Why I’m no longer a Christian
Gut Stomper

Rockford, TN

#447423 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What does inspired by God mean?
Well, you know how you're inspired by Satan to post here?
Same thing... just with tablets and parchment.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#447425 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you know how you're inspired by Satan to post here?
Same thing... just with tablets and parchment.
Satan is mythology also. What is your point?
Sammy

Gray, KY

#447426 Feb 27, 2013
Send Tkach and sin city (Las-Vegas) good weather don't you God?. Send them good warm weather don't you?. I bet you did you Spirit crossing Twirt. Give them BJ's don't you God!!!.
carefulconsidera tion

Howell, MI

#447428 Feb 27, 2013
i gotta say something.. only white atheists have any real morals i read an article about Asian atheists burning Asian christians Asian atheists have no morals..

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#447429 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
What does inspired by God mean?
you're dumb

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#447430 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
May I suggest you see what Joseph Campbell says about the origin of myth which is behind the Bible and what is commonly referred too as "inspired by God."
Some of the earliest examples of such written inspiration were the Vedas. These were said to have been inspired directly by God through those who were capable of "hearing." Originally these were hymns and passed orally. Later they were written in a form of Sanskrit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedas
May I suggest
Books anybody can read on how the canon was assembled in the history of the early church:

F.F. Bruce- The Books and the Parchments

L. Berkhof- The History of Christian Doctrines

Harry Bettenson- Documents of the Christian Church

L. Gaussen- Theopnesustia

N. Geisler and W. E. Nix-General Introduction to the Bible

J. Harrell- The Bible its origin and growth

Howard Clark Kee- Understanding the New Testament

Herbert Lockyer- All the Apostles of the Bible

J.N. D. Kelly- Early Christian Doctrines

Josh McDowell- Evidence that demands a Verdict pt.1 and 2

J.P. Lange- Commentary on the Holy Scriptures

C. Leupold- Exposition of Ecclesiastes

B. B. Warfield- The Inspiration and Authority of the Bible

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#447431 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul is the antichrist.
You are a loon.
"The Hobbit proves that Harry Potter is real."
Paul taught “For you are all children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 2:8-10 tells us that it is by grace through faith that we are saved, not because Paul wrote it but because this is indeed the gospel. This is the means that is used to become a child of God. There is no other way.“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast”(Eph. 2:8-9).

I believe every word Paul preached...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#447432 Feb 27, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is mythology also. What is your point?
you know this how??

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#447433 Feb 27, 2013
Luke/Acts does not purport to be an eyewitness acccount. They basically start with"

"Hello Theo! I have been hearing similar stories too. I have enclosed some the stories I have heard here to verifiy that it is not a phenomena specific to your location."

Also. Seeing as it relates things that occured after Paul was dead, it wasn't written by him...unless he was resurected as well. The author doesn't even seem to know that Paul is dead.
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I must need to repeat this. This is a good question, and to be truthful, I will say that the Lukan Authorship of Acts is more of an opinion than a fact. Though, it is a strongly believed and supported opinion. First, it must be pointed out that the structure and language used in the book of Acts indicates that it was written by the same author as the gospel of Luke. Both books were written to the same person, "Theophilus". Plus, the book of Acts starts off by referring to the author's previous work, which by its description strongly appears to be a reference to the gospel of Luke. Another reason for accepting the Lukan authorship is found in the evidence that it was written by a physician, which Luke was (Colossians 4:14). Lastly, the author identified himself, through his use of the word "we", as being not only an eyewitness but a companion of the Apostle Paul, which we know to be true from such passages as Colossians 4:9-17, and Philemon 23-24. However, the strongest case is the support of the early church fathers that unanimously attribute the authorship of the book of Acts to Luke.
http://www.modernpapyrus.org/qanda/acts.html
The most direct evidence comes from the prefaces of each book. Both prefaces are addressed to Theophilus, the author's patron—and perhaps a label for a Christian community as a whole as the name means "Lover of God".
These were first interpreted by Irenaeus as evidence that the writer was a personal eyewitness of these events, and a companion of Paul on his travels; the traditional Luke. http://en.wikipedia.org
I stated to begin with that it is uncertain who wrote Acts. G stated it impossible that it was Luke or Paul. I stated it was not impossible to to feasible timelines. Do try to keep up. Thanks.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#447434 Feb 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>...not because Paul wrote it but because this is indeed the gospel.....
So Paul's word is better than Jesus'.

Yes. We understand you think Paul is God.

Fel free to continue to piss on Jesus.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#447435 Feb 27, 2013
Stolen from: http://www.letusreason.org/Doct63.htm

You don't know anything. You just C&P and play make believe....just like your religion.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>May I suggest
Books anybody can read on how the canon was assembled in the history of the early church:
Gut Stomper

Rockford, TN

#447438 Feb 27, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So Paul's word is better than Jesus'.
Yes. We understand you think Paul is God.
Fel free to continue to piss on Jesus.
"Fel" free to piss on Spelling, professor.

STOMP! STOMP!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#447439 Feb 27, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I must need to repeat this. This is a good question, and to be truthful, I will say that the Lukan Authorship of Acts is more of an opinion than a fact. Though, it is a strongly believed and supported opinion.

2. The most direct evidence comes from the prefaces of each book.

3. These were first interpreted by Irenaeus as evidence ...
1. Incorrect. Lukan authorship is a small minority opinion. There is no support, just propaganda. The majority view is the Two-Source Theory. You have either been taught wrong, or you are dishonest.

2. The common prefaces of the books suggest common authorship, not Lukan authorship, silly Christian.

3. Irenaeus wrote about 180 CE, a bishop of Lyons, France. Vive la France. That is about a hundred years or so after authorship. A Hundred years. A C-note. Ten decades. One Joan Rivers.

Now why did Irenaeus propose that Acts was written by some feller named Luke when neither GoLuke nor Acts claim to be written by Luke? Come on, it is right there in Irenaeus' own words.

Let us let the readers see what the professionals say, rather than count on a couple of anonymous folks on the interwebs..
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#447440 Feb 27, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fel" free to piss on Spelling, professor.
STOMP! STOMP!
I don't teach English.

Your life must really suck to be so jealous of me.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#447441 Feb 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>May I suggest
Do you really think that anyone who knows you thinks that you have read any of these books.

I'd bet a quarter that while you may have a few Josh McDowell books lying around, and don't realize that he's a lawyer not a biblical scholar, you have no idea who the rest 'o them good ole boys is.
rev

United States

#447443 Feb 27, 2013
The 10 commandents . 10 rules cover LIFE.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#447444 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. All you need to do is agree to be convinced. Remarkably, that works just as well for all other religions and cults too.
okay - let's agree that you've agreed to be antichrist convinced and that i've agreed to be pro-Christ convinced.

bada-bing bada-boom; problem solved!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#447445 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Can your wife?
'judge not lest you be judged'!

why does it seem that the so-called 'liberal-minded' and anti-god people are really the most self-righteous and accusatory at heart?

question for the group to discuss, maybe?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#447447 Feb 27, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for helping to show readers that you are ignorant about the cosmology of your own Bible.
is that so?! why am i able to simply explain where the polar ice-caps came from and you would only have a zillion year old theory?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#447448 Feb 27, 2013
I look in and see "But Pumper"...

...and I crack up. hahahaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 4 min Richard The Lion... 79,737
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 29 min Hatti_Hollerand 2,536
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min Acts4-12 NOTabout... 701,485
News Sarah Palin going on 'Oprah' (Oct '09) 3 hr Johnny 718
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 3 hr Johnny 4
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 3 hr Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 3 hr BILLION HEIR 39
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752