“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#447465 Feb 27, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I showed the dates, and Paul was not yet dead. You keep saying these things but offer no supporting documentation as I do. Maybe some people are naive enough to believe each and every word you post, but I'm sure not.
"there is significant scholarly disagreement about the degree to which the portrait of Paul in Acts is consistent with or quite different from the radical Paul of the genuine letters. Acts reports much that Paul痴 letters do not. This is not surprising nor particularly significant, given the different literary genres. However, when there is overlap between Acts and the letters, Acts is sometimes consistent with the letters and sometimes not, making it difficult to assess the historical accuracy of Acts when there is no overlap."

http://www.johndominiccrossan.com/The%20First...
Gut Stomper

Winchester, TN

#447467 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't teach English.
Your life must really suck to be so jealous of me.
You don't teach Hebrew, either. Or, ancient literature...

Stick with teaching about Tandy 1000's and Commodore 64's.

Go compile a kernel.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#447468 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Luke/Acts does not purport to be an eyewitness acccount. They basically start with"
"Hello Theo! I have been hearing similar stories too. I have enclosed some the stories I have heard here to verifiy that it is not a phenomena specific to your location."
Also. Seeing as it relates things that occured after Paul was dead, it wasn't written by him...unless he was resurected as well. The author doesn't even seem to know that Paul is dead.
<quoted text>
Didn't we go through that Paul is daed thing with the Beatles also?
Remember all the symbolisms in the pictures and lyrics??
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#447469 Feb 27, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
No can do.
The muscles and exaggerated codpiece go with the suit.
LOL
I understand
Somewhat like the inseparable Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello, Ten Speed & Brownshoe, Pierpogies and Sour Cream and, oh yes, the most important one of all:
Fundamentalist christianity and ignorance of their own bible.
:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#447470 Feb 27, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you're not very bright?
Now show us all, if you will, a reference to the polar ice caps in that book written by desert nomads which you call the Bible.
Hell, they thought that snow was kept in a box in the bubble.
well the flood part is clearly in the Book, but not so much the specifics of what happened to the water afterwards;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#447471 Feb 27, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
beamers is fine with me.
However, here is where you're wrong.
Prior to the debut of monotheism by a certain small nomadic group of people, polytheism was understood and practiced worldwide, including by the father of Judaism, Abram.
To say that one does not comprehend or possess a certain type of cosmic deity is simply ludicrous and reflects total ignorance on their part.
huh?! we should stick to discussing your anatomy cuz you plumb lost me on your thought here:)
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#447472 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
It's called trust.
Do I trust some eye-witness accounts...,or you?
Trust? Eyewitness accounts?
I'm afraid not...lol
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#447473 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
And then there are the Dead Sea Scrolls which were NOT written by King James..., or you.
Now that is true
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#447474 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see... 6000 years of Judean history, or some stranger on the internet... Hmmmmmmmmmm...
Really tough choice...
6 thousand years of Judaic history?
Now that is really hilarious.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#447475 Feb 27, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that anyone who knows you thinks that you have read any of these books.
I'd bet a quarter that while you may have a few Josh McDowell books lying around, and don't realize that he's a lawyer not a biblical scholar, you have no idea who the rest 'o them good ole boys is.
I bet you ain't read none of these

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#447476 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know I'm under the power of Satan? Did you ask him?
because of your evil post! and hate of the gospel of Jesus Christ...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#447477 Feb 27, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I must bring to your attention that prior to the ms. of Genesis, the oldest document thus so far in existence states that a singular god was not totally responsible for the unravelling of the physical universe.
This
'masterpiece' that you mention is merely an offshoot of this said cuneiform tablet of Mesopotamia which dates to approx. 3,000 BC vs. the Hebrew one which dates no earlier than 1,000 BC.
Do you visualize the big picture here?
it never ceases to amaze me how some folks will believe ANYTHING as long as it's anti-Christ/God and nothing if it's either objective regarding God/Bible or (god-forbid) pro-faith!

here's the dealio, friend: believing in God's Christ is a moral choice as much or more than it is choice based on the information that's available on the subject. the objective information on the subject should be enough for anyone, but embracing it means also coming to grips with our responsibilities to Someone above and beyond ourselves and THAT'S a committment relatively few seem willing to negotiate:)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#447478 Feb 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well the flood part is clearly in the Book, but not so much the specifics of what happened to the water afterwards;)
So no mention of the polar ice caps.

Thanks again for showing folks that you really don't know what the book says.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#447479 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Stolen from: http://www.letusreason.org/Doct63.htm
You don't know anything. You just C&P and play make believe....just like your religion.
<quoted text>
That page knows alot very good teaching !!! atheist like you live on atheist web sites! you will be seeing more

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#447480 Feb 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
'judge not lest you be judged'!
why does it seem that the so-called 'liberal-minded' and anti-god people are really the most self-righteous and accusatory at heart?
question for the group to discuss, maybe?
Nice try at deflection once again. The issue is whether your wife would approve of your comments about another woman's breasts and your desire to examine them.
Good thing you are at work so she can't look over your shoulder and see the behavior you exhibit huh??
No wonder you only post from work. I bet she has no idea what you post here and the sexual implications you make.

What a typical christian you are.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#447481 Feb 27, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
There's no such thing as USED TO BE a christain. In other words,if you're not saved tonight,you were NEVER saved to begin with.
You mean something like:
Once a christian, always a christian and if you are no longer a christian you never were one?

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#447482 Feb 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
'judge not lest you be judged'- isn't that y'all smarmy folks' favorite verse?;)
The point is and was you are doing things behind your wife's back that are wrong, bordering on adultry.
Your dishonesty and deflection are world class but still a failure.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#447483 Feb 27, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't we go through that Paul is daed thing with the Beatles also?
Remember all the symbolisms in the pictures and lyrics??
Acts relates everything including Paul's arrest in Rome except his execution.

If Paul wrote Acts then he wasn't executed and another Christian myth collapses.

Any way one looks at Christianity and their interpretations of the Bible it collapses. They tear down one pillar to shore up another thinking no one will notice.

“Selected Marksman”

Northern Virginia

#447484 Feb 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
come out of her, thou unclean spirit! kait is mine!:)
Next thing you'll tell her is you can raise her from the dead...
Those "unclean spirits" can be a real challenge huh??

Whatta Hoot!!
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#447485 Feb 27, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it never ceases to amaze me how some folks will believe ANYTHING as long as it's anti-Christ/God and nothing if it's either objective regarding God/Bible or (god-forbid) pro-faith!
What never ceases to amaze me is of the refusal and denial to accept verifiable documentation when it is presented.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min It aint necessari... 773,456
Why black people smell like poop (Nov '11) 49 min Politically Incor... 25
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 558,855
IRA fading away, analysts say (Sep '08) 1 hr rock white 14
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr arabian 5,492
kelly bright 3 hr bigbadwolf91869 1
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 3 hr Sniper II 95
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr AussieBobby 264,978
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Catcher1 175,509
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr lil whispers 604,737