Why I’m no longer a Christian

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#448926 Mar 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Your name suits you so well.
By the way, Paul was a lying bastard and I can prove it.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448927 Mar 4, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is I can say I worship smurfs and no one would know any different (except friends outside of topix), I'm always changing the info in my profile anyway. Just because I don't have multiple profiles it doesn't mean I blab everything about myself to strangers on the internet. I could be anyone.
Oh, it's obvious you lie about who or what you are. You're a Christian. Lying is a requirement.

“To Eff The Ineffable”

Since: Nov 12

Wailuku

#448928 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448929 Mar 4, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
They died, all right. They died spiritually on that DAY. Before that time, Adam and Eve were created to live forever. When sin entered into the garden, Adam and Eve lost their immortality and death came upon their souls. They continued to live out their earthly years, but no longer could they live forever on this earth. From then until now, every human being lives under the reality of death and hell and sin, unless he becomes born again.
You said "Adam and Eve were created to live forever." Please quote chapter and verse.

You said "Adam and Eve lost their immortality..." Again please quote chapter and verse.

You don't seem to be able to differentiate between scripture and church dogma.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448930 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
In 1857 the Supreme Court of the United States (Dred Scott v. John Sanford) declared African Americans were property, and ruled that they weren't protected by the Constitution?
What's your point?
In Colonial Virginia, it was a crime to be a Baptist. In 1661, Massechusetts Bay Puritan magistrates hung four Quaker missionaries. Catholics were forbidden to own guns in all of the coloies other than Maryland. Being the wrong brand of Christian used to be punishable by death in this very land. They all agreed that owning blacks was A-okay, though.

Christians. Killing each other since the CE, killing Jews until 1945, and now killing Muslims at an oil field not so near you. Ain't they just a wonderful bunch?
Huh

Plano, TX

#448931 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You said "Adam and Eve were created to live forever." Please quote chapter and verse.
You said "Adam and Eve lost their immortality..." Again please quote chapter and verse.
She's a Baptist. At least they finally came around on that slavery thing, in 2009, which is four years earlier than Mississippi passed the 13th Amendment.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448932 Mar 4, 2013
Tavita wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share
Kohe pilau, e ho'opohole 'oe i ko'u mai'a.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448933 Mar 4, 2013
Tavita wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share
Alright, here goes:

Two Contradictory Stories of Paul's Conversion

And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
Acts 9:3-7 (KJV)

and

And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.

Acts 22:5-9 (KJV)

In the first story, he claims the men with him saw nothing but heard a voice, and in the second the men saw a light but heard nothing. The significance is that if the men heard the voice, as in the first story, there were witnesses to what he claims the Messiah said and if not as in the second, there were no witnesses.

Speaking of witnesses, the Messiah said:

If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true. Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth
John 5:31-33 (KJV)

Witnesses were very important and no one could be a witness concerning himself. If the second story is true, we cannot be sure if this event happened. Aside from that, Paul couldn't seem to keep his story straight.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#448934 Mar 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was a false prophet, who led people AWAY from the God of the Bible. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
this is a lie
Huh

Plano, TX

#448935 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing about her first claim, an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omnibenevolent "created them to live forever" but didn't see it coming that it was a waste of time, couldn't control another angel, and royally screwed it up.

Not to mention that we are supposed to be so transformed by a belief in this god being that it's love is irresistible, yet this Satan character, who had not faith but evidence, was certainly not impressed or transformed.

Plus, if Heaven is a sinless place, how could Satan sin and be a fallen angel?

This god is one really incompetent middle manager, too stupid to come up with any plan better than drowning a planet to fix its screw ups, which, ironically, even at that scale, didn't work, so, it downsized and just resorted to rape and torture-murder to fix its mistakes, yet, when you talk to Christians, that one didn't work either. Based on the ever-decreasing scale of fix it attempts and the ever decreasing size of the gaps this god can be stuffed into, I prophesy that it's next attempt at fixing its screw ups will be making an old Jew in Fort Myers stub his toe on a gopher wood coffee table.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448936 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel that way about you...

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448937 Mar 4, 2013
Tavita wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share
Peter, not Paul was called to be the emissary to the Gentiles:

And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them,“Men, brothers, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the gentiles should hear the word of the Good News and believe.
Acts 15:7

He was chosen to go to the first gentile filled with the Spirit of God. The story concerning Cornelius and the dream Peter had in Acts chapter 10 verifies this. By his own words Peter was chosen by God to be emissary to the gentiles, and it is doubtful he would passed this responsibility on to someone else. Who chose Paul? No one.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448938 Mar 4, 2013
He stubbed his toe so that you may have everlasting life washing a Semetic Hippie's feet!

Torture worms for everybody!
Huh

Plano, TX

#448939 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you possibly know that when you don't even know what that pseudonym means?
Sue Doh Nim. That's the lady that owns the Korean donut shop down at the strip mall.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448940 Mar 4, 2013
Tavita wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share
Of the Covenant of Israel

Therefore remember that you, once gentiles in the flesh, who are called ‘the uncircumcision’ by what is called ‘the circumcision’ made in the flesh by hands, that at that time you were without Messiah, excluded from the citizenship of Yisra’el and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no expectation and without Elohim in the world.

