Why I’m no longer a Christian

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#448855 Mar 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Yeah, the mythology in the bible is pretty poorly written.
duststorm

League City, TX

#448856 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't judge others. Now, what did you mean by "sick lifestyle", hmmmm?
You have a monkey on your back.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448857 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>stay off them lying atheist sites X
It's funny how the unbelievers judge the believers with words like 'not Christ like behaviour', then they quote all these Bible passages to show how clever they are, except for "No one is without sin, not one", or "No one is perfect, not one", huge different in translation huh? To those with comprehension skills it pretty much means the same thing, what's wrong with these people Clownie? Do they think all Christians are Jesus? He is the only perfect one. I really thought prejudice was a thing of the past, guess not. Why are unbelievers so obsessed with Christians and the Bible anyway? They're not here, it's very odd.
duststorm

League City, TX

#448858 Mar 4, 2013
Now, Honey Boo-boo's uncle Poodle has been diagnosed HIV, and that's a shame, cause I love her and him.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448859 Mar 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears that Christians often have no friggin' idea what they're talking about.
I do enjoy good comedy though.
That's what makes this thread so entertaining.
You're not wrong. About the comedy anyway.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448860 Mar 4, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow it, Satchmo!
That's interesting...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448861 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But to be a Christian means that you have to change the Bible to fit your desires. If you didn't change the Bible, you could not BE a christian. Jewish, maybe, but not a xian.
That is not true. I have never personally invented new versions of a Bible and I don't change anything in it to suit myself. Not all Christians do that. Sure King Henry VIII changed it so he could have lots of wives and others made up new ones to suit themselves but what exactly does that have to do with J or me or any anonymous poster you wish to ridicule. Why are you so obsessed with Christians anyway? I mean, they're just delusional and God doesn't exist and the Bible is rubbish right? Kind of a pointless obsession isn't it?
duststorm

League City, TX

#448862 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>

God Lied: The Serpent Told the Truth
Genesis 2:16-17(KJV):
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,“Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the DAY that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
contrary to what God said, Adam did NOT die the DAY he ate the fruit, just as the serpent said in Genesis 3:1-5:
They died, all right. They died spiritually on that DAY. Before that time, Adam and Eve were created to live forever. When sin entered into the garden, Adam and Eve lost their immortality and death came upon their souls. They continued to live out their earthly years, but no longer could they live forever on this earth. From then until now, every human being lives under the reality of death and hell and sin, unless he becomes born again.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448863 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
1) It is not MY myth, I just pr3efer using it to prove xians wrong.
2) Most (not all) folks go from Judo-xian to atheist without exploring other options.
3) Since I am an ordained Pagan priest, I am quite aware of "other" options...
Ignore my previous post to you, you've just answered my question. May The Lord have mercy on your soul.

*shivers*

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448864 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul? That lying bastard!!! You can't be serious.
G_O_D???

All these Texan anons appearing... interesting...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448865 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was a false prophet, who led people AWAY from the God of the Bible. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
I don't believe you. You're evil.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448866 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But to be a Christian means that you have to change the Bible to fit your desires. If you didn't change the Bible, you could not BE a christian. Jewish, maybe, but not a xian.
To be a High Priest means you have to lie for your father and drag as many Christians down to your fate with you.

Do not believe this man he lies for the father of lies.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448867 Mar 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The god of this age, right?
You realize what mythical entity likely is referenced in that passage, right?
Christians. Go figure.
Of course he knows silly. Look around the world, it's pretty obvious to those who can see.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448868 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
A perfect example of why your kind of Christianity lacks any kind of self-responsibility. I'm pretty sure Jesus would not approve. At the very least, you show no respect for anything Jesus asked his followers to believe or how they should behave.
Now you're speaking for Jesus, well, isn't that muito interessante...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#448869 Mar 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying for Jesus is still just lying, hon.
Lying for any reason is still just lying Chess.

“To Eff The Ineffable”

Since: Nov 12

Wailuku

#448872 Mar 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
They died, all right. They died spiritually on that DAY. Before that time, Adam and Eve were created to live forever. When sin entered into the garden, Adam and Eve lost their immortality and death came upon their souls. They continued to live out their earthly years, but no longer could they live forever on this earth. From then until now, every human being lives under the reality of death and hell and sin, unless he becomes born again.
Jesus died to redeem us of our sins. All of our sins. Past, present and future. Forever and ever. From Adam until the death of the last human. Amen.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#448873 Mar 4, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok.
Let's for now focus on where you've stated that the Jews left their slavery in Egypt for then promised land between 1445-1405 BC.
Apparently, you've based this on the biblical verse, Kings 6:1, where it dates the Exodus to 480 years before the founding of Jerusalem's temple under king Solomon's reign, is this correct?
I would like to bring to your attention a biblical verse of Exodus 1:11. In it it states that the Pharaoh put the enslaved Hebrews to work on two store cities called Pthom and Ramasses.
King Ramasses reigned in the mid 1200's BC.
So why this huge discrepency between the two?
Also may I add that the promised land aka the land of canaan was under the rule of the Egyptians during both of these eras.
I presented a question to waaassup when I first debut on this forum.
He responded with some non-sense gibberish and never answered the quiestion directly.
Perhaps maybe you can shed some light.
If the land of Canaan was under the jurisdiction of the Egyptian Empire under the supposed time of the exodus, why on earth would this hebrew god take the Hebrews out of one part of Egypt and place them into another part of Egypt?
I suppose I could get into this you sweet thing, but what is the relevant factor? You can believe as you wish. History only has so much bearing on the future. What does that matter to Eternal Salvation? I leave the past behind and strive for a better tomorrow, particularly eternally. I'm sorry you're so hung up on history. I'm not. I am WOMAN watch me ROAR ....

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#448874 Mar 4, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
To be a High Priest means you have to lie for your father and drag as many Christians down to your fate with you.
Do not believe this man he lies for the father of lies.
Incorrect.

He has a myth and rejects your myth.

And he is a tad duplicitous about it.

That is all.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#448875 Mar 4, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying for any reason is still just lying Chess.
True.

So please stop lying for Jesus.

He's dead and really can't care whether you do or don't lie in his name.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#448876 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
"So, Timmy, did you ever see a grown man naked?"
Laffin.
Figured you'd get the reference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 26 min ChristineM 865,638
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr ChristineM 2,039
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr cute94 465
Native American lives MATTER 1 hr Poov 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 272,425
White Lives MATTER 1 hr Poov 114
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 2 hr trolllord69 16
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr RoSesz 600,085
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 hr Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 10 hr andy 45
More from around the web