Why I’m no longer a Christian
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#448184 Mar 1, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
In the other scenario, a person surrenders, or trusts Jesus for salvation and HE transforms the person, permanently. It is an irrevocable, unchangeable, forever state of being saved.
"And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish".
Sounds interesting.
But here's the scoop.
No one really knows what this early 1st c. rebel had to say.
No one ever kept any records of his quotations.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#448185 Mar 1, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
A gift to you clownie since you are a fan of Paul...
They even have a picture of him. The camera seems a little out of focus but what do you expect...it was 2000 years ago!
(don't worry...it is a Christian site...I wouldn't send you something that would be inappropriate).
http://www.welcometohosanna.com/PAULS_MISSION...
Thanks Annie! I will dig into it... looks interesting

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#448186 Mar 1, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, the hypocrisy. You're the narcissist, not me. And you know little of my God because it requires something you don't possess. Faith.
At least you admit yuour god-being is unique. Of course that only adds to the confusion for the rest of us. It also confirms what we already know...the 38,000+ cults/divisions of christianity continue to grow and with each there are multiple visions of what the god-being should be and none of the cults/divisions can confirm their claim.
Your religion is the definition of "Divided we fall" as it keeps creating new god-beings for each of it's believers.
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#448187 Mar 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
bait the trap tenderly
lol...ok

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448188 Mar 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Beware of any religion that presupposes that humans are evil and then provides the only escape from this imaginary prison.
Fortunately, no one actually needs forgiveness from any mythical deity.
dead wrong
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#448189 Mar 1, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Says you. How irrelevant.
LOL
Do you really think that I based my conclusion without first researching?
Come on, sir/ma'am, I'm >not< a christian.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448190 Mar 1, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
chapter and verse
please
lol
I believe in God! If you don't, that is your business At the end of our lives we will see who is right, and, who is wrong. Let's flip a coin yup you lose again karl...
high beam

Upper Darby, PA

#448191 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the deal - compared to God, we are sick, evil scumbags, but He made a Way for us to be forgiven even still. but, if you prefer your sick evil standard of righteousness better than His Goodness, may that rest on your head for all eternity, DOG.
here's the deal - you've been dealt 4 jokers.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#448192 Mar 1, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Beware of any religion that presupposes that humans are evil and then provides the only escape from this imaginary prison.
Fortunately, no one actually needs forgiveness from any mythical deity.
BAM!!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#448193 Mar 1, 2013
Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face. The Bible can touch hearts, order minds and refresh souls." Ronald Reagan

My favorite Prez

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#448194 Mar 1, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the deal - you've been dealt 4 jokers.
here's the deal - i luv yur 'high beams' but not your theology;)

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#448195 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
things are just getting more wonderful all the time in this our evolved human environment! kindergarden teachers coming to work strapped for protection, homosexuals marrying and adopting children....i can't wait to see what it all will look like in another 50 years should the Lord tarry!
"as it was in the days of sodom...."
How long will it be before we start seeing your "Harold Camping" website to send money to??

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#448196 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i thought we were gonna try to be friends:(
be yourself in here, hon. don't be tempted to be a hater just for the approval of the majority:)
Again the christian brings up "hate" and refuses to accept the fact that disagreement does not constitute hate therefore no persecution points can be earned.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#448197 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a work in progress just like the rest of us. pigeon-holing yourself into some set ideology is not conducive to being objective to the correct information should it come your way;)
There is no Logic to this comment what so ever.

“SPEBSQSA”

Maryland

#448198 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the deal - i luv yur 'high beams' but not your theology;)
Of course you do...now go tell your wife that...if you dare.
I thought Adultry included lusting for another woman.
I know, I know, you're gonna go pray for forgiveness and it will be all better...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#448199 Mar 1, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you do...now go tell your wife that...if you dare.
I thought Adultry included lusting for another woman.
I know, I know, you're gonna go pray for forgiveness and it will be all better...
maybe we could ALL use some forgiveness? just put'n the thought out there to be kicked around a lil.....;)
Gut Stomper

Cherokee, NC

#448200 Mar 1, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
BAM!!!!
Another deck of playing cards bite the dust?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#448201 Mar 1, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
okay sis, you're better than me too. i don't know what you trust in for your goodness, but i trust in Christ;)
Waaasssuupp, I'm not better than anyone. I prefer to be humble, but I will stand up for what's right if I am asked a question.

With that being said, and IMHO... How can you say some of the things you say to Kate, regardless of what she says to you. Between my friends and family, you wouldn't see tomorrow's daylight if you spoke to me like that. I'm trying not to judge you, for your fate is not up to me, but words have power, and are hurtful. Why don't you tape yourself, play it back, and see how it sounds...

W, When you claim to be a Christian, and then the next word out of your mouth is vile and vulgar, what do you expect folks to think.

If you really love God, as you say, then you need to re-access your own actions, before you blame Kate, or anyone else for that matter, for you short comings. Kate is only defending herself, and rightly so... You are responsible for 'YOU'
God knows your heart W., he can't be fooled...
Gut Stomper

Cherokee, NC

#448202 Mar 1, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Nearly 100,000 posts and it ain't about you? Overruled.
Pegged.
Gut Stomper

Cherokee, NC

#448203 Mar 1, 2013
And STOMPED!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min VIKING 56,063
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Michael 649,834
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 7 min Malone 70,226
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 46 min bagoonis 145
Leslie Van Houten's parole hearing August 2009 (Jul '09) 1 hr ted 1,585
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 281,473
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Ooogah Boogah 972,385
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web