Why I知 no longer a Christian

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445222 Feb 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new under the sun, eh?
The most amazing thing I learned from history was that humans haven't changed much in 6000 years.

From anthroplogy, that humans haven't changed much in tens of thousands of years.

Have you read Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror" ?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#445223 Feb 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Don't try it G_O_D. I didn't git 50 yards off the coast, an the scooter sank! Ruined all me leathers TOO!
Need to fill the PVC pipe with spray expansion foam.
Trust me.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#445224 Feb 14, 2013
I never used Peyote, too many different alkaloids and guesswork dosing. Pure Mescaline had few side effects (no puking, yeah!)

The mistake (IMHO) that many make with drugs is taking to much. Just like the difference betweena a mild alcohol buzz and blind drunk; most never experience the effects of "controlable" doses of psychoactive substances. The differences are like night and day.
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya don't posed ta EAT that stuff! Yer jist sposed ta lick it(like sumth'n else ya know). An make sure yer sitt'n down when ya do it TOO!
<quoted text>
The only time I ever did peyote, I freaked out. After barfing my guts out, at first I was amazed at the colors and textures of everything. I couldn't help going outside and taking all my clothes off just to indulge in the breeze, the scented night air, and the full moon. Later, though, I got too introspective; wondering what life was all about, what was at the end of it...and then I began thinking about all the environmental degradation, the poisoned air and water, the land, our rapidly depleting resources, the possibility of nuclear war, deforestation, the full-on rape of our home planet, and I started crying. I couldn't stop myself.
And then I was given this big, fat juicy orange, and after that first bite everything was fine again. It's not an experience that I would want to repeat, but I did learn a lot about myself that night.
And pot should be legalized. I suggest we flood our representatives' offices with emails, snail mail, phone calls. Do away with ALL criminal sanctions against possession, cultivation, transportation, trading, and recreational use. Y'wanna put dope dealers out of business? Keep those seeds and plant 'em, and grow yer own stone!!

“Love much, trust none”

There

#445225 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof of religion is everywhere, like proof of politics.....
Like fairies in my garden and that tax reduction in my paycheck.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#445226 Feb 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Infallibility? I'd hardly call a god who supposedly caused global genocide via flood in an effort to reboot a failed experiment, only to have it fail again anyway, infallible.
<quoted text>
That's because you're an evil pendejo.
Nice Mexican vernacular.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#445227 Feb 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Need to fill the PVC pipe with spray expansion foam.
Trust me.
I was thinking of Kon-Tiki and a research grant for repeating the experiment.

Maybe get the Discovery Channel to fund it ? LOL

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#445228 Feb 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What opinion did I give? I just quoted directly from the Bible.
<quoted text>
I already did that.
<quoted text>
And you think that is moral?
<quoted text>
As opposed to, say, declaring that slavery is immoral. Which it clearly is to any rational person.
<quoted text>
Babies and children invoked God's wrath how?
What a scary religion. Yikes.
If you want to discuss Bible passages there is one as to why God allowed certain things His people were doing to continue, something about people being hard of heart. Also, I'm pretty certain that freeing His people from Egypt was a very loud and very obvious statement about God's thoughts on the immorality of slavery, unfortunately, the Jews also decided to have slaves, just like the Egyptians. No, babies and children did not incur the wrath of God as far as I know, the Pharaoh did and prayed to his statues whilst doing it, unfortunately the little ones were innocent victims of a war that could have been avoided but for the actions of man, much like Vietnam and any other war. You can blame God for that if you like but then again the law can be blamed for a murderer getting the death penalty or spending the rest of his life in prison for his crime. There are consequences to breaking God's laws just like there are consequences to breaking man's laws, school rules, parental rules etc...That is why we are so grateful for Jesus, he changed all that, we are now given every chance and every warning, in the end, we choose our fate.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#445229 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
...No, babies and children did not incur the wrath of God as far as I know....
Never read the Flood Story, eh ?

