Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on all accounts.
You really should read that magic book of yours some day.
2 Peter 3:15-16

Bear in mind that our Lordís patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Peter loved Paul just as Jesus did

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
But Peter most likely did not write this book.
There has been much debate over the authorship of 2 Peter. Most conservative evangelicals hold to the traditional view that Peter was the author, but historical and literary critics have almost unanimously concluded that to be impossible. For example: Ksemann states that 2 Peter is ďperhaps the most dubious writingĒ in the New Testament.1 Harris says,ďvirtually none believe that 2 Peter was written by Jesusí chief disciple.Ē2 And Brevard S. Childs, an excellent rhetorical critic, shows his assumption when he says,ďeven among scholars who recognize the non-Petrine authorship there remains the sharpest possible disagreement on a theological assessment.Ē3
http://bible.org/article/authorship-second-pe...
You are using circular reasoning. We can't use the Bible to prove anything in the Bible actually comes from God can we. What other tangible evidence do you have that Paul's letters are anything other than the Word of Paul?
I believe the NT... to be the holy word of God...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he is either a moron or a liar.
I would rather just say misinformed.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Bear in mind that our Lordís patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
This is an example of circular reasoning. Is the Book of Peter or the Letters of Paul proof that either is the word of God? What tangible proof do you have of such a claim?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you lie ?
Please post Paul's own words.
If you reject what Paul wrote then you are ashamed of the gospel that Jesus Christ the Messiah gave us G... you don't believe anything Paul Peter or John wrote..

In other words you are a lost soul

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the NT... to be the holy word of God...
Belief is not proof. Suppose I were to say I believe you are a Genius? Is may belief enough to prove such a claim to be true?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather just say misinformed.:)
I thought so too at first. However after a year....

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the NT... to be the holy word of God...
You can believe Aesop's Fables are the word of God for all I care.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 1:1 ďPaul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead)Ē
Romans 1:1 ďPaul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God
2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of GodĒ This is repeated over and over in his epistles (1 Cor.1:1; 2 Cor.2:1; Eph. 1:1; Col.1:1; 2 Tim1:1.) If this is not true then the Scripture is not inspired by God and cannot be trusted anywhere as accurate
I believe this!
Yes. We know you think Paul is God.

You are a Paulinist.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
1. It wasn't written by Peter, it is a proven fraud.
2. Paul never met Jesus. Jesus was long dead while Paul was murdering Christians and Jews.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought so too at first. However after a year....
Ahh... does this prove that patience is a virtue?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. We know you think Paul is God.
You are a Paulinist.
Paul's letters are the basis of "born again" ideology. OTOH many have epiphanies such as that Paul writes about in his letters.
Well

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why Iím no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. Thatís just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my ďbaptismĒ and I will never forget it.
Iím free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions Iíve made and the actions Iíve taken, then I will. But I wonít again lie to anyone that Iím feeling something or sensing something when Iím not. I wonít try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I wonít lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
I read every word of your testimony. I also think I can understand every point you made. I think even though you say you are no longer a believer, your experience is very similar to that of many if not most believers.
You will make a great witness if you ever do turn back to searching for God. Now that you will be able to experience a true conversion and know it if/when it happens.
Don't give up on believing in something just because your experience as a child did not fulfill your expectations. It is obvious you never experienced a true conversion/acceptance of Christ.
There will be times in your life you will feel an emptiness that only Faith in God can fill. Don't ignore it. It will never hurt to open your heart again and invite Him into your life. At the right time for the right reason (if you won't shut him out) just pray and ask for truth to be revealed to you. If you do it with sincerity understanding what it is you are seeking, you will not be disappointed.
I hope you are not offended when I tell you I have said a prayer for you. You sound like a wonderful person.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
... OTOH many have epiphanies such as that Paul writes about in his letters.
Like Muhammad ? <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh... does this prove that patience is a virtue?
LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not PROVEN>>>
Correct. Nothing in the Bible is proven.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
So now Emperor Constantine is your God.
You are one hilarious pagan.
Hey G :-)

Have you seen this? It could be true, you never know <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Nothing in the Bible is proven.
Not nothing, surely ;)

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>new age is a lie everyday
I LOVE you Clownie but I disagree... It's the only truth I've ever known...

<3
Dain Bramage

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been informed that DearthOfCootie is dead.
Taking a dirt nap.
Croaksville.
Six feet under.
Pushing up daises.
Passed.
Deceased.
Ex-alive.
Stone dead.
Demised.
Ceased to be.
No more.
Expired.
Gone to meet their maker.
Stiff.
Bereft of life.
Resting in peace.
Off the twig.
Kicked the bucket.
Shuffled off the mortal coil.
STOMPED BY PROXY!
Etc.
Just like your second to last brain cell. It's lonely in your belfry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

610 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min KayMarie 532,788
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min Charlie Sheen 256,512
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min Naveen kumar 4,799
Same sex marriage 12 min yon 10
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min It aint necessarily so 720,569
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 18 min ChromiuMan 5,240
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 44 min blind man n the bleachers 599,089
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Reshi 76
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr The Awakener 172,400
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••