Why I’m no longer a Christian
duststorm

League City, TX

#449170 Mar 5, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
More proof:
Proof of Paul’s Lies
Why was the Jerusalem church still practicing the very things Paul claims Jesus sacrifice did away with? Because the Jerusalem church was still practicing Torah including the works, Paul was teaching contrary to this, and they found out.
Then to prove himself this, he was asked to participate in a cleansing ritual. Acts 21:23-24:
“So do this, what we say to you: We have four men who have taken a vow.“Take them and be cleansed with them, and pay their expenses so that they shave their heads. And all shall know that what they have been informed about you is not so, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Torah".
This was a shrewd act on the part of James. This way, if Paul was teaching contrary to the works of the Torah, he would be exposed as a hypocrite. Paul complied, and completed the ritual. Acts 21:26:
"Then Paul took the men on the next day, and having been cleansed with them, went into the Set-apart Place to announce the completion of the days of separation until the offering should be presented for each one of them".
Most Christians can't see the contradiction here because they are ignorant of Torah Law. Do you see a problem here? Paul taught that Jesus' sacrifice eliminated the need for animal sacrifice for sin and other works of the Torah (Hebrews 10), yet here he is participating in a ritual that required an animal sacrifice for a sin offering.
This is one more example of Paul’s lies and hypocrisy.
I don't find anywhere that Paul paid expenses for a full-blown ritual for 4 men, complete with head-shaving, animal sacrifices, and participated himself; nevertheless, the concept that Paul adhered to, in order to bring others to the Savior, is as follows:
1 Corinthians 9:20
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#449171 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL@ those who think themselves wise and cannot comprehend the Bible. Sneaky snake did not want to be ruled by humans, The Lord said "you shall no eat", leaving room for choice. Notice how the sneaky snake did not mention The Lord's name? Danger, danger, silly humans, think they are their own gods... Hilarious.
There's a big difference between dogma (which is the lie you're trying to invent right now, just like many preachers before you) and discernment/ understanding.
There will be no death, no pain, no illness, no tears, no evil. Now, there's a life.
I don't want to be in your cult, not even if you my fun of me, the words of men mean very little to me and have dwindled in meaning to almost nothing. Men are evil.
For someone who claims to possess wisdom of the scriptures, you didn't know about the contradictory stories of Paul's conversion.

And what "sneaky snake" are you talking about? The serpent in the garden that church dogma claims is Satan? You really don't know the difference between scripture and dogma, do you?

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#449172 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.. you are paying attention. Yay! Give us proof then, show me or direct me to Paul's original writings. Or just translate the words in Greek if you like. I know what all the different versions of what the Bible actually say. Many versions say that Paul's companions both heard a noise and saw a light, in all the passages used by anti christ. They also say that the witnesses heard a noise but did not understand what was being said by Jesus to Paul.
It all comes down to translating the two words and a very naughty king. I could sit here typing out Bible passages for you as well as translations but you know all this already don't you? All knowing X.
Again, no, I will not join your cult, I've had quite enough of those.
Sweety, you are a member of the third largest cult on earth, Christianity. Your cult is only surpassed by Islam and Hindi.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#449173 Mar 5, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>"And when I was a child, I thought as a child..."
When God says you will surely die, you will surely die.
Each person who has ever been born eventually dies.
This inevitable death is due to the fall in the garden.
You, Hip, will surely die. Every person who has ever lived in the history of the world, has died, except for Elija, who was taken up bodily.
You are dying every day physically.
You are dead spiritually, because you are a natural man, and a natural man does not understand the things of the spirit.
Unless and until you are born again, you will not avoid the second death, the eternal death and damnation in the lake of fire.
Now, you know better than to think as a child. You know, after 5 years of the truth being presented before your eyes, the way of salvation.
I've been hearing this stuff since I was old enough to hear. I was raised in a Christian household and lived as a Christian for the majority of my adult life. You're not telling me anything I couldn't regurgitate same as you. What I'm saying is that upon examination the whole thing appears a sham, and the God of the Bible the ultimate huckster >on a good day<.

The fact that you can't bring yourself to even respond to the difficulties of the Bible myth, but rather go into auto-trance with the Biblical Talking Points Memo, speak volumes about your ability to engage honestly with your own beliefs. That's ok, I understand, fear is a powerful thing, and the Bible plays the fear card in spades.

Helluva way to live your life tho'. Literally....