<face palm>

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#445230 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to discuss Bible passages there is one as to why God allowed certain things His people were doing to continue, something about people being hard of heart. Also, I'm pretty certain that freeing His people from Egypt was a very loud and very obvious statement about God's thoughts on the immorality of slavery, unfortunately, the Jews also decided to have slaves, just like the Egyptians. No, babies and children did not incur the wrath of God as far as I know, the Pharaoh did and prayed to his statues whilst doing it, unfortunately the little ones were innocent victims of a war that could have been avoided but for the actions of man, much like Vietnam and any other war. You can blame God for that if you like but then again the law can be blamed for a murderer getting the death penalty or spending the rest of his life in prison for his crime. There are consequences to breaking God's laws just like there are consequences to breaking man's laws, school rules, parental rules etc...That is why we are so grateful for Jesus, he changed all that, we are now given every chance and every warning, in the end, we choose our fate.
Think about it though. God created all humans correct? Now God took one chosen group and gave them an ethical system known as the Ten Commandments. Next he gave them the right too take the land of milk and honey from the inhabitants. Those inhabitants did not have any set of rules. Now the only thing the God required was to be worshiped and obeyed. The inhabitants were given no such chance. Is this fair?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445232 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is most likely that the Anunnaki in Gilgamesh became the Elohim in Genesis. That The Trinity is *directly* based on the Sumerian mythos is extremely unlikely.
The Trinity was simply a methodology to attempt to turn a polytheisitic religion into a monotheistic one with convoluted explanations that make the ressurection seem normal.
Yup. Along with other adaptations(reconstructive) of beliefs or combinations. Remember the orders of Constantine to those ordered to Nicaea with their writings to be bound in leather...and what was told to Eusebius about all those texts(which all of the thousands were unsatisfactory).

Location hidden

#445233 Feb 14, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
If u guys make it, I'll shout u schooners. My round.
The scooter could never have made it anyway. There's no fill'n stations fer the whole 12,000 miles.
B'tween me an G_O_D we prolly got's nuff hot air ta keep schooner sails billowed tight though!(given we fill the ship with good sipp'n stock). We'd hafta smoke in the dingy o' course(ta keep from blow'n the mainstay up).

Location hidden

#445234 Feb 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya don't posed ta EAT that stuff! Yer jist sposed ta lick it(like sumth'n else ya know). An make sure yer sitt'n down when ya do it TOO!
<quoted text>
The only time I ever did peyote, I freaked out. After barfing my guts out, at first I was amazed at the colors and textures of everything. I couldn't help going outside and taking all my clothes off just to indulge in the breeze, the scented night air, and the full moon. Later, though, I got too introspective; wondering what life was all about, what was at the end of it...and then I began thinking about all the environmental degradation, the poisoned air and water, the land, our rapidly depleting resources, the possibility of nuclear war, deforestation, the full-on rape of our home planet, and I started crying. I couldn't stop myself.
And then I was given this big, fat juicy orange, and after that first bite everything was fine again. It's not an experience that I would want to repeat, but I did learn a lot about myself that night.
And pot should be legalized. I suggest we flood our representatives' offices with emails, snail mail, phone calls. Do away with ALL criminal sanctions against possession, cultivation, transportation, trading, and recreational use. Y'wanna put dope dealers out of business? Keep those seeds and plant 'em, and grow yer own stone!!
It's in the process right now, but ya ain't gonna like the end result...ya still won't be allowed ta grow yer own(penalty of law). If ya do ya better genetically alter the plant so ther's no smell. Then it prolly won't be worth a sh!t.

Location hidden

#445235 Feb 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a believer rationalize saying that if God doesn't want something to happen then it won't happen with saying that people have free will?
You put your left foot in
You pull your left foot out
You put your left foot in
And you shake it all about
The Christian Hokey Pokey
When you turn yourself around
That's what it's all about
Everybody join in ....
Simple, God wants us to have the free will to choose whether we want to believe in Him or reject Him and will allow the rebellious law breakers enough rope to hang themselves with but if taken too far he will stop it, like the fact that no one can prove that God does not exist.

