Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#446286 Feb 20, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
You dope!
The RCC is the one responsible for the bible that you now read.
Don't you know the history of the so called New testament canonization?
No they aren't. If the Bible is a Catholic book, how can Catholics account for the passage, "A bishop then, must be blameless, married but once, reserved, prudent, of good conduct, hospitable, a teacher...He should rule well his own household, keeping his children under control and perfectly respectful. For if a man cannot rule his own household, how is he to take care of the church of God?" (1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5). The Catholic Church does not allow a bishop to marry, while the Bible says "he must be married."

Furthermore, if the Bible is a Catholic book, why did they write the Bible as it is, and feel the necessity of putting footnotes at the bottom of the page in effort to keep their subject from believing what is in the text?

The following list give a summation of what we have been trying to emphasize. If the Bible is a Catholic book,

1. Why does it condemn clerical dress?(Matt. 23:5-6).

2. Why does it teach against the adoration of Mary?(Luke 11:27-28).

3. Why does it show that all Christians are priests?(1 Pet. 2:5,9).

4. Why does it condemn the observance of special days?(Gal. 4:9-11).

5. Why does it teach that all Christians are saints?(1 Cor. 1:2).

6. Why does it condemn the making and adoration of images?(Ex. 20:4-5).

7. Why does it teach that baptism is immersion instead of pouring?(Col. 2:12).

8. Why does it forbid us to address religious leaders as "father"?(Matt. 23:9).

9. Why does it teach that Christ is the only foundation and not the apostle Peter?(1 Cor. 3:11).

10. Why does it teach that there is one mediator instead of many?(1 Tim. 2:5).

11. Why does it teach that a bishop must be a married man?(1 Tim. 3:2, 4-5).

12. Why is it opposed to the primacy of Peter?(Luke 22:24-27).

13. Why does it oppose the idea of purgatory?(Luke 16:26).

14. Why is it completely silent about infant baptism, instrumental music in worship, indulgences, confession to priests, the rosary, the mass, and many other things in the Catholic Church?

It cannot be proven that the Catholic Church is solely responsible for the gathering and selection of the New Testament books. In fact, it can be shown that the New Testament books were gathered into one volume and were in circulation long before the Catholic Church claims to have taken its action in 390 at the council of Hippo.

Thus, the New Testament books were in existence in their present form at the close of the apostolic age. As a matter of fact, the apostles themselves put their writings into circulation. "And when this letter has been read among you, see that it be read in the church of the Laodiceans also; and that you yourselves read the letter from Laodicea." (Col. 4:16). "I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read to all the holy brethren." (1 Thess. 5:27). The holy Scriptures were written for all (1 Cor. 1:2; Eph. 1:1) and all will be judged by them in the last day (Rev. 20:12; John 12:48). Jesus said that His Word will abide forever (Matt. 24:35; 1 Pet. 1:23-25).

http://www.bible.ca/cath-bible-origin.htm

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446287 Feb 20, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, just as I thought.
You're backed up against a wall with no way out to respond directly to the question presented to you.
Why ddn't you just say "I don't know"?
You dopey fundaMENTAList christians think that you have all the answers when in turn it's just simply your ignorance that shows your true reflection.
'Let It Shine', Ignoramus...LOL
why are you getting all excited and angry with the name calling?
is there possibly a truth to the idea that there's a satanic influenced kingdom of darkness working behind our physical realm of which you're being affected by?

i'm just throwing out some ideas about our origin and the origin of the cosmos and you can't seem to handle that civilly. if not for 'diabolic' reasons, what else?;)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#446288 Feb 20, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
What is so insane about G referring to New Testament believers is that if we believe the books of Paul we are Pauline opposed to simply Christian. I've yet to meet a Christian that didn't include Paul's writings as part of the whole of their belief.
The Pauline epistles are the thirteen books in the New Testament traditionally attributed to Paul of Tarsus. Some consider the anonymous Epistle to the Hebrews a fourteenth Pauline epistle. Therefore, it is the writings that are classified as Pauline, not those that believe them as they do the entirety of His Word.
Are we also Jamesine, Peterine, Johnine, Judine, Matthewine, Markine, and Lukine? I'm sure glad Jesus Christ left the light of faith on so that we may see our way through the narrow gate and down the narrow way.
they attack Paul,more than anybody in the bible... I believe every word Paul preached

