“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#445392 Feb 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Here is the question you ham-handedly avoided about the Nicean fraud.
How much knowledge do you have of the composition of that council and its denouement?
not much, but i'm sure if you were there it would have been done much better;)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#445393 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>的t is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.薄 Upton Sinclair
seems like some one done gots themselves an anger problem:-(

what's the point of 'tolerance' if you're only agreeable to those you agree with?- waaasssuuup 2/15/2013

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#445394 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>No complaints here. How about you?
Same thing here...life is good.

“Selected Marksman”

Since: Aug 08

Northern Virginia

#445395 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Heroin was developed as a "cure" for Morphine addiction.
Not much has changed since then.
Those are the "good" drugs...

<<face slap>>

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#445396 Feb 15, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
Okey dokey, for anyone who might be still interested, I found the list I was looking for recently. It was tucked away in "Understanding Daniel", something I wrote a few years ago while the family waited for me dear ole dad to pass away.
Please feel free to scroll on by if it ain't your bag.
Identifying the Traits of Apocalyptic Literature:
1. Eschatology: Authors of apocalyptic literature are convinced that they are living in the 兎nd times, that very soon the deity will intervene and everything will change. It is imminent and it will happen soon.
2. Pseudepigraphy: Apocalyptic literature typically presents itself as being written during a previous time by a hero of old, someone recognizable from the past for the purpose of establishing credibility. We have apocalypses written in the names of Enoch, Abraham, Moses, Ezra, Daniel, John and others.
3. Mystical Visions: Apocalyptic authors have their heroes experience confusing divine visions that will often need to be explained by a divine being. These visions will typically be of surreal creatures or events used metaphorically to represent people or places of the author痴 past, present and imagined future.
4. Failure: Apocalyptic literature is always wrong. The events leading up to the time of authorship are relevant and amazingly very accurate; the events following the time of authorship are always, always wrong. After all, who can truly tell the future, eh?
Now if I can just remember where I got the friggin' list.
Cool. And useful. Thanks!

#445397 Feb 15, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about it though. God created all humans correct? Now God took one chosen group and gave them an ethical system known as the Ten Commandments. Next he gave them the right too take the land of milk and honey from the inhabitants. Those inhabitants did not have any set of rules. Now the only thing the God required was to be worshiped and obeyed. The inhabitants were given no such chance. Is this fair?
The Bible says that other people have their own Gods...

#445398 Feb 15, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
From Hebrew perspective of ancient times, calling a bat a bird made sense.(because it could fly like a bird) Now, in the modern age we categorize animal species more specifically. The bat is a mammal and not a bird. Hope that helps...:)
Yeah, but...

If all of it was really inspired by some "One True God", then He could have done a MUCH better job of telling people what the world was REALLY like. You know, the facts about evolution, the Earth going around the Sun, etc, etc, etc.

#445399 Feb 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I really have to be more specific. At that time, God had not yet chosen His people but after long suffering as slaves, the Israelites/Hebrews, still loved God so He got them out, then was going to end it until Moses intervened on our behalf. God chose them in Deuteronomy. Until Jesus, now, we are once again *all* God's children.
Before Deuteronomy, all were God's children. Many couldn't care less.
Good luck trying to find any Bible verses to support that...

#445400 Feb 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I can't stand long posts! who the hell reads them
People with IQs higher than room temperature...

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#445401 Feb 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
not much, but i'm sure if you were there it would have been done much better;)
Then your previous comment about the Council of Nicea has no credibility. Why bring it up if you don't actually know what you're talking about? Oh right, Christian.

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#445402 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>Isn't it obvious? Anything with homo in the word is a sin. Homo sapien. Homosexual. Homonym. Don't even start with Home erectus.
But the Christian obsession with homosexuality would seem to indicate it's a feigned "hate," eh? ;)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#445403 Feb 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well...
He's a clown.
and a great one

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#445404 Feb 15, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
People with IQs higher than room temperature...
that leaves you out...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445405 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>Hey, G. That would be like inventing crack to cure cocaine dependence. And opium was touted as a cure for alcoholism and morphine a cure for opium addiction. Crazy. Just like trying to use the addiction of religion.
Yup.

Pot and LSD were both used to treat alcoholism.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#445406 Feb 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
seems like some one done gots themselves an anger problem:-(
what's the point of 'tolerance' if you're only agreeable to those you agree with?- waaasssuuup 2/15/2013
That explains the intoleranceof Christianity.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#445407 Feb 15, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are the "good" drugs...
<<face slap>>
That is how Heroin got its name. It was the "female hero" to rescue morphine addicts.

Heroin is nothing more than morphine heated in the presence of white vinegar.

15 minutes to turn $100 of white powder into $10,000 of white powder.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#445410 Feb 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's all good, home-slice. let's agree to disagree and be friends then:)
No, because disagreement has nothing to do with it. You were just plainly, evasively wrong. To reiterate, no, you'd really have to clean up your act. You lack the discernment of boundaries and even the simple code of polite, human interaction. That happens among many who liken themselves as kindred spirits with a god they have wholly composed and fashioned after their own psyche. It is understandable but easily remedied.

Location hidden

#445411 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Pot and LSD were both used to treat alcoholism.
Baby bath water.

Location hidden

#445412 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains the intoleranceof Christianity.
Yep.

Location hidden

#445414 Feb 15, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>But the Christian obsession with homosexuality would seem to indicate it's a feigned "hate," eh? ;)
Deflective. Uh, nothing to see here. Ahem.

In 1979, an 11 year old German boy was taken to the mountains by his priest, plied with alcohol, locked in a room, stripped naked and raped. The priest was assigned to therapy and made to promise to no longer have contact with children. Resigning Pope Benny the Rat (R - Picked by God, quits) was then a Cardinal. He moved the priest to another parish where he quickly resumed his pastoral duties and his dutiful rapes. This is but one story among the many. The most egregious, if these heinous acts can even be quantified, was at the school for the deaf. The priests could sign and knew which parents could not. Those boys were repeatedly raped. When visiting day came along, the boys would sign, "Father Nelson is raping me!" The priests would translate, "Billy is having a wonderful time here." Visitation was monitored and mail was censored. This RICO crime group needs to be disbanded and all its asserts need to be used for recompense and to actually help the poor.

It's all documented in Mea Maxima Culpa. Disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Mexicans try to be white so bad? (Mar '09) 2 min nomoreillegal 625
bless the jews (Nov '08) 6 min Set free 7,055
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Epiphany2 604,952
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min Ratloder 119,643
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Dally Mama 774,903
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min pusherman_ 559,301
Moses never existed 10 min KiMare 741
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Aura Mytha 265,082
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr bad bob 175,595
More from around the web