Another example is this; Of all denominations of Christianity/Judaism/sects/bra nches/Islam/cults/whatever you want to call it, which breaks the most of all God's Laws? Which is the most reviled in the world? What's the second? Let's just see what happens to them when they make their final move in attempted, complete mutual annihilation in hopes to 'take over the world', shall we. Hitler, Stalin etc...All failed miserably, although, their plans were on a smaller scale. All kinds of people have been trying to destroy God's people for ages, with no success whatsoever, why is it that force, weaponry, logic, technology, reason and anything else we have come up with simply cannot destroy God's people? There are just more and more every year. Dance all you want luv, won't change a thing.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#445236 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss Lexx and Farscape.
Lexa Doig. "Andromeda".

Location hidden

#445237 Feb 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Need to fill the PVC pipe with spray expansion foam.
Trust me.
{{PVC}} PIPE???!! Hell, I thought they was talk'n 'bout glass bowls! Had the dang saddle bags filled with the dang things! Lost the whole lot of 'em when the tops unlatched as it was sink'n!!
It were a horrible experience!! Her last words was {{BLUB BLub blu...WOOOSh}}
I was us'n the two bags o' grass fer floaters when here come the coast guard an the DEA fellers. They was nice nuff ta fly me int'a the Long beach hold'n facility. We won't talk 'bout the rest(gits kinda 'barrass'n, y'know). Well. anyways, after they got done with the 50 8X10 glossy photographs an all, they finally let me walk home ta New York.

Location hidden

#445238 Feb 14, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. ;O)
Very boring. I posted that yesterday and just got off the computer, I was not sure what it would be met with. I wrote it hoping that it would start a respectful and open discussion about Christian behavior when it comes to the topic. I should have known that it would be overlooked by the ones it was directed at. Hey, at least it sounds like they did not start screaming at me. Thank you for the link, bookmarked for later. Meandering on over to WSJLM to read up.
Nothing was overlooked, not by me and SL is busy and can't be here all the time. Is this post written in hope of a respectful and open discussion? I'm very sorry that my short, affirmative posts bore you into joining Annie in passive aggressive mockery. I don't always have the time to sit here typing for hours so I quickly acknowledge some and go. I was going to respond to your excellent post to me privately and a bit later. I really admire that you take responsibility for your words and assumptions, most people don't. When I want to verbally retaliate, I don't usually follow with a cover especially after rebuking equal behaviour, this particular tactic is very unexpected coming from you NS but each to their own I suppose, no one is perfect, not one. It's very easy to lose perspective here and fall in with joking, mocking, futile debates, mimicking troll tactics etc...You are right.
<3

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#445239 Feb 14, 2013
p-o-p quiz wrote:
<quoted text>So bats are birds then?
From Hebrew perspective of ancient times, calling a bat a bird made sense.(because it could fly like a bird) Now, in the modern age we categorize animal species more specifically. The bat is a mammal and not a bird. Hope that helps...:)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445240 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The most amazing thing I learned from history was that humans haven't changed much in 6000 years.
From anthroplogy, that humans haven't changed much in tens of thousands of years.
Have you read Barbara Tuchman's "A Distant Mirror" ?
I'm not familiar with the title.

I do get to spend the next week rummaging through a libary of a fascinating man and there is no telling what I'll find.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445241 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
I never used Peyote, too many different alkaloids and guesswork dosing. Pure Mescaline had few side effects (no puking, yeah!)
The mistake (IMHO) that many make with drugs is taking to much. Just like the difference betweena a mild alcohol buzz and blind drunk; most never experience the effects of "controlable" doses of psychoactive substances. The differences are like night and day.
<quoted text>
Did you get a chance to read Revelation of the Magi, if so did you notice the references to hallucinogens?

Location hidden

#445242 Feb 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
From Hebrew perspective of ancient times, calling a bat a bird made sense.(because it could fly like a bird) Now, in the modern age we categorize animal species more specifically. The bat is a mammal and not a bird. Hope that helps...:)
Mammals huh?
Now I knows where the say'n "ole' bats" comed from!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near 9 min MUQ2 112
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Tony17 590,799
Why do Women get tattoos when its so ugly! (Sep '11) 47 min tampabayallstar 58
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 54 min Gerald 839,942
i am board dose anyone want to talk? 1 hr set free in truth 25
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr set free in truth 40,532
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 1 hr Booblover 480
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr gundee123 100,082
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Mr Ironhart 4,629
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 hr Serah 612,216
More from around the web