Why I’m no longer a Christian

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#448701 Mar 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> We see this kind of remark all the time....a threat you really don't have any reason to be making since you're not God, and an empty threat which you cannot back up. It's the same old stuff, time and time again.
Maybe you should think about the questions YOU will be asked and what answers you have to them.
Feeling tough today I see...Just like you replied to me... I am secure in my faith, and I don't have to back up anything. Btw, it's not a threat, it's a fact.
Maybe you should be responsible for You...

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#448702 Mar 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo AC,
It has been quite some time. Life is pretty 'round here. Hope it's good your way too.
It's gooda see you again.
It's good to hear from you again. I'm glad to hear life is so good. It ain't bad here either. Now that my wife and I have an empty nest, we'll be moving near Denton where the kids are in school. Between fashion shows for my daughter, concerts for my youngest son, and engineering shows for the oldest, I couldn't stand the four round trip drive from here to UNT!!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#448703 Mar 4, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You insult crocks.
My apologies to the crocks.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448704 Mar 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, dear. Haven't talked to you for quite a while. I sure do miss our conversations.
As do I. It's so good to hear from you. I'll hook up with you on FB next week during spring break and catch up. I hope you and the family are well.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#448705 Mar 4, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection
Even though you are being ornery today, I brought you some Batman coffee...

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#448706 Mar 4, 2013
X,
oops, I forgot the coffee... lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448707 Mar 4, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
How the hell long you been in school?
NO STOMP LEFT BEHIND!
Since I retired, school is my job now. I intend to stay in school until either I learn the sum total of mankind's knowledge or until I die. It keeps my mind fresh and alert and I have so much yet to learn. I don't intend to go out like my dad who did nothing but sit and let his mind turn to jello until, finally he died witless. If I do the same, it won't be for lack of effort on my part.
Gut Stomper

Hermitage, TN

#448708 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's good to hear from you again. I'm glad to hear life is so good. It ain't bad here either. Now that my wife and I have an empty nest, we'll be moving near Denton where the kids are in school. Between fashion shows for my daughter, concerts for my youngest son, and engineering shows for the oldest, I couldn't stand the four round trip drive from here to UNT!!!
Why don't you just out yourself in one freaking post.

STOMPELATION!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#448709 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Feeling tough today I see...Just like you replied to me... I am secure in my faith, and I don't have to back up anything. Btw, it's not a threat, it's a fact.
"Maybe you should be responsible for You"

huh?! weren't you just trying to tell me that only christians are responsible for good behavior???

i think you need to figure out your theology and come back when you get things straight. this ain't for the faint of heart up in here & us vets got things covered:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#448711 Mar 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?! weren't you just trying to tell me that only christians are responsible for good behavior???
i think you need to figure out your theology and come back when you get things straight. this ain't for the faint of heart up in here & us vets got things covered:)
Oh be quiet. Playing both sides is so desperate and typical of you..... Pick one, and stay there. Now stop posting me, or I will be forced to call Kate to put you in your place... Lol

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#448712 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact - the quality of being actual : actuality <a question of fact hinges on evidence> : something that has actual existence : an actual occurrence : a piece of information presented as having objective reality (Merriam - Webster)

Not a threat, it's a fact? If your scriptures were based on fact, no one would doubt. Christian faith is the antithesis of fact. Paul himself said:

"Now faith is the substance of things HOPED for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

Your faith, something HOPED for, lacks the quality of having actual existence or objective reality.

Christian faith is oil and fact is water, and they don't mix.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#448713 Mar 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, she went after me first...

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#448714 Mar 4, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>

The NIV likely is the most blatantly perverted from original scripture.
http://www.libchrist.com/bible/niv.html
I agree. I prefer the KJV.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#448715 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh be quiet. Playing both sides is so desperate and typical of you..... Pick one, and stay there. Now stop posting me, or I will be forced to call Kate to put you in your place... Lol
you're the one who took sides against me, hon, so now i know from where you're coming from.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#448716 Mar 4, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, she went after me first...
i've been here for YEARS, girl, and yet YOU had the nerve to assume who started what between kait & i???

you might want to cut your losses and apologize....i'm just say'n:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#448717 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I intend to stay in school until either I learn the sum total of mankind's knowledge or until I die. It keeps my mind fresh and alert and I have so much yet to learn.
I will say, I agree with you here... I love school and learning.
The more I learn, the more I hunger for it... Without getting too personal, my passion is History and Science...

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#448718 Mar 4, 2013
Sourgirl wrote:
I read your story and I myself have a very similiar story and view. I am now realizing its all in your head and how you treat others. Theres nothing external about beliefs. Its blasphemous to say your not christian in the area Im from they will downright call you a witch and shun you.. what kind of religion is a good one if they treat people who disagree with them like this? Bravo I am moved by your admission and hope I can also soon accept that I am not a christian either.. Im more of a spiritualist.
Way to go SG....welcome to the club!

:o)

And I think you are on the right path - it is a spiritual, internal belief that we choose on our own.

Those who say that they have done this are much more honest than those who claim to be a so-called "Christian".

It is within, even Jesus said so....
"to know yourself is to know the kingdom of heaven."
http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Cheers!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#448719 Mar 4, 2013
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact - the quality of being actual : actuality <a question of fact hinges on evidence> : something that has actual existence : an actual occurrence : a piece of information presented as having objective reality (Merriam - Webster)
Not a threat, it's a fact? If your scriptures were based on fact, no one would doubt. Christian faith is the antithesis of fact. Paul himself said:
"Now faith is the substance of things HOPED for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1
Your faith, something HOPED for, lacks the quality of having actual existence or objective reality.
Christian faith is oil and fact is water, and they don't mix.
Yes, Paul is correct... Also, nice to see someone quotes from MW, instead of Wiki... 1615

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#448720 Mar 4, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Talk to me on FB and I'll give you any info you need if you'd like to do so. What a great idea!
RAmen!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#448721 Mar 4, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i've been here for YEARS, girl, and yet YOU had the nerve to assume who started what between kait & i???
you might want to cut your losses and apologize....i'm just say'n:)
Lol...BWahahahahahahahahahahah aha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Mnbvc 30,864
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min Wardaddy99 987,315
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Berzerkers 286,543
Anthony Bragg 1 hr Eyes open Smh 29
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 1 hr USSF 184
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr KENTUCKY CATHOLIC 687,223
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 5
More from around the web