“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#445325 Feb 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy that begins with the primary and defining assertion that an invisible disembodied magical super brain created the entire universe...
Who or what do you believe created it?

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#445326 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why else would I have an 'H' on my forhead ?
Now shut up and pass the Vindaloo
Trust you to identify with Rimmer :p

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#445327 Feb 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh crap JL...learn to read. In my post to NS I said "those that yell the loudest". Are you one of "those that yell the loudest" about homosexuals???
If you are not...then the post did not refer to you. Do you think everything that I post is about you?
Geeesh...get over yourself. This is an opinion/discussion thread about why we left the faith of Christianity. Did you expect to come here and find us singing hymns and praising Jesus?
You made the choice to be here...surely you realized that we would not agree with at least part of what you post.
I personally have never asked you to prove anything...never said that you were delusional because of what you believe.
Ok Annie, just change the subject and lie.

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be rather boring don't you think??? If we all just posted..."I agree" and let it go at that.

NoStressForMe wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. ;O)

Very boring.

O_O

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#445328 Feb 15, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Who or what do you believe created it?
I certainly don't have the belief that an invisible disembodied magical super brain created the entire universe, or that there was an active consciousness of any sort behind the origination of the universe at all.

There is no evidence that would support that assumption or idea.

I tend to think the universe may be cyclical in nature, but I wouldn't assert that as fact, or that you should *believe* that.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#445329 Feb 15, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a very, very good post. Thank you for sharing, and I quite agree.
thanx bro/sis!:)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445330 Feb 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I started to...but I knew...someone else would be along shortly!
Authorized witness...one who agrees with your thinking...the rest of them don't count...
Besides...wasup was there...he saw those witnesses being authorized..."G"...d on't ya know nothin'?
Waassuup is the greatest man of his mind.

Topix Badlands

#445331 Feb 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly don't have the belief that an invisible disembodied magical super brain created the entire universe, or that there was an active consciousness of any sort behind the origination of the universe at all.
I tend to think the universe may be cyclical in nature, but I wouldn't assert that as fact, or that you should *believe* that.
Thank you. I appreciate your reply, and I agree with you that we all have the freewill to choose what we wish to believe in or not. I personally find creation to amazing and intricate to not be by intelligent design.

Topix Badlands

#445332 Feb 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
On a side-note I don't give negative judgits but once in a blue-moon, and seldom give any at all. Since somebody here must have found their oatmeal peed in this morning, I gave you an 'interesting' because although that is not my belief, you explained yours, which is oodles more than some of the most prolific posters here have done. Thanks.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#445333 Feb 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy that begins with the primary and defining assertion that an invisible disembodied magical super brain created the entire universe...
who do you think did?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#445335 Feb 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>who do you think did?
The non-anthropomorphic, non-diety creative and motive force of the Universe.

I call it God. It doesn't have a name for itself.

I call my cat Stormie. I don;t know what she calls herself, I think it something like "prrrrrrr prrrrrrrr prrrrrrr". That may be what she calls me though.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#445337 Feb 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Annie, just change the subject and lie.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be rather boring don't you think??? If we all just posted..."I agree" and let it go at that.
NoStressForMe wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. ;O)
Very boring.
O_O
Now who changed the subject and then lied to make it all about them?

You took a few words out of a series of posts and twisted and turned them until you found something to be pissed off about.

A few words that were initiated because of me saying that just because someone disagrees does not mean they are attacking.

It was never about you...maybe that is your problem.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#445339 Feb 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The non-anthropomorphic, non-diety creative and motive force of the Universe.
I call it God. It doesn't have a name for itself.
I call my cat Stormie. I don;t know what she calls herself, I think it something like "prrrrrrr prrrrrrrr prrrrrrr". That may be what she calls me though.
My cat is named Jackson, he showed up one day and I give him some grub... the rest is history we now bunk together...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#445340 Feb 15, 2013
I can't stand long posts! who the hell reads them

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#445341 Feb 15, 2013

G_O_D's 8th wedding with X singing his butt off

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#445342 Feb 15, 2013

X's 5th wife runs him off for farting

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#445344 Feb 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CgAmMM5T5jAXX

G_O_D's 8th wedding with X singing his butt off
Lol...that's pretty original though, despite the music...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445346 Feb 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! Almost forgot.#1111
The number was 37

Thanks for helping to prove that prayer doesn't work.

Would you like to play again?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#445347 Feb 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zr9Pmc3YSAsXX

X's 5th wife runs him off for farting
EW.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#445348 Feb 15, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>My cat is named Jackson, he showed up one day and I give him some grub... the rest is history we now bunk together...
Same here.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445351 Feb 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO If there is a god/higher power then one can only perceive what the "will of God" is only in their own life. Even then it is foggy at best. Our own minds would interpret any "will" as to what we want to hear.
The other day a poster expressed how sad they were about the condition of mankind...their heart went out to God at how sad that he must be.
My response was...how do you know how God feels...maybe he perceives the world differently than we do.
<quoted text>
I personally don't perceive the delusion as the problem...only how we use that delusion.
We all have them in one way or another. I certainly do.
I "need" to see the beauty in the obscure and strange. I like to find messages in mud puddles...art in ant hills...treasures in a pile of junk...words that seem to come from within.
Is it all a delusion...I prefer to feel that it is inspired by some unknown higher power. In reality it might only be that I at times am able to find these things for myself.
To me...
It is not the delusion in its self...it is expecting everyone else to have the same delusion.
Speaking of that same delusion...that ant hill...intricate...delicate... such as a piece of old tattered lace.
Don't worry...I don't expect you to share my delusion! LOL
Don't even get me started on the naked trees...that one...I might condemn you to the fire pit if you can't see what I see!
:-)
When I ask a question about how a Christian rationizes a conflict in their beliefs (predestination/free will) and they respond by completely ignoring the conflict and telling me what God wants, that's a problem, as they immediately lose the respect of an intelligent person and should know that they should never expect their words, put in the mouth of God, to be respected.

We now medicate and treat people who think they know what God wants, just not nearly enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,906
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 778,690
Why the Lamborghini Aventador is FASTER than th... 11 min Doctor REALITY 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min LTM 560,563
The King of '4-wheeled BEASTS'! 43 min Doctor REALITY 2
Moses never existed 55 min KiMare 837
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 58 min dallas75225 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr truth 605,354
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 265,474
More from around the web