Why I’m no longer a Christian

“YouCan't Throw MeTo The Wolves”

Since: May 10

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#447378 Feb 26, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really.
All you have to do is present your data on the cosmology process.
You did say that you had the understanding of the unravelling of the cosmos, did you not?
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
yes! "...God created the heavens and the earth"
No he didn't. That's just your buybull bullshit.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>how in the blazes else could this elaborate masterpiece and all of its intricate details have gotten here???
You need simple answers for your simple mind, don't you?

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#447379 Feb 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you! My Jesus is alive I talk to him everyday...
You'd better sew one of his eyes back on.

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#447381 Feb 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=4jQekZs44N0XX
The link doesn't work.

"THEY COME WHEN I CALL"

#447382 Feb 26, 2013
Yes it does; never mind.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#447383 Feb 26, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. So it can't be used to Prove Paul is God's appointed messenger.
ROFLMAO

One can use crap smeared on a toilet stall to "prove" Paul is anything one wants.

Such is the nature of insanity.
But Pumper

United States

#447385 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
Hip epitomizes the arrogance of the Topix poster who assumes he resides in that deep, safe cushion of his self-perceived anonymity. I like toying with that idea. I wonder if he would own up, or just bury his fears in repeated denials...
You only find him arrogant because he doesn't believe as you do and you can not refute his substantive and intelligent refutations of your imaginary friend. In fact, you dont even attempt to, opting for ad hominem every time. If Hip brought the same level of articulation as a Christian, you'd be all in. You know it. I know it. Try to be honest about it. Whatever wiseass red herring reply you have to this post doesn't change that fact.
Gut Stomper

Niota, TN

#447386 Feb 27, 2013
He was here for unethical and possibly illegal reasons yesterday.
Ask him to be honest!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#447387 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 11:26
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
No Christians till Antioch.
READ the Bible. THEN talk about it.
It's THAT simple.
Sure.

And there were no Pandas until 1936

You're a retard.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#447388 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
He was here for unethical and possibly illegal reasons yesterday.
Just like you do everyday.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#447389 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts wasn't written by Paul, you're a moron.
The popular opinion of Luke? The popular opinion is not always correct. No one knows positively who wrote it, and that includes you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#447392 Feb 27, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
The popular opinion of Luke? The popular opinion is not always correct. No one knows positively who wrote it, and that includes you.
We know who DIDN'T write it though.

And it wan't Luke or Paul.

Topix Badlands

#447394 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Who Wrote The Book Of Acts

This is a good question, and to be truthful, I will say that the Lukan Authorship of Acts is more of an opinion than a fact. Though, it is a strongly believed and supported opinion. First, it must be pointed out that the structure and language used in the book of Acts indicates that it was written by the same author as the gospel of Luke. Both books were written to the same person, "Theophilus". Plus, the book of Acts starts off by referring to the author's previous work, which by its description strongly appears to be a reference to the gospel of Luke. Another reason for accepting the Lukan authorship is found in the evidence that it was written by a physician, which Luke was (Colossians 4:14). Lastly, the author identified himself, through his use of the word "we", as being not only an eyewitness but a companion of the Apostle Paul, which we know to be true from such passages as Colossians 4:9-17, and Philemon 23-24. However, the strongest case is the support of the early church fathers that unanimously attribute the authorship of the book of Acts to Luke.

http://www.modernpapyrus.org/qanda/acts.html

The Book of Acts was likely written between 61-64 A.D.

Paul was beheaded in 67 A.D.

Luke was the only Apostle that died peacefully as an old man in 74 A.D.

So, what is you reasoning for neither of them being able to have written the book?

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#447395 Feb 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>Do you actually think you will plead your case in a court of law on judgment day? Judgment day is for you to hear your sentence and for you to be cartwheeled over the edge of the abyss by the angel.
Those who die without Christ go directly to hell. There are people who have been burning there for centuries.
Born-again Christians (not Catholics) go to be with Jesus until the 7 years of tribulation and the thousand-year reign are over. Then all the redeemed will spend all eternity in a real heaven. Then all the lost people will be thrown into the lake of fire with Satan for all eternity.
You are not awaiting judgment day. You have already been judged a guilty sinner and you do not have the Son. He that hath not the Son of God hath not life, and is condemned already.
another big ol religigasm there dusty.

seems your torture worm is not getting the job done.

go to your nearest adult toy store, by yourself the biggest dildo they have and a lifetime supply of batteries, take it home and go to town.

you will be much more sexually sated!!!!!!!!!!

in case of rapture.......can i have your car? sans the christurd bumper stickers!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#447398 Feb 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You desperately want to convince yourself of that by convincing others.
Problem is: You haven't.
Neither have you

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#447399 Feb 27, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>For just one minute, open your mind to the possiblity that there could be a hell where older children, teenagers, and old people go.
all the people who don't think like you dusty?!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#447400 Feb 27, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Who Wrote The Book Of Acts
This is a good question, and to be truthful, I will say that the Lukan Authorship of Acts is more of an opinion than a fact. Though, it is a strongly believed and supported opinion. First, it must be pointed out that the structure and language used in the book of Acts indicates that it was written by the same author as the gospel of Luke. Both books were written to the same person, "Theophilus". Plus, the book of Acts starts off by referring to the author's previous work, which by its description strongly appears to be a reference to the gospel of Luke. Another reason for accepting the Lukan authorship is found in the evidence that it was written by a physician, which Luke was (Colossians 4:14). Lastly, the author identified himself, through his use of the word "we", as being not only an eyewitness but a companion of the Apostle Paul, which we know to be true from such passages as Colossians 4:9-17, and Philemon 23-24. However, the strongest case is the support of the early church fathers that unanimously attribute the authorship of the book of Acts to Luke.
http://www.modernpapyrus.org/qanda/acts.html
The Book of Acts was likely written between 61-64 A.D.
Paul was beheaded in 67 A.D.
Luke was the only Apostle that died peacefully as an old man in 74 A.D.
So, what is you reasoning for neither of them being able to have written the book?
Great Post! Janitor,

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#447401 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your concern. I'd rather spend eternity in the fires of Hell than with a bunch of stupid people like you.
^5

as an atheist, i believe in life BEFORE death!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#447402 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
For a peep to deny Paul they must deny the record contained in the Book of Acts (which is accurately called the Acts of the apostles) and all of early church history. Justin Martyr quotes Paul (100-16 ad). Polycarp quotes Paul. Iranaeus who was a disciple of Polycarp quotes Paul over 200 times.

Thanks be to God for Paul

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#447404 Feb 27, 2013
2 Peter 3:15-16:“and account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation-- as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures” Notice that Peter equates Paul’s letters as Scripture.

John bears witness to Paul being an apostle as he writes the words of Jesus- Revelation 2:2:“I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil. And you have tested those who say they are apostles and are not, and have found them liars.” The Ephesus church was watched over by Paul, he was not found to be a liar, but a true apostle.

All this tells me G is dumb to the word of God

Topix Badlands

#447405 Feb 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Great Post! Janitor,
Thank you TTC. I've noticed a certain person or more here tend to disagree with most everything we believe but seldom come up up with any valid evidence in opposition. Kind of reminds me of kids that say "Cause I said so".

May your day be blessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min ROCCO 866,136
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min USA Born 600,239
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 25 min RiccardoFire 40,923
Gay sex in raigarh 41 min Deepak 16
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min onemale 272,469
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 2,134
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 1 hr imr 48
More from around the web