Since: Jul 11

There

#446708 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Not nothing, surely ;)
Yeah, I went overboard.

Let me rephrase:

Very little of the Bible is proven to be true.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446709 Feb 22, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
...I find no gaps....The things that are missing .....
I bet you can't even admit you contradicted yourself.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#446710 Feb 22, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Compared to all other religions, christianity is "new age."

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Hmmmm....I'd have to disagree.
Let me rephrase that: it's the *newest* of the age. It's only been around a couple of millennia.
:o)

Okay - I can deal with that.....*smiles*....

Cheers!

Albuquerque, NM

#446711 Feb 22, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Hi, thanks for following the discussion.
Do you have a citation that infers this?
Point being, I do agree that the digs are facts, and also agree that the interpretations can be misconstrued.
But I've never heard of any sites that are applicable to the "New Age" feel-good tale.
Thanks!
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The archaelogy of Jericho show that it was not destroyed in the time of Joshua, it didn't exist until later.
http://freethought.mbdojo.com/archeology.html
Okay - and how does this apply to "New Age"?

'...But I've never heard of any sites that are applicable to the "New Age" feel-good tale.'

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#446712 Feb 22, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I read every word of your testimony. I also think I can understand every point you made. I think even though you say you are no longer a believer, your experience is very similar to that of many if not most believers.
You will make a great witness if you ever do turn back to searching for God. Now that you will be able to experience a true conversion and know it if/when it happens.
Don't give up on believing in something just because your experience as a child did not fulfill your expectations. It is obvious you never experienced a true conversion/acceptance of Christ.
There will be times in your life you will feel an emptiness that only Faith in God can fill. Don't ignore it. It will never hurt to open your heart again and invite Him into your life. At the right time for the right reason (if you won't shut him out) just pray and ask for truth to be revealed to you. If you do it with sincerity understanding what it is you are seeking, you will not be disappointed.
I hope you are not offended when I tell you I have said a prayer for you. You sound like a wonderful person.
Sorry to inform you but Dearth has passed away.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#446713 Feb 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you getting all excited and angry with the name calling?
is there possibly a truth to the idea that there's a satanic influenced kingdom of darkness working behind our physical realm of which you're being affected by?
i'm just throwing out some ideas about our origin and the origin of the cosmos and you can't seem to handle that civilly. if not for 'diabolic' reasons, what else?;)
Let's rewind.
Your first post to me was "PUT UP or SHUT UP", remember?

No. I'm not frightened by your mid 1st millenium BC scare tactics of a satanic intervention.

You're throwing out some ideas about the origin of the cosmos?
Where?
LOL

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#446714 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
So you choose to just ignore the whole wide road vs narrow road huh???
Don't you ever question any of it? I'm not trying to argue either, I love you sis, pretty sure you know that, from one J to another...
I questioned it constantly, there are too many gaps and the Bible is wonderful but it's kind of obvious that there's stuff missing out of it and some things just don't add up... Plus all that joy it talks about, I never had that and now I completely do have it and everything makes perfect sense.
<3
I would choose neither. It is better to fly.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#446716 Feb 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hey dummy - just like all american's aren't 'christian', so not all romans were Catholic. try reading what the romans did to christians before constantine, and then what the 'roman catholics' did after and have been doing to them ever since. foxes book of martyrs is a good reference;)
Of course the Romans weren't catholic before Constantine.
However, after the establishment of this new religion under the emperor, you'd BETTER be!
;)

Albuquerque, NM

#446718 Feb 22, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>new age is a lie everyday
you've yet to prove anything you say is true.

This is just another notion you have in your mind that is unfounded.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#446719 Feb 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll hafta ask the Jews. they literally have the grave sites of their patriarchs all along the way of their journey:)
WOW!!
What great finds.
Can you provide the data concerning the Hebrew patriarchal grave sites?

If you can, then you'd be equalled to another Howard Carter and another Sir Leonard Woolley.
MarkD

