Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#446454 Feb 21, 2013
Just_Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, look at me! I'm stupid!! I like to hate in the name of the Lord!!
you state the obvious

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#446455 Feb 21, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, there's something I've studied more than many Catholics. I had a wonderful teacher for much of it, I put on the level of Gamaliel that taught Saul of Tarsus, in a word. Of course I'm prejudice. I will quite enjoy that. Are you doing that here or on another forum or thread?
LOL @ studied *snort*

Now see if you can find anywhere in Paul's writings where he ever claimed to be taught by Gamaliel, or where he claimed his name was Saul, or where he claimed to be from Tarsus.(BTW, Paul didn't write Acts)

The ignorance and arrogance of Christianity is always entertaining.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446456 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Ah, there's something I've studied more than many Catholics. I had a wonderful teacher for much of it, I put on the level of Gamaliel that taught Saul of Tarsus, in a word. Of course I'm prejudice. I will quite enjoy that. Are you doing that here or on another forum or thread?
Hillel is closer to the teachings of Jesus.

If Paul studied under Gamaliel, he sucked as a student.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#446457 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I would like to join in on that conversation as well... keep me posted :)

ps. I have interviewed quite a few Catholics, and have gained a lot of insight and wisdom behind the scenes...:)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446458 Feb 21, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @ studied *snort*
Now see if you can find anywhere in Paul's writings where he ever claimed to be taught by Gamaliel, or where he claimed his name was Saul, or where he claimed to be from Tarsus.(BTW, Paul didn't write Acts)
The ignorance and arrogance of Christianity is always entertaining.
You mean George didn't chop down the cherry tree when he slept here ?

But I have a stumpp of a cherry tree and brass plaque that proves he did. LOL

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#446459 Feb 21, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Still the best Jesus/early Christianity documentary that I've ever seen.
It's a keeper.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#446462 Feb 21, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Still the best Jesus/early Christianity documentary that I've ever seen.
then it must be antichrist(ian) propoganda...:(

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#446463 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
For sure my friend. I know many Catholics, but they only follow what they're told to do. I concern myself with the RCC's massive and lucrative 'business' and their 'government' or 'hierarchy'.
Absolutely... Join me, should be interesting. I'll keep you posted...:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Location hidden

#446464 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
It's history. It is written in every book on Paul and on every website whether secular or Christian. So you don't believe history either? Figures. Paul was brilliant and was a wonderful student as Saul. This is taken from a secular site although you'll find basically the same FACTS anywhere.
Paul was by birth a Roman citizen, as was his father.[Acts 22:25-29][cf. Acts 16:37] His was a devout Jewish family in the city of Tarsus—one of the largest trade centers on the Mediterranean coast.[27] It had been in existence several hundred years prior to his birth. It was renowned for its university, one in which students could receive a superior education. During the time of Alexander the Great, Tarsus was the most influential city in Asia Minor.[28] Stoicism was the dominant philosophy there. In his letters, Paul reflected heavily from his knowledge of Stoic philosophy, using Stoic terms and metaphors to assist his new Gentile converts in their understanding of the revealed word of God.[29] His wide spectrum of experiences and education gave the "Apostle to the Gentiles"[Rom. 1:5][11:13][Gal. 2:8] the tools to effectively spread the Gospel and establish the church solidly in all parts of the Roman Empire.[30]
He was born about the same time as Jesus (c. 4 B.C.) or slightly later. He was converted to faith in Jesus Christ about A.D. 33.(He died c. A.D. 62-64, most likely in Rome.)[6]
Paul referred to himself as being "of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee."[Phil. 3:5] However, the Bible reveals very little about Paul's family. Paul's sister's son is mentioned in Acts 23:16. Acts also quotes Paul indirectly referring to his father by saying he, Paul, was "a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee".[Acts 23:6] Paul refers to his mother in Romans 16:13 as among those at Rome.
The family had a history of religious piety.[2 Timothy 1:3] Apparently the family lineage had been very attached to Pharisaic traditions and observances for generations.[Philippians 3:5-6] Young Saul learned how to make the mohair with which tents were made.[Acts 18:1-3] Later as a Christian missionary, that trade became a means of support for him, one that he could practice anywhere. It also was to become an initial connection with Priscilla and Aquila with whom he would partner in tent-making and later become very important teammates as fellow missionaries.
While he was still fairly young, he was sent to Jerusalem to receive his education at the school of Gamaliel,[Acts 22:3] one of the most noted rabbis in history. The Hillel school was noted for giving their students a balanced education, likely giving Paul broad exposure to classical literature, philosophy, and ethics. Some of his family may have resided in Jerusalem since later the son of one of his sisters saved his life there.[Acts 23:16] Nothing more is known of his background until he takes an active part in the martyrdom of Stephen.[Acts 7:58-60;22:20] Paul confesses that "beyond measure" he persecuted the church of God prior to his conversion.[Gal. 1:13–14][Phil. 3:6][Acts 8:1-3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Apostle...
The LORD looks down from heaven on the entire human race; he looks to see if anyone is truly wise, if anyone seeks God...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#446465 Feb 21, 2013
so my wife likes to watch criminal minds (proof that they're the weaker sex, but that's another sermon;) and i occasionally suffer through it just to be with her. last night a homosexual was killing people and i thought 'finally it's not a 'christian' doing the evil in an episode'!

