Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#448806 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you turned your back on Jesus, to suit your sick lifestyle...
What "sick lifestyle" is that, oh judgmental yet clueless Clown?

San Francisco

#448807 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>even if I sin I have his forgiveness!!! Its called amazing grace...
A perfect example of why your kind of Christianity lacks any kind of self-responsibility. I'm pretty sure Jesus would not approve. At the very least, you show no respect for anything Jesus asked his followers to believe or how they should behave.

Since: Jul 08

Norwalk, OH

#448808 Mar 4, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church did not give use the Bible.
The New Testament books were in existence in their present form at the close of the apostolic age. As a matter of fact, the apostles themselves put their writings into circulation. "And when this letter has been read among you, see that it be read in the church of the Laodiceans also; and that you yourselves read the letter from Laodicea." (Col. 4:16). "I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren." (1 Thess. 5:27). The holy Scriptures were written for all (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1) and all will be judged by them in the last day (Rev. 20:12; John 12:48). Jesus said that His Word will abide forever (Matt. 24:35; 1 Pet. 1:23-25).
The Catholic claim of giving the Bible to the world cannot be true because they have not been the sole possessor of the Bible at any time. Some of the most valuable Greek Bibles and Versions have been handed down to us from non-Roman Catholic sources. A notable example of this is the Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of St. Catherine (of the Greek Orthodox Church) at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in the British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. This manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant, and this manuscript which is the most complete of all has never been in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church.
Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.- http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
Lying for Jesus is still just lying, hon.

San Francisco

#448809 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're very evil
You're dumb.

Norwalk, OH

#448810 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Bro.Clownie does love Jesus...
Christian homo-necrophilia.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#448811 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI that quote was from the King James Version. If you were truly a Christian you would have known that. But like most Christians, you obviously don't read it, you just pick up a few scriptures from church guided bible study which is replete with church dogma.
That is typical though. The atheists here know the bible, typically better than most Christians, which is why they are atheist.
Matthew 5:11

“You are blessed when they insult and persecute you and falsely say every kind of evil against you because of Me.

Thanks

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448813 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What "sick lifestyle" is that, oh judgmental yet clueless Clown?
don't judge me

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448815 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dumb.
you're dumber

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#448816 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Who is he talking to? Do you believe the bible? Or do you get your gospel from those lying atheist links...
I got those lies directly out of your bible, thank you!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448817 Mar 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The god of this age, right?
You realize what mythical entity likely is referenced in that passage, right?
Christians. Go figure.
you're god satan!!! get in a good sunday school

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448818 Mar 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian homo-necrophilia.
you love the evil one

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448819 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Bro.Clownie does love Jesus, and also the bible as much as God does. No, Bro. Clownie could never agree with any of the non-ending nonsense you spit out. Now, if, let's say, you ever did come up with any factual and knowledgeable statements, Bro. Clownie might have to support them. Until then, The Clown can't agree with someone who knows absolutely nothing about the Holy Word of God...
And this from someone who didn't recognize a quote from Matthew in the KJV? I'll bet you got an "F" in Sunday school.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#448821 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
But to be a Christian means that you have to change the Bible to fit your desires. If you didn't change the Bible, you could not BE a christian. Jewish, maybe, but not a xian.
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
IF one is going to have a faith based on the teachings of the Bible, they one's options are limited. Really, Judaism is the only option that does not significantly distort what is written.

Of course, if one look too closely, one is liable to end up as an atheist...

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448823 Mar 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, he's not very good at that either.
I know, but he's better at that than his knowledge of the bible, which is pretty pathetic if you think about it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#448826 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like I need to watch Spartacus...
"You, ah, like gladiator movies?"

SORRY!

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448827 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 5:11
“You are blessed when they insult and persecute you and falsely say every kind of evil against you because of Me.
Thanks
If it's insults and persecution you want, I can make you a martyr in the eyes of Jesus. Stick around...

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448829 Mar 4, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy. They did. Paul was sent to us. Gentiles.
Why is it so hard for you all to comprehend?
Paul? That lying bastard!!! You can't be serious.

Norwalk, OH

#448830 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
IF one is going to have a faith based on the teachings of the Bible, they one's options are limited. Really, Judaism is the only option that does not significantly distort what is written.
Of course, if one look too closely, one is liable to end up as an atheist...
Incorrect on both accounts.

And rejecting your myth does not make one an atheist: That requires rejecting all gods. Odd you forgot about the other myth options, huh?
duststorm

League City, TX

#448831 Mar 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I Belong To:
The Lord our Father and Jesus our Saviour.
Praise the Lord, WaterNymph has been gloriously and wondrously saved.

Norwalk, OH

#448833 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're god satan!!! get in a good sunday school
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you love the evil one
Don't blame me for your perversion, child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 8 min Greezy 1,904
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min lightbeamrider 863,698
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 45 min Johnny 117
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min Charlie Sheen 272,400
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr -Stray Dog 6,343
light skin men (Apr '13) 1 hr TheCritics 5
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr lightbeamrider 2,764
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 599,314
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 612,890
More from around the web