Why I’m no longer a Christian

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446683 Feb 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather just say misinformed.:)
I thought so too at first. However after a year....

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446685 Feb 22, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I believe the NT... to be the holy word of God...
You can believe Aesop's Fables are the word of God for all I care.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446686 Feb 22, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 1:1 “Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead)”
Romans 1:1 “Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God
2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God” This is repeated over and over in his epistles (1 Cor.1:1; 2 Cor.2:1; Eph. 1:1; Col.1:1; 2 Tim1:1.) If this is not true then the Scripture is not inspired by God and cannot be trusted anywhere as accurate
I believe this!
Yes. We know you think Paul is God.

You are a Paulinist.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446687 Feb 22, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Peter 3:15-16
Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
Peter loved Paul just as Jesus did
1. It wasn't written by Peter, it is a proven fraud.
2. Paul never met Jesus. Jesus was long dead while Paul was murdering Christians and Jews.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#446688 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought so too at first. However after a year....
Ahh... does this prove that patience is a virtue?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#446689 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. We know you think Paul is God.
You are a Paulinist.
Paul's letters are the basis of "born again" ideology. OTOH many have epiphanies such as that Paul writes about in his letters.
Well

Knoxville, TN

#446690 Feb 22, 2013
DearthOfCouth wrote:
Why I’m no longer a Christian, Part Four
Finally, struggling with my private predicament in that pew during prayer service, I knew what it was that I had to do. I came to the realization that there was only one possible course of action that seemed to offer me any degree of self-respect, and there was no other course to take, so at long last I took it. I stood and walked out.
I did not look anyone in the eye as I passed and I have no idea whether anyone registered surprise, hostility, concern, or anything at all. For all I know they all faced forward and ignored me as I turned left at the end of the aisle and made my final exit from the building. The moment I reached the open air outside I was astonished to find that I was finally, after all this time, experiencing something that was vivid and genuine and undeniable. In fact it was nearly overpowering. It crested over me like a breaker:
Relief.
From now on, I resolved that day, I will not stop and examine my innermost thoughts and evaluate, whether they are appropriately reverent and sanctimonious. I will admit my doubts and reservations and when people ask me for my thoughts I will express them respectfully but openly, as I am doing now.
If everyone around me seems confident and secure where I am irresolute and sceptical then I decline to acknowledge this as a problem, for me or for anyone else. That’s just the way it is.
Leaving the prayer meeting that day was a liberating, exhilarating, and truly life-changing experience for me. It was my “baptism” and I will never forget it.
I’m free.
If I have to account someday for the decisions I’ve made and the actions I’ve taken, then I will. But I won’t again lie to anyone that I’m feeling something or sensing something when I’m not. I won’t try to deceive anyone around me but most importantly I won’t lie to myself. Life is too short to waste it that way.
I read every word of your testimony. I also think I can understand every point you made. I think even though you say you are no longer a believer, your experience is very similar to that of many if not most believers.
You will make a great witness if you ever do turn back to searching for God. Now that you will be able to experience a true conversion and know it if/when it happens.
Don't give up on believing in something just because your experience as a child did not fulfill your expectations. It is obvious you never experienced a true conversion/acceptance of Christ.
There will be times in your life you will feel an emptiness that only Faith in God can fill. Don't ignore it. It will never hurt to open your heart again and invite Him into your life. At the right time for the right reason (if you won't shut him out) just pray and ask for truth to be revealed to you. If you do it with sincerity understanding what it is you are seeking, you will not be disappointed.
I hope you are not offended when I tell you I have said a prayer for you. You sound like a wonderful person.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446691 Feb 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
... OTOH many have epiphanies such as that Paul writes about in his letters.
Like Muhammad ? <smile>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446692 Feb 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh... does this prove that patience is a virtue?
LOL

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446697 Feb 22, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not PROVEN>>>
Correct. Nothing in the Bible is proven.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446698 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
So now Emperor Constantine is your God.
You are one hilarious pagan.
Hey G :-)

Have you seen this? It could be true, you never know <3

&li st=PLE-RF2VTnr9j7MRrSCeOCCVGVj gFMv66V

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446699 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Nothing in the Bible is proven.
Not nothing, surely ;)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446700 Feb 22, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>new age is a lie everyday
I LOVE you Clownie but I disagree... It's the only truth I've ever known...

