“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#446732 Feb 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly! rome hijacked and paganized christianity and forced it's version on the known world. there always was a remant of true and unadulterated followers, however.
so, when most peeps are accusing 'christians' of heinous crimes throughout the dark ages, it was really the roman/pagans doing their thing to keep control. no mystery here...
i think we're gonna be friends;)
Well Wassie ,you're on to something in that regard, been called "Pagan Christianity". A book was written on it with the same title by Frank Viola & G. Barna. You may have read it , if not an interesting read, particularly for the uninitiated :

http://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Christianity-Expl...

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#446733 Feb 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He'll settle on Ron Wyatt, just watch...
Why hello Mac!

Can't pass by without sayin' "Hi!"

Hope yer doing well...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#446734 Feb 22, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Why hello Mac!
Can't pass by without sayin' "Hi!"
Hope yer doing well...
Dude!

So far, so good, thanks.

How's by you?

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#446735 Feb 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to support this - or just a hypothesis?
It is a lot to read. Have fun!
http://www.british-israel.us/11.html
IMO - Hillel (also of the "house of David" lineage) seems to have been more prominent in the community, but really wasn't, if one looks at the whole picture. To believe Jesus came from this school is plausible, but really is an unknown suppostion.
One could also surmise he was of the Essenes and their teachings.
One could surmise many things.
Barring the difference in the actual numbers of...312 & 316 - I'd have to see additional info that you suggest ("most likely").
Hillel and Shammai [Shamai]
http://www.jewishhistory.org/hillel-and-shamm...
Hillel and Shamai had a minimum amount of legal disagreements between themselves; only three, in fact. However, each founded his own renowned academy of Torah learning and there arose numerous and contentious disagreements (312 to be precise) among the disciples. Eventually, it went beyond the mere number of disputes and became almost two diametrically opposed viewpoints.
There is a danger to oversimplify this, but generally the Academy of Shamai is thought to be stringent where the Academy of Hillel tends to be lenient. Generally, the Academy of Shamai looks at the potential whereas the Academy of Hillel looks at the actual. There are many theories advanced in the Jewish authorities throughout the centuries attempting to explain the central core of their disputes.
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/31...
Discussions Between the Schools.
The prevailing characteristics of the disputes are the restrictive tendency of the Shammaites and the moderation of the Hillelites. Three hundred and sixteen controversies between these two schools are preserved in the pages of the Talmud, affecting 221 Halakot, 29 halakic interpretations, and 66 guard-laws ("gezerot"); and out of the whole number only 55 (or about one-sixth) present the Shammaites on the side of leniency.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#446736 Feb 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is not proof. Suppose I were to say I believe you are a Genius? Is may belief enough to prove such a claim to be true?
Me a genius? well thanks WW, you're too kind.. its true

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446737 Feb 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's letters are the basis of "born again" ideology. OTOH many have epiphanies such as that Paul writes about in his letters.
born again just like Jesus said

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#446738 Feb 22, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>What Paul preached was not only the same as the other apostles, but was sanctioned by them because he was with them.
Paul preached the gospel of Jesus
Except for the fact that the actual disciples of Jesus were teaching Judaism, which Paul tossed to the trash heap. And his own words say that he was not with them...

Galatians 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

So, Paul hallucinated (possibly a result of a certain form of epilepsy) and thought that he saw Jesus, but he preached something completely different from what the people who actually knew Jesus taught.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#446739 Feb 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a lot to read. Have fun!
http://www.british-israel.us/11.html
<quoted text>
Thanks Liam - I'll take a look at it.

Cheers and best regard!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#446740 Feb 22, 2013
babysan wrote:
I pretend this place is irrelevant backwater chat so as to create the illusion I am above it while simultaneously not being able to stay away. And I like to pretend I fool people. Now THAT'S my idea of a good day!
Not ta worry...yer not the only catfish in the tank.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446741 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I LOVE you Clownie but I disagree... It's the only truth I've ever known...
<3
Juicy new age is not for me

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446742 Feb 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the fact that the actual disciples of Jesus were teaching Judaism, which Paul tossed to the trash heap. And his own words say that he was not with them...
Galatians 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
So, Paul hallucinated (possibly a result of a certain form of epilepsy) and thought that he saw Jesus, but he preached something completely different from what the people who actually knew Jesus taught.
its not a fact ! what you call fact, I call a lie