Toronto, Canada

#446720 Feb 22, 2013
no point. I always believe everyone will find their own path - me, you, everyone. Today I'm christian maybe one day everything change
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#446721 Feb 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll hafta ask the Jews. yeah, they even have wells still marked where they were originally dug and recorded in the Bible.
you should go on one of them tours of the holy land where you walk the same places and see the preserved markers!
what in the blazes do ya think the many 'final solutions' throughout history have been all about, dummy?! y'all and your devil can't stand to have living, breathing truth staring you in the face day in and day out;)
LOL
Speculation as to where the patriarchs might have tread is merely that...'speculation'.
You present your self as highly gullible, correct?
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#446722 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>
No they aren't. If the Bible is a Catholic book, how can Catholics account for the passage, "A bishop then, must be blameless, married but once, reserved, prudent, of good conduct, hospitable, a teacher...He should rule well his own household, keeping his children under control and perfectly respectful. For if a man cannot rule his own household, how is he to take care of the church of God?" (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5). The Catholic Church does not allow a bishop to marry, while the Bible says "he must be married."
Furthermore, if the Bible is a Catholic book, why did they write the Bible as it is, and feel the necessity of putting footnotes at the bottom of the page in effort to keep their subject from believing what is in the text?
The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,
1. Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).
2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).
3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).
4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).
5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).
6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).
7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).
8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).
9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).
10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).
11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).
12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).
13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).
14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?
It cannot be proven that the Catholic Church is solely responsible for the gathering and selection of the New Testament books. In fact, it can be shown that the New Testament books were gathered into one volume and were in circulation long before the Catholic Church claims to have taken its action in 390 at the council of Hippo.
Thus, the New Testament books were in existence in their present form at the close of the apostolic age. As a matter of fact, the apostles themselves put their writings into circulation. "And when this letter has been read among you, see that it be read in the church of the Laodiceans also; and that you yourselves read the letter from Laodicea." (Col. 4:16). "I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren." (1 Thess. 5:27). The holy Scriptures were written for all (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1) and all will be judged by them in the last day (Rev. 20:12; John 12:48). Jesus said that His Word will abide forever (Matt. 24:35; 1 Pet. 1:23-25).
http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm
The christian mss. were scattered throughout the Middle Eastern region in the first few hundred years AD among christians. There were literally >hundreds of them<.
How many are used now?
27 or there abouts?

All the protestant NT scripts you have now were once a part of the catholic church's selected canonization that was headquartered in Rome.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#446723 Feb 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Once gay, always gay. If you are no longer gay, you were never gay to begin with. Time to go on YouTube (God, I love the word "tube!") and dance to showtunes!
LOL

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446724 Feb 22, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's rewind.
Your first post to me was "PUT UP or SHUT UP", remember?
No. I'm not frightened by your mid 1st millenium BC scare tactics of a satanic intervention.
You're throwing out some ideas about the origin of the cosmos?
Where?
LOL
can we start over?:)

yes - as a Bible believer, IMO i have more understanding regarding the origin of everything than does a non-believer.

i'm not promoting scare tactics if you're not promoting eternal extinction scare tactics;)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446725 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>No, I find no gaps. I've studied my entire life. Not just the Bible, but many other sources, although I stay away from pure theology as it spiritually void.

The things that are missing are not meant for us to know. God is quite explicit about being more powerful and higher than others. Those that wish to know more than He has offered will find themselves in the same predicament as did Lucifer before he fell for wanting to be equal or above God and also Adam and Eve who sought the knowledge of God.

I am fulfilled spiritually and one should be when are near the end of this life. You must make your own choices and follow your own path. To be One with the Lord leaves little room to follow false doctrine and dogma, as is stated twice for emphasis as in Gal. 1:8-9. But to add to that:

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Perhaps you have "Joy" and "Happiness" confused. Joy is internal and permanent. It is not a warm fuzzy feeling we get when we find a belief that works for us and lets us live in the way that makes us happy. Happiness is temporary and fleeting. It offers nothing outside of this world.
Nope. I have Joy and love in every cell of my being. Something most Christians do not have and do not show . My Creator is not down here with us but up in the Heavens and I agree that there are things we are not supposed to know but.... I would add, until we are ready... GOD led me to where I'm at. I have no doubt, I hope you don't pray out loud lovely, the god down here can't read your mind but it can hear you...

Peace, Love and Heaven Above <3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446726 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I went overboard.

Let me rephrase:

Very little of the Bible is proven to be true.
Lol <3

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#446727 Feb 22, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the Romans weren't catholic before Constantine.
However, after the establishment of this new religion under the emperor, you'd BETTER be!
;)
exactly! rome hijacked and paganized christianity and forced it's version on the known world. there always was a remant of true and unadulterated followers, however.

so, when most peeps are accusing 'christians' of heinous crimes throughout the dark ages, it was really the roman/pagans doing their thing to keep control. no mystery here...

i think we're gonna be friends;)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446728 Feb 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>I would choose neither. It is better to fly.
Flying would be lovely :D

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#446729 Feb 22, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!
What great finds.
Can you provide the data concerning the Hebrew patriarchal grave sites?
If you can, then you'd be equalled to another Howard Carter and another Sir Leonard Woolley.
ya know, i'm not an apologetic, but there are easy places to get that kinda informaion if you're really interested.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min pusherman_ 599,366
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Buck Crick 863,764
The Christian Atheist debate 5 min Mr Wiggley 1,914
Darren Zaremba (May '14) 37 min justthinking 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min RiccardoFire 40,851
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 57 min mahesh not magesh 1,836
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 6,365
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,891
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Charlie Sheen 272,400
More from around the web