Why I’m no longer a Christian
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#448762 Mar 4, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are proven only by humans. And humans are highly fallible, so go their facts.
Humans arrived at a conclusion that 1+1=2.
Would that be fallable or would that be a fact?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#448763 Mar 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Winning the most deluded crazies award, yes. Pssst, your demon called. It wants it's butt plug back. I told him they're going to need a grappling hook and a mining helmet to find it.
you're evil.. satan owns your soul

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448764 Mar 4, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans arrived at a conclusion that 1+1=2.
Would that be fallable or would that be a fact?
you're really dumb

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#448765 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church did not give use the Bible.
The New Testament books were in existence in their present form at the close of the apostolic age. As a matter of fact, the apostles themselves put their writings into circulation. "And when this letter has been read among you, see that it be read in the church of the Laodiceans also; and that you yourselves read the letter from Laodicea." (Col. 4:16). "I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren." (1 Thess. 5:27). The holy Scriptures were written for all (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1) and all will be judged by them in the last day (Rev. 20:12; John 12:48). Jesus said that His Word will abide forever (Matt. 24:35; 1 Pet. 1:23-25).
The Catholic claim of giving the Bible to the world cannot be true because they have not been the sole possessor of the Bible at any time. Some of the most valuable Greek Bibles and Versions have been handed down to us from non-Roman Catholic sources. A notable example of this is the Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of St. Catherine (of the Greek Orthodox Church) at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in the British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. This manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant, and this manuscript which is the most complete of all has never been in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church.
Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.- http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
So tell me, which bible version was translated from these texts, and how do they differ from the current versions?

P.S. A version made in the fourth century would not be an original. And since it was written in Greek, it could not have been written by the apostles.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448766 Mar 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>See, right here. You claim he turned his back on your omnipresent (how is that even possible?) to sin while you wave this strange flag of forgiveness. You are buttering both sides of moldy bread.
the words of a lost soul

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448767 Mar 4, 2013
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Cor. 4:4).
"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him" (Jn. 3:36).

I believe in God

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#448768 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Whatever the opposition might say, at least it is one of the most original translations to our language from Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, and retains the principles of the day opposed to the adapting to the change in our society and what is deemed acceptable.
LOL *snort*

Learnin' from lying preachers.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448769 Mar 4, 2013
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one" (1 Jn. 5:19).

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448770 Mar 4, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospel of Clown:
1:1 - "I might not be able to prove you are a butthole!! but its hard to fool them flies huh"
1:2 - "Are you still bragging bout them nasty farts of yours ???????"
1:3 - "Your dumb"
Christ-like behavior? Not so much.
I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but I must. I think he is a perfect example of Christians and Christianity. He is as much of a sham as as the bible and those who believe in it, from the phoney rubber nose right down to the make-up and ridiculous clothes.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#448771 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church did not give use the Bible.
The New Testament books were in existence in their present form at the close of the apostolic age. As a matter of fact, the apostles themselves put their writings into circulation. "And when this letter has been read among you, see that it be read in the church of the Laodiceans also; and that you yourselves read the letter from Laodicea." (Col. 4:16). "I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren." (1 Thess. 5:27). The holy Scriptures were written for all (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1) and all will be judged by them in the last day (Rev. 20:12; John 12:48). Jesus said that His Word will abide forever (Matt. 24:35; 1 Pet. 1:23-25).
The Catholic claim of giving the Bible to the world cannot be true because they have not been the sole possessor of the Bible at any time. Some of the most valuable Greek Bibles and Versions have been handed down to us from non-Roman Catholic sources. A notable example of this is the Codex Sinaiticus which was found in the monastery of St. Catherine (of the Greek Orthodox Church) at Mount Sinai in 1844 and is now in the British Museum. It contains all of the books of the New Testament and all but small portions of the Old Testament. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was made early in the fourth century, not later than 350 A.D. This manuscript found by a German scholar named, Tishendorf, who was a Protestant, and this manuscript which is the most complete of all has never been in the hands of the Roman Catholic Church.
Another valuable manuscript that has never been possessed by the Roman Catholic Church is the Codex Alexandrianus. It, too, is now on exhibit in the manuscript room of the British Museum in London. It was a gift from the Patriarch of Constantinople (of the Greek Orthodox Church) to Charles I in 1628. It had been in possession of the Patriarchs for centuries and originally came from Alexandria, Egypt from which it gets its name. Scholars are certain that this manuscript was also made in the fourth century and, along with the Codex Sinaiticus, is thought to be one of the fifty Greek Bibles commissioned to be copied by Constantine.- http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
LOL *snort*

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448772 Mar 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
Learnin' from lying preachers.
stay off them lying atheist sites X

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448773 Mar 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
did you let another one
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#448774 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're really dumb
Are you related to the poster Cherokee?
You both possess ignorant responses.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#448775 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol..OMGosh # The 1611 was my post # I accidentally typed in... ROF... Don't get too excited about quoting me wrong. I could run circles around you... Just ask X if I am knowledgeable about the OT, and the NT.. I don't feel like putting that much effort into in right now... I have to go do my (late) morning run anyway... as I have wasted too much time already!!!LOL Hahahaha
Unfortunately, I'd have to say no.

Your familarity appears to be more with Christian proaganda.

I'm not saying that you're not familiar with the book, just that what you're familiar with is what Christianity teaches about the book, not what historians say about the book.

I would love to see that change.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#448776 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me, which bible version was translated from these texts, and how do they differ from the current versions?
P.S. A version made in the fourth century would not be an original. And since it was written in Greek, it could not have been written by the apostles.
Bulls eye
:)

Many christians seem to ignore the >fact<, lol, that the Apostles were to go to the louse house of Israel, hence, penning in Hebrew.
Why is that so hard for them to comprehend?

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448777 Mar 4, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
"If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake" (1John 2:1, 12).
"The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1John 1:7, 9).
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Matthew 7:21-23

Maybe you should keep this in mind when you write your foul tidbit. You should also look up the word "iniquity". You may be shocked to discover you are guilty of this nearly every time you post.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448778 Mar 4, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Bulls eye
:)
Many christians seem to ignore the >fact<, lol, that the Apostles were to go to the louse house of Israel, hence, penning in Hebrew.
Why is that so hard for them to comprehend?
It's difficult for them because of their lack of historical knowledge, especially concerning Hebrews and their culture, as well as the intense brainwashing they get in the form of church dogma, which they can't seem to differentiate from fact.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448779 Mar 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL *snort*
Sounds to me like the quotes he uses from scripture are identical to the ones in the "Catholic" bible? What do you think.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448780 Mar 4, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you related to the poster Cherokee?
You both possess ignorant responses.
you're dumb

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448781 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."
Matthew 7:21-23
Maybe you should keep this in mind when you write your foul tidbit. You should also look up the word "iniquity". You may be shocked to discover you are guilty of this nearly every time you post.
Who is he talking to? Do you believe the bible? Or do you get your gospel from those lying atheist links...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min PadMark 675,949
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min nanoanomaly 110,961
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 37 min Gotti 305
Arkansas right for punishing heinous crimes 1 hr Doctor REALITY 7
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr nanoanomaly 982,121
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,234
Apr 30 President Trump: "News Media Twists Fac... 8 hr Wtf 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 hr AussieBobby 286,315
More from around the web