“Hello Darlings!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#446583 Feb 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO crime that could justify eternal torture - that is NOT justice, that is sick fantasy invented by xians.
That's what *I* keep telling those boneheads, but it's no more effective than pissing into the wind.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#446584 Feb 21, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone make any sense of this clusterfcuk mash-up?
*You're* the only one who's having trouble with it, dipshit. Everyone else understands it just fine.

“Hello Darlings!”

Location hidden

#446585 Feb 21, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's on first? What's on second. I don't know. Third base.
Here's a novel idea for you; try reading the post *BEFORE* hitting "reply."

The entire inside of your head is a clusterfuck of bats.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446586 Feb 21, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, thanks for following the discussion.
Do you have a citation that infers this?
Point being, I do agree that the digs are facts, and also agree that the interpretations can be misconstrued.
But I've never heard of any sites that are applicable to the "New Age" feel-good tale.
Thanks!
The archaelogy of Jericho show that it was not destroyed in the time of Joshua, it didn't exist until later.

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/archeology.html

“Love much, trust none”

There

#446587 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
...To believe Jesus came from this school is plausible, but really is an unknown suppostion.
One could also surmise he was of the Essenes and their teachings.
One could surmise many things....
Agreed.

At the moment I think Jesus was a Samaritan who was converted to Essene/Gnostic Judaism by his cousin John.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#446588 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to support this - or just a hypothesis?
IMO - Hillel (also of the "house of David" lineage) seems to have been more prominent in the community, but really wasn't, if one looks at the whole picture. To believe Jesus came from this school is plausible, but really is an unknown suppostion.
One could also surmise he was of the Essenes and their teachings.
One could surmise many things.
Barring the difference in the actual numbers of...312 & 316 - I'd have to see additional info that you suggest ("most likely").
Hillel and Shammai [Shamai]
http://www.jewishhistory.org/hillel-and-shamm...
Hillel and Shamai had a minimum amount of legal disagreements between themselves; only three, in fact. However, each founded his own renowned academy of Torah learning and there arose numerous and contentious disagreements (312 to be precise) among the disciples. Eventually, it went beyond the mere number of disputes and became almost two diametrically opposed viewpoints.
There is a danger to oversimplify this, but generally the Academy of Shamai is thought to be stringent where the Academy of Hillel tends to be lenient. Generally, the Academy of Shamai looks at the potential whereas the Academy of Hillel looks at the actual. There are many theories advanced in the Jewish authorities throughout the centuries attempting to explain the central core of their disputes.
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/31...
Discussions Between the Schools.
The prevailing characteristics of the disputes are the restrictive tendency of the Shammaites and the moderation of the Hillelites. Three hundred and sixteen controversies between these two schools are preserved in the pages of the Talmud, affecting 221 Halakot, 29 halakic interpretations, and 66 guard-laws ("gezerot"); and out of the whole number only 55 (or about one-sixth) present the Shammaites on the side of leniency.
Thanks. That helps a lot.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#446589 Feb 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not off-hand, but if you pick up (for example) a thompson chain reference Bible and read some of the study material in it you'll see all kinds of examples:)
too stupid to be embarrassed

must be a christian

Location hidden

#446590 Feb 21, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
The anti-Paul cult are completely bogus. What Paul preached was not only the same as the other apostles, but was sanctioned by them because he was with them.
Paul is a great teacher of the truth of Jesus Christ
jesus was a homosexual, who taught love

paul was a homophobe, who taught hate

Location hidden

#446591 Feb 21, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
"that thar bible", you know, the one which has a lot of flaws, according to this wassssup character...LOL.
2000 years of evolution and yet the christian bible remains an immoral POS
duststorm

League City, TX

#446592 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The archaelogy of Jericho show that it was not destroyed in the time of Joshua, it didn't exist until later.
http://freethought.mbdojo.com/archeology.html
There are 2 Jerichos
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#446593 Feb 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Worshiping a false god like Jesus wont get you any mercy from the God of the Bible. He is a rather jealous sort who demands that His worshipers worship only Him, in the Manner taught by Moses.
What a hoot: Dueling myths.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#446594 Feb 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>A person born without the mental capacity to understand will go to be with Jesus when he dies.
A person who has had many opportunities, and then loses his marbles or falls into a coma before repenting and asking Jesus to save him will be consigned to hellfire for all eternity.
You forgot to say "in your opinion" because it is not stated as such in the Bible. Those are one of those unknowns that had He wished to disclose those facts He would have, and will be His to decide come Judgment Day. We are not to put words in the mouth of the Lord. That is false doctrine, or dogma. At best, faulty indoctrination from assuming to know God's mind and who He will save.