Ephesians 2:11-12

In reading this, then, you are able to understand my insight into the secret of Messiah, which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His Ho;y emissaries and prophets: The gentiles to be co-heirs, united in the same body, and partakers together in the promise in Messiah through the Good News,…

Ephesians 3:4-6

This is in conflict with the Torah. Gentiles were always welcome to be citizens of Israel and share in the covenant. Consider the following scripture:

“And when a stranger (gentile) sojourns with you and shall perform the Passover to the Lord, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and perform it, and he shall be as a native of the land. But let no uncircumcised eat of it.“There is one Torah for the native-born and for the stranger who sojourns among you.”
Shemoth 12:48-49

According to Torah gentiles were always welcome to share in the Covenant of Israel, contrary to what Paul said. Once a gentile was circumcised in his flesh and heart by making the decision to follow the Torah of God, he was to be treated as though he was native born and a citizen of the Covenant of Israel. This was no secret; it had been a part of Torah since Israel was taken from captivity in Egypt.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448941 Mar 4, 2013
Tavita wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share
Pharisees and the Torah

For we are the circumcision, who are serving the Lord in the Spirit, and boasting in Christ, and do not trust in the flesh, 4though I too might have trust in the flesh. If anyone else thinks to trust in the flesh, I more – circumcised the eighth day, of the race of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews, according to Torah a Pharisee...

Philippians 3:3-5

Here is another example where Christian’s lack of knowledge of Torah is evident. I wonder how many times they have read this terribly erroneous statement and never questioned it. Pharisees and Saducees were political parties established during Greek occupation of Yisrael. In his book “Jews, God, and History”, Max I. Dimont explained these parties and what they stood for:

“The Saducees represented the liberal, enlightened political viewpoint. They felt that neither their country nor Judaism would be jeopardized by a reasonable amount of Hellenic cultural influence, in the same way American Jews today believe that they can safely embrace the best features of American life without having to give their Jewishness. When Jesus preached in Galillee and Jerusalem, the Saducees did not regard Him as a radical, but as a zealot - in other words, as a Pharisee.”
“The Pharisees again, looked upon the Saducees as conservatives, upon the Essenes as zealots, and upon themselves as liberals. They were against Hellenization because it represented an alien culture, but they were not against developing a cultural and political liberalism of their own. They believed in the principal of religious evolution. The Pharisees stressed the new Oral Law, a series of reinterpretations of Mosaic Law. They were responsible for introducing the elasticity into Judaism which made possible its survival in the times of stress ahead.”
Saducees felt a reasonable amount of Hellenic influence was tolerable. But according to the Torah, this would be contamination by a alien (gentile) race. Pharisees believed in religious evolution, and reinterpreted the Torah based on the “Oral Law”(Talmud); the Torah is fixed, unchangeable, and not subject to reinterpretation.
There is nothing in Torah, or any law for that matter, that would make one a Pharisee or Saducee. First, these parties were formed 3,000 years after the Torah was given to the Hebrews. Second, the Torah has nothing to do with political parties of any kind. Third, the ideology of these parties stood against everything taught in the Torah. It is no wonder Jesus was continually at odds with them. Here again the lies of Paul are exposed, especially his claim of "according to Torah a Pharisee..."
As an aside, the Phaisees were against all alien influences and cultures, especially Greco-Roman. Based on this it is hard to imagine a member of the party, as Paul claimed he was, would claim to be a Roman citizen. That would be tantamount to a member of the Ku Klux Klan claiming to be an African citizen!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448942 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter, not Paul was called to be the emissary to the Gentiles:
And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them,“Men, brothers, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the gentiles should hear the word of the Good News and believe.
Acts 15:7
He was chosen to go to the first gentile filled with the Spirit of God. The story concerning Cornelius and the dream Peter had in Acts chapter 10 verifies this. By his own words Peter was chosen by God to be emissary to the gentiles, and it is doubtful he would passed this responsibility on to someone else. Who chose Paul? No one.
what a liar

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448943 Mar 4, 2013
Tavita wrote:
<quoted text>
Please share
Do you need more? I have plenty and I will post more tomorrow.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448944 Mar 4, 2013
Galatians 1:1 “Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead)”

Romans 1:1 “Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God

2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God” This is repeated over and over in his epistles (1 Cor.1:1; 2 Cor.2:1; Eph. 1:1; Col.1:1; 2 Tim1:1.) If this is not true then the Scripture is not inspired by God and cannot be trusted anywhere as accurate

I believe the holy word of God
Huh

Plano, TX

#448945 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I feel that way about you...
You should avoid thought-terminating cliches. You know you only get so many thoughts a day, Gacey, and when you abruptly terminate one it can take you up to 48 hours to spool up another.

I blame the grits, lye-laced, leftover pieces from corn processing. Nutritionally speaking, grits lack significant amounts of vitamins or minerals. They contain a minute amount of fiber and no essential fats. Their flavor is lacking and thus butter or heavy cream is used to make them palatable, bringing together the blood-vessel-destroying, brain-atrophying, unholy marriage of simple carbohydrates and saturated fat.

You're pickling your brain on religion and grits, and probably some cheap, formaldehyde-preserved American "beer", too. Try watching cars making right turns sometime. Your blood is pooling on the left side of your corpus callosum and allowing the Republican side of your brain way too much leeway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min COOTERDOG 64,267
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 min ImFree2Choose 2,594
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Gabriel 973,912
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min marge 654,267
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min RiccardoFire 45,258
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min MUQ2 281,919
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 51 min MUQ2 496
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Annaleigh 106,578
More from around the web