Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#445352 Feb 15, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. I appreciate your reply, and I agree with you that we all have the freewill to choose what we wish to believe in or not.
Not only is Free Will incompatible with an omniscient, recent studies have shown that it is not even a valid concept. Don't equivocate choice with Free Will as espoused by theists. They are not analogous. Given almost identical scenarios, and individual will respond in an almost identical manner every time. We are products of our phenotypes, our DNA, and all that has passed before us throughout our evolution. While environment influences choice, heredity seals the deal. There are copious amounts of writing and study out there for you to peruse. It may make the theistic scales drop from your eyes. Use caution if you don't want your faith challenged.
<quoted text> I personally find creation to amazing and intricate to not be by intelligent design.
Ah, but you are begging the question here. You call it creation and then claim it is intelligent design. How do you tie that into your culturally-conditioned idea of what a god or gods is, then, exactly?

From our fine friends at the Discovery Institute:

“The theory of intelligent design holds that certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection.”

To have any scientific validity, theories need to set constraints on possible outcomes. That means there have to be potential observations and measurements not explicable by the theory. What potential observation or measurement could show that “certain features”(whatever that may mean) of the universe are not “best explained”(who judges whether or not an explanation is “best”?) by “intelligent cause”(what exactly does that mean? How does one distinguish between intelligent and non-intelligent cause?) To make a scientific case,(DI, not you, as i know you were not doing that) they need to come up with an hypothesis which can be tested, just as any other scientific hypothesis can be tested.

Here’s an example of a theory for those who consider ID as relevant, one that can be tested, and falsified. Listen to how precise it is, how predictive and specific it is.

“Any two material particles, or bodies, if free to move, will be accelerated toward each other with a force proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.”

THAT is a robust theory, capable of being tested, observed, and falsified.

“We can’t explain some stuff so therefore design” isn’t a theory. It doesn’t deserve to be treated as one. It has no predictive power. It has no specific claims. It is vague and general. It has all the hallmarks of pseudoscience. I realize you are operating through emotion,,and not science, and that is fine, but to make the claim while begging the question, you do yourself a great disservice.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#445353 Feb 15, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You through, crybaby?
Get over it, Heffalump.
STOMP! STOMP!
Maybe...maybe not. Depends on if Juicylu wants to continue to twist words...make it all about her...then accuse me of being a liar.

Live with it.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#445354 Feb 15, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT ME! I STOMP RIGHT ON BY!
ANNIE'S BOO-HOOING DOESN'T INTEREST ME...
Then why read it??? You did...your problem...not mine.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#445355 Feb 15, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW what you mean! I keep praying that one day you will stop making an ass out of yourself!
STOMP! STOMP!
Bible says it takes two in agreement and then he will give you what you want. Someone isn't prayin' with ya gutty.

Location hidden

#445356 Feb 15, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW what you mean! I keep praying that one day you will stop making an ass out of yourself!
STOMP! STOMP!
Guten abend mein Deutscher Freund. Sie sind besonder... nur wie jecter sonst

Location hidden

#445357 Feb 15, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
When I ask a question about how a Christian rationizes a conflict in their beliefs (predestination/free will) and they respond by completely ignoring the conflict and telling me what God wants, that's a problem, as they immediately lose the respect of an intelligent person and should know that they should never expect their words, put in the mouth of God, to be respected.
We now medicate and treat people who think they know what God wants, just not nearly enough.
Hey X, what's up? That is my favorite. "God is mysterious. God is too complex for us to understand Him. Now here is what God wants..."

Always a classic!

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

#445358 Feb 15, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT ME! I STOMP RIGHT ON BY!
ANNIE'S BOO-HOOING DOESN'T INTEREST ME...
Except you commented on it twice.....on the same page.

Trussville, Alabama

#445359 Feb 15, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
You through, crybaby?
Get over it, Heffalump.
STOMP! STOMP!
Says the poster whining about threads and post counts for five years.

STOMPJECTION!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445360 Feb 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
it's very odd to me that ....
I'll let you worry about your problems.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445361 Feb 15, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well as you know, witnesess that contradict the authorized one's ..
You keep neglecting to mention that you have no witnesses.

Instead, you lie to folks.

And that's what people need to see.

Trussville, Alabama

#445362 Feb 15, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Been thinking about the hard time you gave Bro. Clown about his name.
WTF does "Janitor of the LORD" mean?
Did Jesus leave a mess?
Where is it?
What is it?
Your up, JACKASS! Answer time!
Why do you hate homonyms? What have they ever done to you?
STOMPSUBLITERATE!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445363 Feb 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you. I appreciate your reply, and I agree with you that we all have the freewill to choose what we wish to believe in or not. I personally find creation to amazing and intricate to not be by intelligent design.
Confirmation bias.

Location hidden

#445364 Feb 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>who do you think did?
What is it that makes you think it was a "who"?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445365 Feb 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>Hey X, what's up? That is my favorite. "God is mysterious. God is too complex for us to understand Him. Now here is what God wants..."
Always a classic!
We do society a disservice by not challenging this idiocy.

Location hidden

#445366 Feb 15, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate homonyms? What have they ever done to you?
STOMPSUBLITERATE!
Isn't it obvious? Anything with homo in the word is a sin. Homo sapien. Homosexual. Homonym. Don't even start with Home erectus.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445367 Feb 15, 2013
Goodbye Houston, next stop Atlanta.

Or somewhere in between, the guy across the isle is reading the Quran.

Location hidden

#445368 Feb 15, 2013
Bigger Baby Jeebus wrote:
<quoted text>What is it that makes you think it was a "who"?
Funny, but X answered this on the post above this one. Confirmation bias.

Location hidden

#445369 Feb 15, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
We do society a disservice by not challenging this idiocy.
Fortunately it is being challenged daily and by more compelling and vociferous people than ever before. The times, they are a changing.

Location hidden

#445370 Feb 15, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
STOMP! STOMP!
Is it exclusivity rights that you are demanding?

Location hidden

#445371 Feb 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who changed the subject and then lied to make it all about them?
You took a few words out of a series of posts and twisted and turned them until you found something to be pissed off about.
A few words that were initiated because of me saying that just because someone disagrees does not mean they are attacking.
It was never about you...maybe that is your problem.
Abrahamic theism is the ultimate display of masturbation. "My god thinks I am special" is the origin of so many of humanities problems. Christians without self-piety are a very rare breed and almost invisible on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min guest 559,496
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Bongo 775,275
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 18 min royal kannadiga 1,269
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min truth 605,006
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min who 265,145
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 1 hr Jolly 23,970
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr Al Capone 5,109
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Lost In Transition 175,630
More from around the web