Why I’m no longer a Christian

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#446131 Feb 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Science is always, erm, evolving - no serious scientist has ever claimed otherwise.
You really do not have a friggin' clue how the scientific principle works, do you?
Let me try to break this down for you.
Science sees something happening.
Science tries to explain WHY it's happening.
That's a theory.
The thing keeps happening.
Science keeps applying the theory.
If the theory fails to meet the observation ONE TIME, the theory needs changing to fit the observations.
More and more closely, as time and data increase.
What do you have, in the line of a comparable process?
And you want or expect he actually might understand??
Thanks for trying...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#446133 Feb 19, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware of the connection between the RCC and the nazi party? Are you aware of the funding Hitler received from the church? I can see a lot of similarities in policy also...
He's got a set of earplugs and a fat magic marker ta make it all fit his paradigm.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#446134 Feb 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
And you want or expect he actually might understand??
Thanks for trying...
Frankly, no I don't.

But the Qur'an tells us to be kind to the Afflicted of Allah.

He can't say that he didn't know.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#446135 Feb 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
And you want or expect he actually might understand??
Thanks for trying...
Laffin.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#446136 Feb 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
He contradicted and replaced it.
Hi there mac attack :D

Can you provide some biblical references of Paul contradicting Jesus???

Pretty please with sparkling sugar on top???

Cheers <3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#446137 Feb 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
how convenient for you to think that y'all are "improving" even though y'all stubbornly asserted that you were right yesterday and are doing the same today, all the while you're dying under false pretenses! how brilliant is that?!
btw - archeologist's are continuously confirming biblical history. where have you been?
Can you give and example brother? Of an archeological discovery? Please?

<3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#446138 Feb 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
The very reason I began to question the christian religion when I was a teenager. That was over 40 years ago and I've not looked back.
I still can't get a good answer to any of my questions. A great example is wassaaaap. He considers me to be some "antichrist" or "neo-nazi"...
What kind of crazy is that??
No such thing as a neo-nazi antichistian Wiggle, no sir, there never was and never will be :D

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#446139 Feb 19, 2013
Chris the female wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the meeting you tried to arrange with Kerry at the truck stop?
It's all right here on topix, sugar. Y'all are the ones threatening!
The hysteria seems to be rising with the shrill of your voice!
You're a liar. And the only hysteria is yours.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#446140 Feb 19, 2013
Dash Riprock wrote:
<quoted text>You're responding to yourself, Al Qaeda.
I love it when they forget to change names.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#446141 Feb 19, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there mac attack :D
Can you provide some biblical references of Paul contradicting Jesus???
Pretty please with sparkling sugar on top???
Cheers <3
Well, yes.

http://www.voiceofjesus.org/paulvsjesus.html

I can provide many other references, if you're interested.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#446142 Feb 19, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I love it when they forget to change names.
*snicker*

Those of us who don't do that don't have that problem.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#446143 Feb 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
The very reason I began to question the christian religion when I was a teenager. That was over 40 years ago and I've not looked back.
I still can't get a good answer to any of my questions. A great example is wassaaaap. He considers me to be some "antichrist" or "neo-nazi"...
What kind of crazy is that??
Your questions are those of an honest nature. Have you ever thought your asking the wrong one/s. I mean that sincerely. Are you still seeking?(you don't have to answer that if you don't want too)

Btw, I know, and Wasp knows you're not the 'Antichrist', or a 'neo-Nazi.. Wasp means well...:)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#446144 Feb 19, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>

... metal box with the crank handle on the side what plays the mullberry bush song, what yer brother clownie pops out'a!.


Loved that as a kid, get's me every time... Lol :)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#446145 Feb 19, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Your questions are those of an honest nature. Have you ever thought your asking the wrong one/s. I mean that sincerely. Are you still seeking?(you don't have to answer that if you don't want too)
Btw, I know, and Wasp knows you're not the 'Antichrist', or a 'neo-Nazi.. Wasp means well...:)
Let me clarify a bit, by one's, I meant people...:)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446146 Feb 19, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
A library and a house full of treasures, all off which I would trade for one day at the park with my parents.
All that are left are the memories.
They were world travellers and brought back amazing things from everywhere they went.
Want to buy a 1904 six-volume edition of Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Bible? Or how about an 1892 twenty-volume set of the sermons of Charles Spurgeon? Or maybe a 1912 complete score of Handel's Messiah? Perhaps you could use an 1881 Methodist Hymnal. Would you be in the market for an 1892 collection of poems by William Wordsworth? Maybe you need a tin Dick Tracy siren pistol or a Captain Midnight decoder pin. The list goes on and on and on.
How much for the Worsworth and decoder ring ?

I want to do a 'Bible Code' comparative analysis. LOL

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446149 Feb 19, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>nah we are still going strong... Paul is huge in the christian faith
You just don't get it or are one hell of a good Poe.

<face palm>

Since: Jul 08

Howard, OH

#446151 Feb 19, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
.....
btw - archeologist's are continuously confirming biblical history. where have you been?
Please stop lying.

Since: Jul 08

Howard, OH

#446152 Feb 19, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
.....
Do you actually enjoy being the town idiot....
It's the best gig he can get.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#446153 Feb 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Science is always, erm, evolving - no serious scientist has ever claimed otherwise.
You really do not have a friggin' clue how the scientific principle works, do you?
Let me try to break this down for you.
Science sees something happening.
Science tries to explain WHY it's happening.
That's a theory.
The thing keeps happening.
Science keeps applying the theory.
If the theory fails to meet the observation ONE TIME, the theory needs changing to fit the observations.
More and more closely, as time and data increase.
What do you have, in the line of a comparable process?
In all sincerity, the do have 38,000 seperate hypothesis. No verifiable results though. Maybe in another 2000 years ?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#446154 Feb 19, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DsNkcrA9H1EXX
Loved that as a kid, get's me every time... Lol :)
Hahahahah! I know! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 11 min Ms Sassy 16,459
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr andet1987 23
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Mirrormirorwall 683,812
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 2 hr Mirrormirorwall 24
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr oldman 983,123
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 6 hr Awesome Facts 33,213
the REAL reason for General Motors sales slumps 6 hr Doctor REALITY 8
More from around the web