Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#446567 Feb 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>BBJ, honestly, you need to surrender to the Savior before you can no longer reason. If you get worse, you may not be able to be saved.
So a person without the mental capacity to understand or believe such things won't get saved right?
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#446568 Feb 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have a powerful ability to disengage your true reaction to the wrath of God. They must have done a number on you as a child, with such compartmentalizing going on in your psyche.
Meditate on those words: God is angry with the wicked every day. That is you.
I am evil also, but Jesus has saved me, so I won't have to go to hell like you.
You're pretending.

Well,'ceptin' for the part about you being evil.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#446570 Feb 21, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaasssuuup substitutes actual reality with his own "reality." It reminds me of something I once saw in a new age shop about creating one's own reality.
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
So - you think the New Age mentality is "creating one's own reality"?
Isn't this what we all do every moment of our lives?
Not me; I cope with the one we all got dealt, and try to make the best of it.
If not, do you account these changes to "God's" push and pull upon us humans - thus nullifying free will?
Which God? I don't even really know if there is one.
New Age is a chosen belief, just like any belief or non-belief - it is chosen on our own. "Self" is more of an accurate description relating to this.
When we chose - we enact our "Self".(consciousnes s/being/mind/Spirit/ or the many other terms that can be used instead)
When we apply our Self, we make our own reality
No you don't. It doesn't make any difference to the guy who's gonna mug you or the politician who's gonna tax you or the shark in the ocean that's gonna eat you or the pit bull on-the-loose that's gonna bite you or the boss who's gonna lay you off.

Like this planet that we all live on and share, we also all share the same reality--and, like I said, we gotta make the best of it.
duststorm

League City, TX

#446571 Feb 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever attend a church service with some other witches and throughout the preaching service, you all sat there and shook your heads "no"?
I was just wondering, because this pastor who had been in Warren, Ky. told us that some witches had come and spent the entire hour shaking their heads while he preached.
Correction: Murray, KY

#446572 Feb 21, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Compared to all other religions, christianity is "new age."
<quoted text>
Hmmmm....I'd have to disagree.
Let me rephrase that: it's the *newest* of the age. It's only been around a couple of millennia.
duststorm

League City, TX

#446573 Feb 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
So a person without the mental capacity to understand or believe such things won't get saved right?
A person born without the mental capacity to understand will go to be with Jesus when he dies.
A person who has had many opportunities, and then loses his marbles or falls into a coma before repenting and asking Jesus to save him will be consigned to hellfire for all eternity.

#446574 Feb 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"to know one's self is the ultimate knowledge and to fu#@ one's self is the ultimate love" anonymous new ager
More self-made bullshit from the Evil Christian.

#446578 Feb 21, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>new age is a lie
Christianity is a lie.

#446580 Feb 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have a powerful ability to disengage your true reaction to the wrath of God. They must have done a number on you as a child, with such compartmentalizing going on in your psyche.
Meditate on those words: God is angry with the wicked every day. That is you.
I am evil also, but Jesus has saved me, so I won't have to go to hell like you.
Your "god" has no balls.
duststorm

League City, TX

#446581 Feb 21, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like some of us get off on feeling like a worm huh?
Alas! and did my Savior bleed
And did my Sovereign die?
Would He devote that sacred head
For such a worm as I?

At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,
And the burden of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now I am happy all the day!

Was it for crimes that I had done
He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown!
And love beyond degree!

But drops of grief can ne弾r repay
The debt of love I owe:
Here, Lord, I give my self away
探is all that I can do.

#446582 Feb 21, 2013
duststorm wrote:
<quoted text>
You shall have no mercy if you have never repented and surrendered to the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior.
You need mercy. At least you recognize that.
You see mercy as a good thing. At least you recognize that.
Without his mercy, there shall no flesh survive the 7 years of tribulation.
God in his mercy sent his only begotten Son to die in my place and in your place.
I admitted I was a sinner and believed upon him when I was 9. He saved me then and I am still saved. And you?
Your "god" is dickless and impotent, and so are you. That's what fills you with rage; you can't convert anyone to your cult.

