Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#449929 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational skeptics also don't resort to childish name calling, I like rational skeptics.
no derogatory name applied to a religious pretender, would be childish

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#449931 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to have a meaningful discussion with you. Your post reads just like the the way I felt when I came in here and you used your particular passive aggressive insults on me, knowing nothing more about me than a label. I tried many times to engage you, kindly, because I saw someone who is hurt and bitter but sweet underneath, only to have you figuratively spit in my face. I hold no ill will towards you at all, I just hope that even you can learn something from your own hypocrisy.
So you calling me a liar...twisting posts that had nothing to do with you...not holding ill will JL? Disagreeing with someone is not attacking nor spitting in their face.

This is an opinion/discussion forum...both sides as far as I am concerned can be represented...if not...what would there be to discuss.

We won't agree on all aspects...maybe we will in a few. Your posts have not always been so kind either JL...I won't call you a hypocrite though...it is just how you see it.

The post that I wrote to clownie was more in general...your Bible does teach all those things that I mentioned. What I had hoped would happen is that someone would rationally discuss those issues. What I got back instead was...I am a hypocrite.

Okay JL...we can continue to snipe at each other or...we can both lay down the gauntlet and carry on from there. It would still not mean that we would agree but maybe we can at least try to understand why each of us feels they way that they do.

Or...

We can all just keep calling each other names...

LOL

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#449932 Mar 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to the pic in your avatar ? It looks a little chopped up.
Just this camera toy on my pc... I liked the effect.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#449933 Mar 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you jealous of Annie ? I swear I never touched her, we're just friends. < sneaks Annie out the window >
LOL
NOT TRUE!!!

PS...Could you please remove that nail from the window sill...ripped my nightie all to pieces! I got picked up for indecent exposure...thrown in jail all because of a dang nail!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#449934 Mar 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>A meaningful discussion with non believing,lying,knucklehead,cr y baby,whiners,evil,bible hating, Jesus mocking,chumps,!!!!! NAW THATS IMPOSSIBLE
Yours Truly
Bro. Clownie Defender of the faith, and all round good guy...
This is an example of what I wrote about in that post.

Clownie...I said nothing rude to you...nor did I call you names. I posted my thoughts and what I get back is more name calling.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#449935 Mar 6, 2013
I guess a menage a trois is out of the question.

LOL

Location hidden

#449936 Mar 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you calling me a liar...twisting posts that had nothing to do with you...not holding ill will JL? Disagreeing with someone is not attacking nor spitting in their face.
This is an opinion/discussion forum...both sides as far as I am concerned can be represented...if not...what would there be to discuss.
We won't agree on all aspects...maybe we will in a few. Your posts have not always been so kind either JL...I won't call you a hypocrite though...it is just how you see it.
The post that I wrote to clownie was more in general...your Bible does teach all those things that I mentioned. What I had hoped would happen is that someone would rationally discuss those issues. What I got back instead was...I am a hypocrite.
Okay JL...we can continue to snipe at each other or...we can both lay down the gauntlet and carry on from there. It would still not mean that we would agree but maybe we can at least try to understand why each of us feels they way that they do.
Or...
We can all just keep calling each other names...
LOL
Well, I'd like to lay down the gauntlet to be honest, I don't enjoy fighting with you, I think we both get carried away and misunderstand each other....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#449937 Mar 6, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT TRUE!!!
PS...Could you please remove that nail from the window sill...ripped my nightie all to pieces! I got picked up for indecent exposure...thrown in jail all because of a dang nail!
LOL

Location hidden

#449938 Mar 6, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I guess a menage a trois is out of the question.
LOL
Not at all dearest... you may go outside and sleep with the dogs <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#449939 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all dearest... you may go outside and sleep with the dogs <smile>
ROFLMAO

That is the best line all day !!!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#449940 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
With all those words you write calling me a liar with no proof you prove that you are the liar here. I don't need to do anything you big liar.
You just ain't paying attention, Christian.

YOU have proved that you are a liar. Topix has documented the experience. Several have pointed out your dishonesty. Your squirming does nothing but shine a light at this point.

Your battle is with your pride.

We are the audience.

For that, we thank you.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#449941 Mar 6, 2013

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#449942 Mar 6, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amusing to see how one thinks that they are fully clothed when in reality they're bare naked.
I think you catch the drift here.
No need for your anticipated perverted remark.
cpl things:

1 - if we're still talking about security/eternal confidence; how does my trusting in God's Christ equate to nakedness as opposed to an atheist being clothed?

