Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CgAmMM5T5jA

G_O_D's 8th wedding with X singing his butt off
Lol...that's pretty original though, despite the music...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! Almost forgot.#1111
The number was 37

Thanks for helping to prove that prayer doesn't work.

Would you like to play again?

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zr9Pmc3YSAs

X's 5th wife runs him off for farting
EW.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>My cat is named Jackson, he showed up one day and I give him some grub... the rest is history we now bunk together...
Same here.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO If there is a god/higher power then one can only perceive what the "will of God" is only in their own life. Even then it is foggy at best. Our own minds would interpret any "will" as to what we want to hear.
The other day a poster expressed how sad they were about the condition of mankind...their heart went out to God at how sad that he must be.
My response was...how do you know how God feels...maybe he perceives the world differently than we do.
<quoted text>
I personally don't perceive the delusion as the problem...only how we use that delusion.
We all have them in one way or another. I certainly do.
I "need" to see the beauty in the obscure and strange. I like to find messages in mud puddles...art in ant hills...treasures in a pile of junk...words that seem to come from within.
Is it all a delusion...I prefer to feel that it is inspired by some unknown higher power. In reality it might only be that I at times am able to find these things for myself.
To me...
It is not the delusion in its self...it is expecting everyone else to have the same delusion.
Speaking of that same delusion...that ant hill...intricate...delicate... such as a piece of old tattered lace.
Don't worry...I don't expect you to share my delusion! LOL
Don't even get me started on the naked trees...that one...I might condemn you to the fire pit if you can't see what I see!
:-)
When I ask a question about how a Christian rationizes a conflict in their beliefs (predestination/free will) and they respond by completely ignoring the conflict and telling me what God wants, that's a problem, as they immediately lose the respect of an intelligent person and should know that they should never expect their words, put in the mouth of God, to be respected.

We now medicate and treat people who think they know what God wants, just not nearly enough.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I appreciate your reply, and I agree with you that we all have the freewill to choose what we wish to believe in or not.
Not only is Free Will incompatible with an omniscient, recent studies have shown that it is not even a valid concept. Don't equivocate choice with Free Will as espoused by theists. They are not analogous. Given almost identical scenarios, and individual will respond in an almost identical manner every time. We are products of our phenotypes, our DNA, and all that has passed before us throughout our evolution. While environment influences choice, heredity seals the deal. There are copious amounts of writing and study out there for you to peruse. It may make the theistic scales drop from your eyes. Use caution if you don't want your faith challenged.
<quoted text> I personally find creation to amazing and intricate to not be by intelligent design.
Ah, but you are begging the question here. You call it creation and then claim it is intelligent design. How do you tie that into your culturally-conditioned idea of what a god or gods is, then, exactly?

From our fine friends at the Discovery Institute:

“The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.”

To have any scientific validity, theories need to set constraints on possible outcomes. That means there have to be potential observations and measurements not explicable by the theory. What potential observation or measurement could show that “certain features”(whatever that may mean) of the universe are not “best explained”(who judges whether or not an explanation is “best”?) by “intelligent cause”(what exactly does that mean? How does one distinguish between intelligent and non-intelligent cause?) To make a scientific case,(DI, not you, as i know you were not doing that) they need to come up with an hypothesis which can be tested, just as any other scientific hypothesis can be tested.

Here’s an example of a theory for those who consider ID as relevant, one that can be tested, and falsified. Listen to how precise it is, how predictive and specific it is.

“Any two material particles, or bodies, if free to move, will be accelerated toward each other with a force proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.”

THAT is a robust theory, capable of being tested, observed, and falsified.

“We can’t explain some stuff so therefore design” isn’t a theory. It doesn’t deserve to be treated as one. It has no predictive power. It has no specific claims. It is vague and general. It has all the hallmarks of pseudoscience. I realize you are operating through emotion,,and not science, and that is fine, but to make the claim while begging the question, you do yourself a great disservice.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You through, crybaby?
Get over it, Heffalump.
STOMP! STOMP!
Maybe...maybe not. Depends on if Juicylu wants to continue to twist words...make it all about her...then accuse me of being a liar.

Live with it.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT ME! I STOMP RIGHT ON BY!
ANNIE'S BOO-HOOING DOESN'T INTEREST ME...
Then why read it??? You did...your problem...not mine.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW what you mean! I keep praying that one day you will stop making an ass out of yourself!
STOMP! STOMP!
Bible says it takes two in agreement and then he will give you what you want. Someone isn't prayin' with ya gutty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW what you mean! I keep praying that one day you will stop making an ass out of yourself!
STOMP! STOMP!
Guten abend mein Deutscher Freund. Sie sind besonder... nur wie jecter sonst

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
When I ask a question about how a Christian rationizes a conflict in their beliefs (predestination/free will) and they respond by completely ignoring the conflict and telling me what God wants, that's a problem, as they immediately lose the respect of an intelligent person and should know that they should never expect their words, put in the mouth of God, to be respected.
We now medicate and treat people who think they know what God wants, just not nearly enough.
Hey X, what's up? That is my favorite. "God is mysterious. God is too complex for us to understand Him. Now here is what God wants..."

Always a classic!

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT ME! I STOMP RIGHT ON BY!
ANNIE'S BOO-HOOING DOESN'T INTEREST ME...
Except you commented on it twice.....on the same page.

Trussville, Alabama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You through, crybaby?
Get over it, Heffalump.
STOMP! STOMP!
Says the poster whining about threads and post counts for five years.

STOMPJECTION!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's very odd to me that ....
I'll let you worry about your problems.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well as you know, witnesess that contradict the authorized one's ..
You keep neglecting to mention that you have no witnesses.

Instead, you lie to folks.

And that's what people need to see.

Trussville, Alabama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Been thinking about the hard time you gave Bro. Clown about his name.
WTF does "Janitor of the LORD" mean?
Did Jesus leave a mess?
Where is it?
What is it?
Your up, JACKASS! Answer time!
Why do you hate homonyms? What have they ever done to you?
STOMPSUBLITERATE!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thank you. I appreciate your reply, and I agree with you that we all have the freewill to choose what we wish to believe in or not. I personally find creation to amazing and intricate to not be by intelligent design.
Confirmation bias.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>who do you think did?
What is it that makes you think it was a "who"?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Hey X, what's up? That is my favorite. "God is mysterious. God is too complex for us to understand Him. Now here is what God wants..."
Always a classic!
We do society a disservice by not challenging this idiocy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 420,521 - 420,540 of440,803
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

697 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min sweets2360 679,916
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Eagle 12 216,799
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Oxbow 511,982
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min All-Righty 89,540
White House says bad intelligence fed WMD claim (Apr '06) 21 min who 91
Gay Snapchat Names 22 min Dblack379 1,329
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 26 min shovelhead72 52,503
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Aiso82 234
•••
•••
•••