#446583 Feb 21, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
There is NO crime that could justify eternal torture - that is NOT justice, that is sick fantasy invented by xians.
That's what *I* keep telling those boneheads, but it's no more effective than pissing into the wind.

#446584 Feb 21, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone make any sense of this clusterfcuk mash-up?
*You're* the only one who's having trouble with it, dipshit. Everyone else understands it just fine.

#446585 Feb 21, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's on first? What's on second. I don't know. Third base.
Here's a novel idea for you; try reading the post *BEFORE* hitting "reply."

The entire inside of your head is a clusterfuck of bats.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446586 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Hi, thanks for following the discussion.
Do you have a citation that infers this?
Point being, I do agree that the digs are facts, and also agree that the interpretations can be misconstrued.
But I've never heard of any sites that are applicable to the "New Age" feel-good tale.
Thanks!
The archaelogy of Jericho show that it was not destroyed in the time of Joshua, it didn't exist until later.

http://freethought.mbdojo.com/archeology.html

“Love much, trust none”

There

#446587 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
...To believe Jesus came from this school is plausible, but really is an unknown suppostion.
One could also surmise he was of the Essenes and their teachings.
One could surmise many things....
Agreed.

At the moment I think Jesus was a Samaritan who was converted to Essene/Gnostic Judaism by his cousin John.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#446588 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you have a link to support this - or just a hypothesis?
IMO - Hillel (also of the "house of David" lineage) seems to have been more prominent in the community, but really wasn't, if one looks at the whole picture. To believe Jesus came from this school is plausible, but really is an unknown suppostion.
One could also surmise he was of the Essenes and their teachings.
One could surmise many things.
Barring the difference in the actual numbers of...312 & 316 - I'd have to see additional info that you suggest ("most likely").
Hillel and Shammai [Shamai]
http://www.jewishhistory.org/hillel-and-shamm...
Hillel and Shamai had a minimum amount of legal disagreements between themselves; only three, in fact. However, each founded his own renowned academy of Torah learning and there arose numerous and contentious disagreements (312 to be precise) among the disciples. Eventually, it went beyond the mere number of disputes and became almost two diametrically opposed viewpoints.
There is a danger to oversimplify this, but generally the Academy of Shamai is thought to be stringent where the Academy of Hillel tends to be lenient. Generally, the Academy of Shamai looks at the potential whereas the Academy of Hillel looks at the actual. There are many theories advanced in the Jewish authorities throughout the centuries attempting to explain the central core of their disputes.
http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/31...
Discussions Between the Schools.
The prevailing characteristics of the disputes are the restrictive tendency of the Shammaites and the moderation of the Hillelites. Three hundred and sixteen controversies between these two schools are preserved in the pages of the Talmud, affecting 221 Halakot, 29 halakic interpretations, and 66 guard-laws ("gezerot"); and out of the whole number only 55 (or about one-sixth) present the Shammaites on the side of leniency.
Thanks. That helps a lot.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#446589 Feb 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not off-hand, but if you pick up (for example) a thompson chain reference Bible and read some of the study material in it you'll see all kinds of examples:)
too stupid to be embarrassed

must be a christian

Location hidden

#446590 Feb 21, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
The anti-Paul cult are completely bogus. What Paul preached was not only the same as the other apostles, but was sanctioned by them because he was with them.
Paul is a great teacher of the truth of Jesus Christ
jesus was a homosexual, who taught love

paul was a homophobe, who taught hate

Location hidden

#446591 Feb 21, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
"that thar bible", you know, the one which has a lot of flaws, according to this wassssup character...LOL.
2000 years of evolution and yet the christian bible remains an immoral POS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min BenAdam 773,992
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min lil whispers 604,814
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min USA Born 559,044
Moses never existed 16 min Hidingfromyou 729
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min bad bob 175,555
Chat Room Rage (Apr '07) 32 min faith short 4,957
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 42 min GodFreeByChoice 5,708
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,019
More from around the web