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#449174 Mar 5, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
You think Bible passages are proof? Wow. Maybe there is hope for you yet. Well, just so you know, the Bible says you should not get drunk lest you expose yourself, or something... It really is not good to be drunk all the time.
Do you think bible passages are proof of an invisible deity and his half-human / half-divine son?
duststorm

League City, TX

#449175 Mar 5, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of Paul’s Lies
Most Christians can't see the contradiction here because they are ignorant of Torah Law. This vow is the vow of the Nazerite, which is explained in Numbers 6:13-14 states:
"And this is the Torah of the Nazirite: When the days of his separation are completed, he is brought to the door of the Tent of Meeting, and he shall bring his offering to the Lord: one male lamb a year old, a perfect one, as a burnt offering, and one ewe lamb a year old, a perfect one, as a sin offering..."
Do you see a problem here? Paul taught that Jesus' sacrifice eliminated the need for animal sacrifice for sin and other works of the Torah (Hebrews 10), yet here he is participating in a ritual that required an animal sacrifice for a sin offering.
This is one more example of Paul’s lies and hypocrisy.
Neither Paul, nor Jesus was a Nazirite. The Nazirites were expected to keep the rituals set forth in Numbers.

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#449176 Mar 5, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't find anywhere that Paul paid expenses for a full-blown ritual for 4 men, complete with head-shaving, animal sacrifices, and participated himself; nevertheless, the concept that Paul adhered to, in order to bring others to the Savior, is as follows:
1 Corinthians 9:20
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
It's very simple. Did the Acts author say he took the vow, or not?

But that's not good enough. You demand to see the full spectacle. OK.

Let's leave behind that you ignore the words as written and demand to see the "full documentation" before you believe, demonstrating you yourself don't believe the parts of the Bible that you can't fit into your self-made conception of it's message. You take the same position as Thomas, who was chastised for demanding "proof".

More importantly, do you even see how two-faced Paul is in his methods, CONFIRMED by your ill-chosen attempt at rebuttal? Is God's Word so weak that it relies upon the subterfuge and machinations of man? According to Paul it does.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#449177 Mar 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>This coming from the sub genius whose idea of an erudite, non-repetitive post is "your dumb".
Face it, Gacey, you have nothing but an immoral belief system built on a foundation of nothing. It suits you.
I see you are anti-American, as well. We share First Amendment rights that you denigrate by referring to me as a troll. I, on the other hand, just encouraged you to compose a post clearly refuting what you call lies by Anti-Christ. Therein lies the difference and what makes you a traitor to your country, which of course is already in your heritage. I encourage discourse, discussion, and dissent while your only goal is to silence those that would unmask the phantom of your phantasmagorical panjandrum.
you're dumb

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#449178 Mar 5, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Neither Paul, nor Jesus was a Nazirite. The Nazirites were expected to keep the rituals set forth in Numbers.
Lol... he's so full of it... look at his comments to me, ignoring all the Greek translations I posted, only using parts of scripture and a lot of his own words... hhmmm, who should we believe?
duststorm

League City, TX

#449179 Mar 5, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text> I was raised in a Christian household and lived as a Christian for the majority of my adult life. What I'm saying is that upon examination the whole thing appears a sham....
I respect the fact that you used the phrase, "appears to be".
You are indeed a prudent man.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#449180 Mar 5, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweety, you are a member of the third largest cult on earth, Christianity. Your cult is only surpassed by Islam and Hindi.
atheist, the few, the proud, the dumb....

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#449182 Mar 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know why you think that would bother me. I don't drink and I live in the country. Oh well, Liars for Jesus abound.
You said "Oh well, Liars for Jesus abound." Yes they do. They're called Christians.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#449183 Mar 5, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think bible passages are proof of an invisible deity and his half-human / half-divine son?
We live by faith! not proof... BTW you have no proof of anything... its by faith

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#449184 Mar 5, 2013
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" (1Timothy 1:15).

"Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures" (1Corinthians 15:3).

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#449185 Mar 5, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, what an amazing refutation. Good Christian folk don't inhabit this room. Godbots like you chase them off. They make an occasional appearance and get disgusted by the likes of you. Anyone who, in 2013, thinks demons are real needs immediate entrance into a local rubber room where they can be treated for psychosis.
Still don't drink and you're still lying. Being called dumb by clowns like you is a badge of honor. You've proven your religion to be a fraud. Thank you for that.
"Being called dumb by clowns like you is a badge of honor."

Now that's funny!!! You should give 'ol T-Town lessons! He could learn humor from you because, let's face it, for a clown he's just not funny.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#449186 Mar 5, 2013
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger" (Rom. 2:8).