<3
Dain Bramage

London, UK

#446701 Feb 22, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been informed that DearthOfCootie is dead.
Taking a dirt nap.
Croaksville.
Six feet under.
Pushing up daises.
Passed.
Deceased.
Ex-alive.
Stone dead.
Demised.
Ceased to be.
No more.
Expired.
Gone to meet their maker.
Stiff.
Bereft of life.
Resting in peace.
Off the twig.
Kicked the bucket.
Shuffled off the mortal coil.
STOMPED BY PROXY!
Etc.
Just like your second to last brain cell. It's lonely in your belfry.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446702 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
As msoon as you prove you are not a gay pedophile.
would you please make up your mind here!; are you a homophobe or not?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446703 Feb 22, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course He did. Otherwise, Christ wouldn't have converted him on the road to Damascus.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Damascus-Road.htm...
So you choose to just ignore the whole wide road vs narrow road huh???

Don't you ever question any of it? I'm not trying to argue either, I love you sis, pretty sure you know that, from one J to another...

I questioned it constantly, there are too many gaps and the Bible is wonderful but it's kind of obvious that there's stuff missing out of it and some things just don't add up... Plus all that joy it talks about, I never had that and now I completely do have it and everything makes perfect sense.

<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446704 Feb 22, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh... does this prove that patience is a virtue?
LOL
:)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#446705 Feb 22, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>We've been informed that DearthOfCootie is dead.
Taking a dirt nap.
Croaksville.
Six feet under.
Pushing up daises.
Passed.
Deceased.
Ex-alive.
Stone dead.
Demised.
Ceased to be.
No more.
Expired.
Gone to meet their maker.
Stiff.
Bereft of life.
Resting in peace.
Off the twig.
Kicked the bucket.
Shuffled off the mortal coil.

STOMPED BY PROXY!
Etc.
Toad.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#446706 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
So you choose to just ignore the whole wide road vs narrow road huh???
Don't you ever question any of it? I'm not trying to argue either, I love you sis, pretty sure you know that, from one J to another...
I questioned it constantly, there are too many gaps and the Bible is wonderful but it's kind of obvious that there's stuff missing out of it and some things just don't add up... Plus all that joy it talks about, I never had that and now I completely do have it and everything makes perfect sense.
<3
No, I find no gaps. I've studied my entire life. Not just the Bible, but many other sources, although I stay away from pure theology as it spiritually void.

The things that are missing are not meant for us to know. God is quite explicit about being more powerful and higher than others. Those that wish to know more than He has offered will find themselves in the same predicament as did Lucifer before he fell for wanting to be equal or above God and also Adam and Eve who sought the knowledge of God.

I am fulfilled spiritually and one should be when are near the end of this life. You must make your own choices and follow your own path. To be One with the Lord leaves little room to follow false doctrine and dogma, as is stated twice for emphasis as in Gal. 1:8-9. But to add to that:

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Perhaps you have "Joy" and "Happiness" confused. Joy is internal and permanent. It is not a warm fuzzy feeling we get when we find a belief that works for us and lets us live in the way that makes us happy. Happiness is temporary and fleeting. It offers nothing outside of this world.
high beam

Lansdowne, PA

#446707 Feb 22, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible has flaws? You are saying the bible has flaws?? What you yourself call the LITERAL, INFALIBLE **WORD OF GOD HAS FLAWS??**
I'm shocked beyond description to read your confession of that!! You have admitted that your "Word of God" isn't perfect!
Your pastor will condemn you to hell for that.
<quoted text>
Every time he posts. Welcome to the madhouse, by the way.
Thank You.
However, my visit on here will be brief. I have a madhouse of my own that I'm trying to contend with...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Critical Eye 878,310
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min RiccardoFire 7,980
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min too lazy to log in 272,845
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min June VanDerMark 603,224
News Deputy ambushed, fatally shot at gas station ne... 32 min discocrisco 1
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 44 min Ajay 562
Ex-Wife of Dr. Shine, Dee Dee Freeman Moving on... (Apr '12) 47 min Gwendolyn 3
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr emperorjohn 3,813
More from around the web