Location hidden

#446595 Feb 21, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
You call me a Paulinist, I'll call you an Ahole. I am no such thing, however, you are. And if you truly have degrees then our educational institutions suck. Just sayin'... I wouldn't let you teach my dog how to eat out of a bowl.
a dog which does not know how to eat "out of a bowl"

a christian dog, no doubt.
duststorm

League City, TX

#446596 Feb 21, 2013
US Citizen 07 wrote:
Oh goodness, I've popped into a preschool playground in a dick measuring contest?

duststorm says: Hey WaterNymph, listen how's the fundraising going for Dearth of Couth?
duststorm

League City, TX

#446597 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You forgot to say "in your opinion" because it is not stated as such in the Bible. Those are one of those unknowns that had He wished to disclose those facts He would have, and will be His to decide come Judgment Day. We are not to put words in the mouth of the Lord. That is false doctrine, or dogma. At best, faulty indoctrination from assuming to know God's mind and who He will save.
Do you honestly not know that you have already been judged and found wanting?
You are actually waiting for an imaginary Judge Wopner figure to hear your plea and weigh your good deeds and your bad deeds and come to a decision?
It's not going to work that way. You are already a guilty sinner. On Day of Judgement you will be in front of the Great White Throne only to hear the angel say that your name is not found in the Lamb's Book of Life. At that moment, you will hear the Lord say, "Depart from me, ye worker of iniquity, I never knew you". Then the angel will summarily throw you over into the abyss.
The only way you can change your inexorable march towards hell is to repent and turn to Him.
duststorm

League City, TX

#446598 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
He will save all those who call upon his name. "All who come to me I will in no wise cast out."

“Love much, trust none”

There

#446599 Feb 21, 2013
I guess the rumors that Dusty got up the faith to go be with God were unfounded.

Seems despite all the bitching of these 'christians', staying in this shit hole of a planet with us scumsucking demins is better than dying and being in Heaven.

Even they don't believe in it. LOL

Topix Badlands

#446600 Feb 21, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
a dog which does not know how to eat "out of a bowl"
a christian dog, no doubt.
Yes, my dogs give thanks for their food and love.

Topix Badlands

#446601 Feb 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you honestly not know that you have already been judged and found wanting?
You are actually waiting for an imaginary Judge Wopner figure to hear your plea and weigh your good deeds and your bad deeds and come to a decision?
It's not going to work that way. You are already a guilty sinner. On Day of Judgement you will be in front of the Great White Throne only to hear the angel say that your name is not found in the Lamb's Book of Life. At that moment, you will hear the Lord say, "Depart from me, ye worker of iniquity, I never knew you". Then the angel will summarily throw you over into the abyss.
The only way you can change your inexorable march towards hell is to repent and turn to Him.
I'm not Catholic. The deeds come from being born again. Not the other way around. It is not earned or none could qualify. I'm quite familiar with the Book of Life. I will not inject theory into doctrine. Maybe you should brush up on the parable of the Wedding Feast.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#446602 Feb 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>A person born without the mental capacity to understand will go to be with Jesus when he dies.
A person who has had many opportunities, and then loses his marbles or falls into a coma before repenting and asking Jesus to save him will be consigned to hellfire for all eternity.
Then why would belief be necessary at all? You just said one who couldn't believe or understand will go to be with Jesus. How is there any difference between one who cannot and one who does not? What you are claiming makes absolutely no sense at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr_Zorderz 259,707
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Truth 543,111
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 11 min Classic 1,813
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 16 min Freebird USA 173,837
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Aura Mytha 740,220
Word association game (Aug '08) 18 min andet1987 53,348
Looking for lawsuits in Michigan against DHS/CP... (Jul '11) 19 min macomb county 74
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 227,870
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 19 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••