Location hidden

#449187 Mar 5, 2013
Acts 21:10-14
While we were staying for many days, a prophet named Agabus came down from Judea. And coming to us, he took Paul's belt and bound his own feet and hands and said, "Thus says the Holy Spirit,'This is how the Jews at jerusalem will bind the man who owns this belt and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles'". When we heard this, we and the people there urged him not to go up to Jerusalem. Then Paul answered, "What are you doing, weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be imprisoned but even to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." And since he would not be persuaded, we ceased and said, "Let the will of the Lord be done.

*Agabus had earlier prophesied of a coming famine.
*Paul, as a disciple of Jesus, is willing to follow in Jesus' steps (1 Pet 2:21) and to die in Jerusalem as Jesus did.(Luke 9:51; 18:31-33)
*Some of Jesus' disciples tried to persuade Paul not to go to Jerusalem but he would not hear of it so they stopped and left it in the Lord's will.

(Yeah Paul seems really scared to go there)

Acts 20:22-24
And now, behold, I am going to Jerusalem, constrained by the Spirit, not knowing what will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city that imprisonment and afflictions await me. But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.

*Constrained (to bind, tie, Greek; deo), indicates that the Holy Spirit was giving Paul a strong compulsion to go to Jerusalem , as soon as possible even though he knew what awaited him there.
*Paul seems to have reflected on the similarities of his on his upcoming journey to Jerusalem and Jesus' journey to Jerusalem where he was to die (Matt 16:21; 20:18; Mark 10:32-33; Luke 9:51, 53; 18:31-33), and wondered if he would die there also (Acts 21:11).
*The Holy Spirit testifies to me in every city. Such testimony seems to have come to Paul through both Christian prophets (Acts 21:11) and direct revelation from the Holy Spirit.
*Paul often expressed his willingness to suffer for Jesus (2 Cor 4:7-12; 6:4-10; 12:9-10; Phil 1:20-21; 2:17; 3:8; Col 1:24). In 2 Tim 4:7 he used the same expression of finishing his course (or race Greek; dromos)

Acts 21:23-24
Do therefore what we tell you. We have four men who are under a vow; take these men and purify yourself along with them and pay their expenses, so that they may shave their heads. Thus all will know that there is nothing in what they have been told about you, but that you yourself also live in observance of the law.

(Re 21:21 not to circumcise. Circumcision was singled out because it was considered the badge of God's covenant with the Jews. The rumour was false; Paul did not object to Jewish believers voluntarily following OT ceremonial laws {see Acts 16:3; 1 Cor 7:18-19}).

Nazarite Law = Under a vow.
Those under a Nazarite vow would abstain from wine, strong drink, grape juice, grapes or raisins; would avoid any contact that would defile them; and would not cut their hair (se Num 6:1-21). When the time of the vow was over (often 30 days), they would cut their hair and present an offering in the temple (Mishnah, Nazir 6.3). If Paul went with them and personally paid for the cost of their offering, it would show that he did not object to Jewish converts following OT customs voluntarily, so long as those same customs were not required of Gentile believers (Acts 18:18)

Why would he object? Jesus didn't. God gave those Laws through Moses.

All the anti christ has proven is that he will lie here, to discredit Christianity and that Jews hate Christians and want them dead. Nothing new.

I happen to love and respect the Jews as well as those from the tribe of Judah myself. I mean, my hero Jesus is a Jew.

You have some funny ideas anti christ and your name suits you well <smile>

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#449188 Mar 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That's what happens when ya smoke that "manna maui".
Do you know where I can get some of that sh*t Paul was smokin'? I want to hear the voice of the god too!! I want to ask him why he has such lame, ill prepared followers. I can just hear that conversation:

AC: God, why are your Christian followers so lame and ill prepared?

God: What the hell is a Christian?

Location hidden

#449189 Mar 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>atheist, the few, the proud, the dumb....
I like that. May I use it?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#449190 Mar 5, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Being called dumb by clowns like you is a badge of honor."
Now that's funny!!! You should give 'ol T-Town lessons! He could learn humor from you because, let's face it, for a clown he's just not funny.
Some of the atheist on here are intelligent!!! you are not one of them.. you and your dingleberry sidekick Duh,I mean Huh, are the Grand Poobahs of dumb

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feb 24 Trump Talks To Judge Jeanine 4 min Funny n not funny 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Rosesz 695,810
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 1 hr Cat 60,558
Where Does It Say In The Bible...? 2 hr River Tam2 3
I just caught my mom masturbating 2 hr Mama01 1
News Trump: Dem Memo a 'Bust,' Confirms Actions That... 4 hr davy 7
Dem Libtard Keeps Screaming 4 hr Yes we can 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr River Tam2 993,861
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web