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446743 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>
you've yet to prove anything you say is true.
This is just another notion you have in your mind that is unfounded.
Sorry, Charlie ... The Clown sees no hope for you ever being a literary genius. Stick to what you do best ... lying about new age

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#446744 Feb 22, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I find no gaps. I've studied my entire life. Not just the Bible, but many other sources, although I stay away from pure theology as it spiritually void.
The things that are missing are not meant for us to know. God is quite explicit about being more powerful and higher than others. Those that wish to know more than He has offered will find themselves in the same predicament as did Lucifer before he fell for wanting to be equal or above God and also Adam and Eve who sought the knowledge of God.
I am fulfilled spiritually and one should be when are near the end of this life. You must make your own choices and follow your own path. To be One with the Lord leaves little room to follow false doctrine and dogma, as is stated twice for emphasis as in Gal. 1:8-9. But to add to that:
Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
Perhaps you have "Joy" and "Happiness" confused. Joy is internal and permanent. It is not a warm fuzzy feeling we get when we find a belief that works for us and lets us live in the way that makes us happy. Happiness is temporary and fleeting. It offers nothing outside of this world.
If you were spiritually fulfilled, you wouldn't be on a mission to "straighten out" christianity. That is a sign of one who is unsettled in his place. IMO

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#446745 Feb 22, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Charlie ... The Clown sees no hope for you ever being a literary genius. Stick to what you do best ... lying about new age
Hey Clown.

Still fretting about what I presented.

Why don't you do us both a favor - don't read my posts, and in turn, you won't be angry with others telling you such.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446746 Feb 22, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says that if I will confess my sin, God is faithful and just to forgive me my sins and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. And the Bible also says that God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446747 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey Clown.
Still fretting about what I presented.
Why don't you do us both a favor - don't read my posts, and in turn, you won't be angry with others telling you such.
you hate it when I (Bro. Clownie) expose your sorry butt as a liar...

Bro. Clownie grinning

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#446748 Feb 22, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AWKXrYS7MOAXX
Cool video!
duststorm

League City, TX

#446749 Feb 22, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I read every word of your testimony. I also think I can understand every point you made. I think even though you say you are no longer a believer, your experience is very similar to that of many if not most believers.
You will make a great witness if you ever do turn back to searching for God. Now that you will be able to experience a true conversion and know it if/when it happens.
Don't give up on believing in something just because your experience as a child did not fulfill your expectations. It is obvious you never experienced a true conversion/acceptance of Christ.
There will be times in your life you will feel an emptiness that only Faith in God can fill. Don't ignore it. It will never hurt to open your heart again and invite Him into your life. At the right time for the right reason (if you won't shut him out) just pray and ask for truth to be revealed to you. If you do it with sincerity understanding what it is you are seeking, you will not be disappointed.
I hope you are not offended when I tell you I have said a prayer for you. You sound like a wonderful person.
We've been told Dearth of Couth has died. He was a wonderful person. We have a poster named WaterNymph employed did her best efforts to keep him on the broad path to hell, and that is most likely where he resides right now, IF he is in fact really deceased. She refuses to give us the name of the funeral home, and she has begun a collection of funds in his name.
You know and I know that he is lost if he never surrendered his soul to Christ Jesus.

“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#446750 Feb 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I think he meant "...when the wolf-bane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
Line from a classic movie - "The Wolf Man", 1941.
I'm pretty sure that was the line he was struggling for; I was just wondering about the context in which he was using it.

"Even a man who is pure in heart, and says his prayers at night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms, and the moon is full and bright." But I think in the original "Wolfman," it was, "and the autumn moon is bright."

It's Friday; I'll bust out that movie again, with Steph and a bottle of vino.
duststorm

League City, TX

#446751 Feb 22, 2013
Dain Bramage wrote:
<quoted text>Just like your second to last brain cell. It's lonely in your belfry.
Is that you Dearth, come back to haunt a poor fellow??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Stilgar Fifrawi 743,772
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min scirocco 118,286
I Will Plow My Mom In Week By Monday 5/28 (May '12) 16 min jaden 42
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 18 min Ricky F 1,807
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Liam 545,061
How to tell when a Topix poster doesn't have a ... 19 min Wildcard7 19
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 41 min Wordsworth 4,598
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min Aura Mytha 260,191
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr sandeeprajj 978
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr mdbuilder 174,202

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE