Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#448722 Mar 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you're the one who took sides against me, hon, so now i know from where you're coming from.
You were, and are still wrong... go away!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#448723 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Difference Definition...
A point or way in which people or things are not the same.
The state or condition of being dissimilar or unlike.
I realize this is Topix, I am on here for fun, but I will get bored, and move on... You are here for life... How very sad... Lol
ps Don't post me anymore, as you are a waste of my time...:)
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't explain how you were different because you can't. Your cranial-rectal inversion is complete. Wasssuup is your perverted twin brother , two warrior princesses for an imaginary torture-murder victim.
Aaaw - don't be so hard on the poster.

Afterall, the poster claims to scare demons away with just showing up. Isn't that characteristic enough to show they are a bit more powerful than your words?

Why else would demons just continuously show up and then scared away?

;o)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#448724 Mar 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Clowns are creepy.
They're also an Abomination Unto Nuggin.

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#448725 Mar 4, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I really agree with you on translations and "the church" seeking ways to accommodate and justify their sins. Thing is, RCC is the only ones that hold degrees of severity to sin. The Bible states quite differently, except for the unforgivable sin, so deviating from the original translation won't do them a bit of good. Besides, God has the final determination.
The NIV likely is the most blatantly perverted from original scripture.
Why Are Modern Translations So Deceiving & Not Based On Biblical Truth? The problem is not God or the original scriptures but the perverted false translations of the texts into English based on an agenda, not the original scripture texts.- http://www.libchrist.com/bible/niv.html
I agree with you to a point. So how do you know the church "Fathers" at the councils of Nicea and Leodicea, who translated and codified the first bible did it correctly? And since you don't have the original writing of the apostles for comparison / verification (most scholars don't believe the councils had the originals), how could anyone possibly know if what you call the bible has any truth at all? You only need to read the writings of the chronicler of the Nicea counsel, Eusebius, to know the original process was completely political, corrupt, and subject to the whims of Constantine, who was a pagan. Determination of which books were included, the translation, and the interpretation was completely subject to his whims.

The Borderland of Sol

#448726 Mar 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That is my favorite!
"My Imaginary Torture-Murder Victim Friend loves you but is going to torture you forever because, well, just because I said so! But, remember, God is so complex that humans can't begin to understand Him, even though I speak for Him all the time and use the immoral dogma to get pretend revenge on people I don't even know because I willingly stay on an Internet forum where I know my ridiculous, immoral beliefs are going to be challenged, eviscerated, and mocked!" - 99.98% of Topix Christians
But you'll get booted off Ray Comfort's FB page if you mention "bananas".

The Borderland of Sol

#448728 Mar 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Try not to drown any kids in the bathtub today, demon-haunted warrior princess for an imaginary torture-murder victim.
Strap 'em in the car instead, and roll it down the boat ramp.

Oh, get out first.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448729 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Whatever the opposition might say, at least it is one of the most original translations to our language from Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, and retains the principles of the day opposed to the adapting to the change in our society and what is deemed acceptable.
The principles of the day. Bind, Torture, Kill Immoral Theology, edited for a homosexual king with a political agenda. You're nuts.

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#448730 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say, I agree with you here... I love school and learning.
The more I learn, the more I hunger for it... Without getting too personal, my passion is History and Science...
I have several interests. I also have a passion for history and philosophy. For nearly 30 years I was an Electronics Engineering Tech for Department of Defense, so I guess you could say I have a love for science as well.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448731 Mar 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Strap 'em in the car instead, and roll it down the boat ramp.
Oh, get out first.
It was amazing how she survived to blame it on an imaginary black man. Christians.

The Borderland of Sol

#448732 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I prefer the KJV.
As with any Bible, the Torah and the Qur'an, the differences are purely doctrinal, and negligible.

If you lot would just get your acts together, you might have some actual influence.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448733 Mar 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>But you'll get booted off Ray Comfort's FB page if you mention "bananas".
Ray likes a couple of nuts below a banana.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#448734 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you would be better off using a bible more closer to the actual time period your believe.

KJV = 1611

Codes Sinaiticus = 4th century
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 16&lid=en&side=r&v erse=8&zoomSlider=0

When you go there, maybe you can answer why Mark 16:9-20 is not included in a bible written 800 years before, but the KJV has it.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448735 Mar 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>They're also an Abomination Unto Nuggin.
Yep. Gacied.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448736 Mar 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Difference Definition...
A point or way in which people or things are not the same.
The state or condition of being dissimilar or unlike.
I realize this is Topix, I am on here for fun, but I will get bored, and move on... You are here for life... How very sad... Lol
ps Don't post me anymore, as you are a waste of my time...:)
<quoted text>
Aaaw - don't be so hard on the poster.
Afterall, the poster claims to scare demons away with just showing up. Isn't that characteristic enough to show they are a bit more powerful than your words?
Why else would demons just continuously show up and then scared away?
;o)
Must be her mug.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448737 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say, I agree with you here... I love school and learning.
The more I learn, the more I hunger for it... Without getting too personal, my passion is History and Science...
Yet you perpetuate your immoral dogma in your demon-haunted imagination.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448739 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
That there are a multitude of your immoral books is tacit proof that your immoral dogma is utter Bulshirt. Just like your demon haunting.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448740 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Feeling tough today I see...Just like you replied to me... I am secure in my faith, and I don't have to back up anything. Btw, it's not a threat, it's a fact.
Maybe you should be responsible for You...
It is not a fact, nitwit. Facts have evidence. It is a silly, childish threat by a demon-haunted warrior princess. Don't drown any possessed babies today, loon.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448741 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Feeling tough today I see...Just like you replied to me... I am secure in my faith, and I don't have to back up anything. Btw, it's not a threat, it's a fact.
Maybe you should be responsible for You...
Faith equals fact? Bwahahahahahahaha. You're insane.

All you have is cultural conditioning, brainwashed by fear of an imaginary torture-murder victim at a young age. You were psychologically abused. It is 2013 and you believe in demons. You are on the verge of utter insanity. Seek help.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448742 Mar 4, 2013
<quoted text>
The Catholic Church did not give use the Bible.
Uh, yes, they did. I can't believe the lengths the deluded will go to lie and obfuscate for their delusion.
Huh

Plano, TX

#448743 Mar 4, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you would be better off using a bible more closer to the actual time period your believe.
KJV = 1611
Codes Sinaiticus = 4th century
http://www.codexsinaiticus.org/en/manuscript.... Query&book=34&chapter= 16&lid=en&side=r&v erse=8&zoomSlider=0
When you go there, maybe you can answer why Mark 16:9-20 is not included in a bible written 800 years before, but the KJV has it.
Cue cut and paste Apologetics 123547.89

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min arrr 26,648
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 685,844
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min MOGA 985,715
News Gov. Abbott suggests 'bathroom bill' is likely ... 1 hr Red Crosse 7
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,292
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 2 hr MOGA 41
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Jake999 619,750
More from around the web