Why I’m no longer a Christian

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#447520 Feb 27, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it had something to do with the bare feet or the black rose, or the...walrus!!!
turn me on dead man, turn me on dead man.....

“The future begins”

every moment

#447521 Feb 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the egg man.
trivia - didja ever hear John say where this came from? Seems Eric Burdon had some thing about doin' the nasty with an egg in between. The thing was not to break the egg, so it goes....

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#447522 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts relates everything including Paul's arrest in Rome except his execution.
If Paul wrote Acts then he wasn't executed and another Christian myth collapses.
Any way one looks at Christianity and their interpretations of the Bible it collapses. They tear down one pillar to shore up another thinking no one will notice.
That's the problem with building on a foundation of sand...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#447523 Feb 27, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>trivia - didja ever hear John say where this came from? Seems Eric Burdon had some thing about doin' the nasty with an egg in between. The thing was not to break the egg, so it goes....
Never heard that...

And what is the fun of doin' the nasty if you're not going to be bumping bellies? Isn't that the whole point?

Since: Jul 08

Astoria, NY

#447524 Feb 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>....
I believe every word Paul preached...
Of course you do, clown.

Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord.

-- 1 Thessalonians 4:17

But unfortunately for you, Paul's a proven liar.

“The future begins”

every moment

#447525 Feb 27, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard that...
And what is the fun of doin' the nasty if you're not going to be bumping bellies? Isn't that the whole point?
no doubt there was something tantric about it....

Astoria, NY

#447526 Feb 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>May I suggest
Books anybody can read on how the canon was assembled in the history of the early church:
F.F. Bruce-
Josh McDowell-
That you would mix a scholarly apologist like Bruce with a hack like McDowell shows your ignorance.

They do have one thing in common: They're both a hoot.

I recommend F.F. Bruce's apology concerning the Testimonium Flavianum: Josephus was making a joke.

That's a hoot.

Astoria, NY

#447527 Feb 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Neither have you
I don't want to convince folks Jesus is alive: As you well know, goofy, he's dead.

“The future begins”

every moment

#447528 Feb 27, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do, clown.
Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord.
-- 1 Thessalonians 4:17
But unfortunately for you, Paul's a proven liar.
This is one of my favorites. Paul gets 'em all stirred up, they're all ready for the imminent 2nd Coming,'cos Paul said so, yaknow, right there. 2 Thessalonians is written to say, "Now hold on thar. There's uh, this other stuff that has to happen first. Yeah, that's the ticket. Other weird stuff, you know, this vague eschatological stuff.....what? You don't know what that means? Don't sweat it, it's arcane madness, but the point is, don't get so excited. Just carry on, do what we told ya, and be ready."

And they're still waiting.....

Astoria, NY

#447529 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is the "finest place to learn"?
Please. Are you SERIOUS?
Wait. You're not kidding. OMG!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I think I'll try a good graduate school when the time comes.
But, hey, if this is your level of intelligence, that's OK with me. Go for it. And may the Google be with you.
It's a great place for fools such as you to learn.

It's not Harvard, UNC, or Princeton.

But you couldn't get accepted at those schools anyway.

So you'll have to get schooled here -- as you regularly do.

“The future begins”

every moment

#447530 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is the "finest place to learn"?
Please. Are you SERIOUS?
Wait. You're not kidding. OMG!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I think I'll try a good graduate school when the time comes.
But, hey, if this is your level of intelligence, that's OK with me. Go for it. And may the Google be with you.
>griiiin<

pretty transparent dude. You already responded to this once, with your usual hackneyed drivel, then you went and pouted awhile, and come back to respond again. Rent's due, suckah....

Astoria, NY

#447531 Feb 27, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>This is one of my favorites. Paul gets 'em all stirred up, they're all ready for the imminent 2nd Coming,'cos Paul said so, yaknow, right there. 2 Thessalonians is written to say, "Now hold on thar. There's uh, this other stuff that has to happen first. Yeah, that's the ticket. Other weird stuff, you know, this vague eschatological stuff.....what? You don't know what that means? Don't sweat it, it's arcane madness, but the point is, don't get so excited. Just carry on, do what we told ya, and be ready."
And they're still waiting.....
...and waiting ... and waiting.

-- Casablanca

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#447540 Feb 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't deny being rude and crude to you; you *earned* it. Unlike you, I have no problems with being honest.
<quoted text>
Which is about 98% lies, but do continue.
<quoted text>
Because you were insulting and condescending to me. But you see nothing wrong with that, because you see yourself as "forgiven," so you don't think you have to change your behavior. But you aren't.
<quoted text>
You instigated it, asshole; I slung it back. You did't like that. And now you're playing the victim again, as you always do, in a lame attempt to score persecution points.
<quoted text>
Oh, there's evil, all right; you and your religion are fine representatives of it. As for "sin," that's a christian concept; since I'm not a christian, it does not apply to me.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
step back and take a look at what you're writing and if you're at all conscientious, you may want to apologize:)
Let me make certain I'm reading you clearly.