2 - if you want to be self-righteous by considering me a 'pervert' for being human and consequently humorous (at least to me) while debating from a pro-God position, go ahead and do so, but at the expense of hardening your own conscience

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#449943 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..
The description of your wife is lovely and not a delusion.
Your dog would be better than mine as mine is dead.
I'll take your word on the toy.
Are these trick questions?
I want to know what you believe, your faith, religion, spiritual practice, non religion is?
Again, you're not paying attention.

You brought up and maligned me about my delusions.

I am asking you which delusions. I am asking you to be specific.

Or were you just talking out of your asp?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#449944 Mar 6, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
I never thought of you as one.
Is this statement that you made due to your insecurity?
no it isn't. if we're cool, we're cool. no harm, no foul?:)
Huh

Plano, TX

#449945 Mar 6, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Tis' better to follow a Clown than the town drunk.
This is from the holier than thou Loosey Jew who claims she never lies nor does she mischaracterize anyone or consider herself better than them. Yes, you didn't post this directly to me as some strange "gotcha" moment, but, all it does is prove your vapid vacuity and passive aggressiveness for Jesus. As I have stated, I do not drink. That you perpetuate this lie and judging, without evidence, says volumes about you. Let's contrast that statement with many of your greatest hits, shall we?
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never labeled her and that post was the first time I even mentioned it. Get a grip, you don't even know what you're talking about.....You're so full of it you may as well be a troll. I've also never claimed to be better than anyone, quit projecting your behaviour onto me, it's getting boring.
"Town drunk" without evidence and comparing it negatively to a clown is labeling.
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as soon as you do. No amount of repetitive abuse will ever change that :-)
How many times have you accused me of drinking without evidence? I don't drink. Your childish attempt at deflection is telling. Nor is there evidence of alcohol in my proper syntax and impreccable grammar and spelling.
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational skeptics also don't resort to childish name calling, I like rational skeptics.
Yet you are not against name calling.

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'd like to lay down the gauntlet to be honest, I don't enjoy fighting with you, I think we both get carried away and misunderstand each other....
All your behavior betrays that. Besides, there is no such thing as laying down the gauntlet. There is taking up or throwing down the gauntlet, which is accepting or offering a challenge. There is no such phrase of capitulation. You betray your abilities here. What's next, a misuse of "begs the question"? Sheez.

This is the best advice you could give yourself:
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to have a meaningful discussion with you. Your post reads just like the the way I felt when I came in here and you used your particular passive aggressive insults on me, knowing nothing more about me than a label. I tried many times to engage you, kindly, because I saw someone who is hurt and bitter but sweet underneath, only to have you figuratively spit in my face. I hold no ill will towards you at all, I just hope that even you can learn something from your own hypocrisy.
Or, you can continue to lie and mischaracterize me. That would be better, actually, as to watch you pretend you are above the fray while slinking like a snake below it is quite illustrative of Topix Christian behavior and quite illuminating for the casual reader. I await your ridiculous, stilted, deflective, passive-aggressive reply full of lies and slander.

You stated earlier, "The title of a thread means nothing" in response to my statement that you entered the room with the title above and seem shocked!, shocked I tell you, to find people non-receptive to your god concepts and conceits. In this regard, the title is very important. There is actually a thread where you will encounter even more vociferous resistance to your Christian ideas. "Why should Jesus love me". Enter there and soon you will find another who disagrees with your dogma as presented. The vipers will be unleashed on in in a Christian knife fight of the first degree. It is wonderful to watch. It happened in this room once, so the adherents are more careful than to discuss specific dogma here. Yes, titles are apt. Go in that room and thoroughly explain your version of Christianity, down to the last detail.

Good luck.
Huh

Plano, TX

#449946 Mar 6, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You just ain't paying attention, Christian.
YOU have proved that you are a liar. Topix has documented the experience. Several have pointed out your dishonesty. Your squirming does nothing but shine a light at this point.
Your battle is with your pride.
We are the audience.
For that, we thank you.
Like calling someone who doesn't drink a drunk. There's a whopper.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#449947 Mar 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am tiger!
http://www.chinesezodiac.com/tiger.php
The Kitten is a Tiger ! <smile>

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#449948 Mar 6, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Programming and defensive mechanisms due to embarrassment??
That makes sense.

I don't think that it's working.

But it is fun to watch.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#449949 Mar 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
.... how does my trusting in God's Christ equate to nakedness as opposed to an atheist being clothed?....
You can't figure out simple analogies. No wonder you don't understand the Bible.

<face palm>

You should make sure you understand this before even touching a Bible:

http://deoxy.org/emperors.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Aerobatty 118,865
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Robert F 678,813
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 9 min Trump your President 2,312
Slop em again and again God!!! 1 hr doG nDaedn Hloy r... 1
"Aaay?!! Do you think I have an odd-shaped HEAD... 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
New World Order, One World Government 4 hr One Planet One Pe... 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 184,830
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web