turns out that this homo-guy was all twisted up cuz of this abusive'christian' treatment center his twisted 'christian' dad forced him to go to when he was a kid.

even though this homo-guy killed several of both innocent gays and women, the self-righteous FBI team was the most compassionate and gracious to this serial killer than i've ever seen them be in an episode before! GO FIGURE!!!

and to think y'all antichristers claim that you're not being continuously brainwashed! too funny!!!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446466 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
It's history. It is written in every book on Paul and on every website whether secular or Christian....
ROFLMAO

You are as clueless as they are.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446467 Feb 21, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
then it must be antichrist(ian) propoganda...:(
Yep.
The Bible is best antichristian literature ever written.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#446468 Feb 21, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww... you're sweet... here I am :D
Just have a lot to read... Now I'm tired and must sleep.
LOVE ya BRO Clownie <3
back atcha my sister..

Love you back!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446469 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
mercy! you are one dumb man..

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#446470 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
Galatians 1:1 “Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead)”

Romans 1:1 “Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God

2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God” This is repeated over and over in his epistles (1 Cor.1:1; 2 Cor.2:1; Eph. 1:1; Col.1:1; 2 Tim1:1.) If this is not true then the Scripture is not inspired by God and cannot be trusted anywhere as accurate

I believe every word

“"None shall pass"”

There

#446471 Feb 21, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 1:1 “Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead)”
Romans 1:1 “Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God
2 Timothy 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God” This is repeated over and over in his epistles (1 Cor.1:1; 2 Cor.2:1; Eph. 1:1; Col.1:1; 2 Tim1:1.) If this is not true then the Scripture is not inspired by God and cannot be trusted anywhere as accurate
I believe every word
Of course you do. That is why hate Jesus.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#446472 Feb 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>190-proof alcohol is, alas, illegal in Ohio.
You'll have to settle for the 151-proof Everclear.
The strongest alcohol I've ever seen was Polish Pure Spirit, about 80% proof. They also invented vodka.
Rosa Winkel

Australia

#446473 Feb 21, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Waaasssuuup substitutes actual reality with his own "reality." It reminds me of something I once saw in a new age shop about creating one's own reality.
We all have our own reality. Just that his sounds pretty twisted.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#446474 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
LOL! give it up sheldon/penny combo dude - you're not gonna get any converts to your one-person cult;)

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#446475 Feb 21, 2013
<quoted text>
.......An account of Helen's first months must come from her mother, Kate Adams Keller, and other relatives. It was reported that at six months she could say "How d'ye" and "tea, tea, tea." She also knew the meaning of the word "water," which she pronounced "wah-wah." When she was a year old, she took her first steps,.........
I hate to spoil things for you.......(ok i don't, I enjoy it).....

many babies, of average intelligence, can babble one or two sylabble words. wah wah for water being one example.

when children are talked too on a daily basis by adults, they will learn language skills quite early.

my 2nd and 3rd sons had a vocabulary of 20+ words by the time they were a year old. saying at least 7 words at 6 months old.......dada, mama, hungy (for hungry) dog dog, whoa, up, and bubby (nickname for my oldest). my 2nd son walked at 9 months. the youngest walked at 7 months.

so, to say helen was intelligent, or a genuis, is really a stretch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Nothingfromnothing 982,250
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Aerobatty 123,504
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min NotSoDivineMsM 7,359
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 38 min Timbra 169
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min Anthony MN 681,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr lil whispers 619,457
Muslim airlines, Qatar, attempting stake in Ame... 2 hr gimme 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 hr onemale 286,526
More from around the web