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#446289 Feb 20, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
You dope!
The RCC is the one responsible for the bible that you now read.
Don't you know the history of the so called New testament canonization?
hey dummy - just like all american's aren't 'christian', so not all romans were Catholic. try reading what the romans did to christians before constantine, and then what the 'roman catholics' did after and have been doing to them ever since. foxes book of martyrs is a good reference;)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446290 Feb 20, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>If you reject what Paul wrote then you are ashamed of the gospel that Jesus Christ gave us..
Liar!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446291 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
....if we believe the books of Paul we are Pauline opposed to simply Christian. I've yet to meet a Christian that didn't include Paul's writings as part of the whole of their belief.....
Duh!

You aren't very bright.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#446292 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh!
You aren't very bright.
That reply certainly took a lot of cognitive effort. Is that all you've got?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446293 Feb 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar!
you're the GRAND POOBAH of liars

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446294 Feb 20, 2013
<quoted text>
That reply certainly took a lot of cognitive effort. Is that all you've got?
it is! the boy is dumb

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#446295 Feb 20, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>they attack Paul,more than anybody in the bible... I believe every word Paul preached
Why do you believe Paul?
Rosa Winkel

East Maitland, Australia

#446296 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Uneasy Rider jist called an let me in on the new scoop!
Mississippi has finally officially ratified the 13th Amendment to the Constitution on Feb. 7, 2013, which outlaws slavery — just 148 years late.
The decision means all 50 states have now ratified the amendment.
GO MISSISPIPPI !!!
Better late than never...lol.
And here I thought we were behind because Blackbirding ended only in the early 1900s, after Federation.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446297 Feb 20, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll hafta ask the Jews. they literally have the grave sites of their patriarchs all along the way of their journey:)
ROFLMAO

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#446298 Feb 20, 2013
high beam wrote:
<quoted text>
"that thar bible", you know, the one which has a lot of flaws, according to this wassssup character...LOL.
*sigh*

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#446299 Feb 20, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
you'll hafta ask the Jews. they literally have the grave sites of their patriarchs all along the way of their journey:)
*helpless laughter*

Point to one. Or two.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#446301 Feb 20, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*helpless laughter*
Point to one. Or two.
you'll hafta ask the Jews. yeah, they even have wells still marked where they were originally dug and recorded in the Bible.

you should go on one of them tours of the holy land where you walk the same places and see the preserved markers!

what in the blazes do ya think the many 'final solutions' throughout history have been all about, dummy?! y'all and your devil can't stand to have living, breathing truth staring you in the face day in and day out;)

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#446302 Feb 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That's some good stuff too!
Use at least 190 proof.
Never had 190. Not sure it is even available here.

Columbus, OH

#446303 Feb 20, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I bet it was!!! you're good like that
You realize changing my post merely highlights your childishness and dishonesty, right?

Columbus, OH

#446304 Feb 20, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad it can't make you a LIFE outside of Topix!
You're clueless.

Columbus, OH

#446305 Feb 20, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds yummy! I love the taste of most things with lemons...
Soooo, you use the 'whole' bottle of 'V' huh? I guess when you cut it with 3c. of H2o it dilutes it a bit. Lol
I should probably stay away from such sweet indulges, my 'halo' would fall off... It wouldn't be pretty... Lol :)
It's good stuff.

Columbus, OH

#446306 Feb 20, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hows about YOU stop burying your head in antichrist propoganda/poop?!
Please stop lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Steve III 649,712
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min VIKING 55,811
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 5 min HE LIVES 70,224
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 14 min andet1987 2,284
Rotherham sheff doncaster sex 50 min Hussain 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,469
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Halle Berry Sister 3,728
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 16 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web