You were insulting and condescending to me, you see nothing wrong with it because you tell yourself you're "forgiven" by your phony savior/god, you refuse to change, and you are now telling me that if I'm at all conscientious *I* should apologize to *you*??

You get to shit all over me because you're a christian, and then you expect *ME* to apologize because you're a christian.

Fuck.

You.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#447541 Feb 27, 2013
More sexual innuendo from a "good christian."
And then you wonder why I find you to be so vile...
<quoted text>
Do *I* say "Thou shalt not steal," and then steal from my boss?
Do *I* say "Thou shalt not commit adultery," and then flirt with anonymous internet posters?
You're the hypocrite, and there's nothing "cute" about you.
You make me sick with your god damned, holier-than-thou, sanctimonious hypocrisy.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! a cute lil hypocrite and a VERY self-righteous one too!;)
You shit all over the ten commandments that you tell me to obey, and then call *ME* a hypocrite.

You sanctimonious piece of shit.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#447542 Feb 27, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote <quote>:
And once again, you're telling yourself, "I don't have to live by the same standards that I tell the rest of you to live by."
Can you remind us all what your buybull says about adultery? Even if it's only committed in the heart and mind?
No?
Gee, what a surprise...not. <end quote>
Gutless christian.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
come out of her, thou unclean spirit! kait is mine!:)
Now you think I belong to you; how arrogant can you get?

You do realize, don't you, that *YOU* are the one who's responsible for the way you get treated? Are you *really* too fucking stupid to learn from your mistakes?
duststorm

League City, TX

#447546 Feb 27, 2013
More sexual innuendo from a "good christian."
And then you wonder why I find you to be so vile...
<quoted text>
Do *I* say "Thou shalt not steal," and then steal from my boss?
Do *I* say "Thou shalt not commit adultery," and then flirt with anonymous internet posters?
You're the hypocrite, and there's nothing "cute" about you.
You make me sick with your god damned, holier-than-thou, sanctimonious hypocrisy.
<quoted text>
You shit all over the ten commandments that you tell me to obey, and then call *ME* a hypocrite.
You sanctimonious piece of shit.
Reported to
Topix

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#447547 Feb 27, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I must bring to your attention that prior to the ms. of Genesis, the oldest document thus so far in existence states that a singular god was not totally responsible for the unravelling of the physical universe.
This
'masterpiece' that you mention is merely an offshoot of this said cuneiform tablet of Mesopotamia which dates to approx. 3,000 BC vs. the Hebrew one which dates no earlier than 1,000 BC.
Do you visualize the big picture here?
You're not going to get through to him. He does not answer to logic and reason; he has SuperJesus in him, and that's all he cares about. As long as he believes he has SuperJesus in him, he'll do whatever the hell he wants.

“The future begins”

every moment

#447548 Feb 27, 2013
>griiin< Occupy Git-Stimpy's Head >griiin<

Gawd dayam it's filthy up in here....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#447549 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
I'm not here to argue.
I'm not here to learn.
Not here to make friends.
I'm here to mock you.
To laugh at you.
I enjoy doing that. And, you make it easy.
You people are so stupid. Trapped. Blind. Powerless. Helpless.
The world is chock full of stupid losers like you. And here, well, I get to tell you all about it.
You are fakes. Admitted fakes.
You are liars. Proven liars.
Dumbass people pretending they are the smartest people in the world. Not just Topix. THE WORLD.
THAT IS HILARIOUS, FRIGHTENING, AND MIND-BOGGLING!
At the least, simply the most fun I can have at stupid people's expense.
Thanks for all the laughs. I always look forward to our time together.
Yea, there are wards of people like you who laugh by themselves for no apparent reason.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#447551 Feb 27, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
beamers is fine with me.
However, here is where you're wrong.
Prior to the debut of monotheism by a certain small nomadic group of people, polytheism was understood and practiced worldwide, including by the father of Judaism, Abram.
To say that one does not comprehend or possess a certain type of cosmic deity is simply ludicrous and reflects total ignorance on their part.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
huh?! we should stick to discussing your anatomy cuz you plumb lost me on your thought here:)
She went right over your flat little head, didn't she?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Jedi Mind Master 977,156
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Rider on the Storm 87,809
The Future of Politics in America 7 min It aint necessari... 117
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 18 min Dan sky 12
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 24 min Truthiness 405
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 34 min gundee123 1,206
Bruce Lee practising Wing Chun in San Francisco 40 min andrewsmith85 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr MARKOTHUMEA 665,064
More from around the web