other, larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in.'(2) Give God your waiting thoughts. The mature married couple has learnt the treasure of shared silence; they don't need to fill the air with constant chatter. Just being together is sufficient. Try being silent with God.'Be still, and know that I am God...'(Psalm 46:10) Awareness of God is the result of stillness before God. Jesus prayed,'That [they] may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You. May they also be in Us so that the world may believe...'(John 17:21) When are you most deeply aware of Christ's presence 'in you' as He promised? To what degree have you consciously invited Him to be more and more at home in your heart? How has your practice of intimacy with God developed in the last few years?
The Word for Today
I think this is just what I needed personally, a reminder not to get embroiled in the hate of the world but to remember Who Is in my heart. I love to spend quiet time with God. This practice has developed quite slowly over the last few years but now I don't have to be still for long, I just have to remember to be still more often.
Blessings <3
There is nothing flattering about being called a sheep. They are notoriously stupid creatures. Apparently Jesus insulted his own followers and they were too dumb to understand it was an insult because they proudly wear that badge.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Making fun of good christian folks on a computer is all you have, isn't it? You're not fit to do much else than live the life of a basement dwelling, can't-cut, no load, knuckle dragging, cry baby who will never know what being a real man is. I can do this all day, just by pointing out the truth of your pathetic existence, but I have things to do, unlike you. Hope your day gets better, I know mine sure as hell just did!
Bro. Clownie
LOL... you are way funnier than the town drunk Clownie, and you don't need a sock of yourself to tell you that :-)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin''bout! That was truly funny sh*t!! You get the gold star for today.
Hey T-Town? You writing all this down? If you pay attention, one day you will be half as funny.
Just give up, Bro. Clownie is making a fool out of ya. LOL
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know where I can get some of that sh*t Paul was smokin'? I want to hear the voice of the god too!! I want to ask him why he has such lame, ill prepared followers. I can just hear that conversation:
AC: God, why are your Christian followers so lame and ill prepared?
God: What the hell is a Christian?
You were right, Acts 20-24 is of utmost importance.P
Paul:
1 Men, brethren, and fathers, hear ye my defence which I make now unto you.
2 (And when they heard that he spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence:
3 I am verily a man which am a Jew,...and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
4 And I persecuted this way unto the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women.
5 ...and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished.
6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.
7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.
9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.

Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

T-Town clown makes children happy and adults as well.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>It's very simple. Did the Acts author say he took the vow, or not?
But that's not good enough. You demand to see the full spectacle. OK.
Let's leave behind that you ignore the words as written and demand to see the "full documentation" before you believe, demonstrating you yourself don't believe the parts of the Bible that you can't fit into your self-made conception of it's message. You take the same position as Thomas, who was chastised for demanding "proof".
More importantly, do you even see how two-faced Paul is in his methods, CONFIRMED by your ill-chosen attempt at rebuttal? Is God's Word so weak that it relies upon the subterfuge and machinations of man? According to Paul it does.
18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now THAT'S what I'm talkin''bout! That was truly funny sh*t!! You get the gold star for today.
Hey T-Town? You writing all this down? If you pay attention, one day you will be half as funny.
Poor dumb atheist, lean over and tell the guy in the white coat and pants that's sitting next to you, to release you from your straightjacket. Tell him, it's an emergency, that Bro. Clownie needs to talk to you! NOW GET ON THEM KNEES AND BEG FOR JESUS TO FORGIVE YO SORRY SOUL!!!! YA HEAR
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Paul had a vow. It does not say "The Vow".
Are you going to bet your eternity in either heaven or hell on the fact that Paul shaved his head as a result of a vow?

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
T-town Clown, you are strong in the power of his might. For the Lord has not given you the spirit of fear, but of love, and of mercy.
ROFLMAO

Please talk to your doctor about Haldol.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me, which bible version was translated from these texts, and how do they differ from the current versions?
P.S. A version made in the fourth century would not be an original. And since it was written in Greek, it could not have been written by the apostles.
Ever hear of scribes?

“Which "god"?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing flattering about being called a sheep. They are notoriously stupid creatures. Apparently Jesus insulted his own followers and they were too dumb to understand it was an insult because they proudly wear that badge.
Sucks to be a goat huh?

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, yes, they did. I can't believe the lengths the deluded will go to lie and obfuscate for their delusion.
No, they didn't. What came first, the chicken or the egg? It sure was Catholicism. The dating isn't even close. Omelet?

“Which "god"?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Sure, there's no God and the Bible is a lie... LOL

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/...

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this sound like a man afraid to go to Jerusalem?:
Acts 20:22
22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.
You missed the point of the story. Try again.

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 26
King James Version (KJV)
26 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself.
5 Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.
7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?
28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
31 And when they were gone aside, they talked between themselves, saying, This man doeth nothing worthy of death or of bonds.
32 Then said Agrippa unto Festus, This man might have been set at liberty, if he had not appealed unto Caesar.
Strike two!
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>I've been hearing this stuff since I was old enough to hear. I was raised in a Christian household and lived as a Christian for the majority of my adult life. You're not telling me anything I couldn't regurgitate same as you. What I'm saying is that upon examination the whole thing appears a sham, and the God of the Bible the ultimate huckster >on a good day<.
The fact that you can't bring yourself to even respond to the difficulties of the Bible myth, but rather go into auto-trance with the Biblical Talking Points Memo, speak volumes about your ability to engage honestly with your own beliefs. That's ok, I understand, fear is a powerful thing, and the Bible plays the fear card in spades.
Helluva way to live your life tho'. Literally....
I see nowhere in your post that:
Jesus saved me when I was __ years old.
I believed in Jesus for salvation at the age of ___.
When I was ___ of age, an evangelist spoke of the fire that is never quenched, and I believed.
I was fortunate that my parents were born again Christians, and they led me to the Lord when I was ___.
I was at church camp at age __, and I invited Jesus into my heart.
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

@T-Town Clown

Hi bro.How about to bring T-Town Clown gums on the marketafter the German model,when Hitler was in office.
You know like the german Haribo gummi bears in different tastes and different colours but with your picture on it.That would be sweet. I would be one of the first here in europe who would buy it.
Adam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

@T-Town Clown

Hi bro.How about to bring T-Town Clown gums on the market after the German model,when Hitler was in office.
You know like the german Haribo gummi bears in different tastes and different colours but with your picture on it.That would be sweet. I would be one of the first here in europe who would buy it.

I can see the slogan

T-Town clown makes children happy and adults as well.

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans arrived at a conclusion that 1+1=2.
Would that be fallable or would that be a fact?
Because we are fallible does not mean that we are never correct or fallible. It means we err, and many are too arrogant to admit to that.
duststorm

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
Please talk to your doctor about Haldol.
You take the name of the Lord in vain day after day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 423,941 - 423,960 of440,800
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

563 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Dr Shrink 596,482
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Toby 89,489
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min number four 216,632
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 511,916
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Zioni 109,496
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min andet1987 3,314
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min pusherman_ 679,723
•••
•••
•••