T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>it won't be long now Wiggles!!!!!! I can't wait
Oh yea!!! Start those Engines!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#445026 Feb 14, 2013
Duststomp wrote:
<quoted text>You stand in reality, nitwit. Of course, after your divorce, you and reality are no longer on speaking terms. It's a pity.
care to define your idea/theory of reality as it pertains to the origin of our universe?

warning - it's gonna look pretty absurd when you put it in writing!;)

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#445027 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed Adam Lanza was Catholic, can you provide a credible source for your claim other than topix, yahoo and google groups speculating? I can't find anything about it. Or just keep repeating your lies and put downs ad nauseam.*shrugs*
what about the BTK killer..........you know he was a "christian" right?!

....Rader was a member of Christ Lutheran Church and had been elected president of the Congregation Council......

http://www.biography.com/people/dennis-rader-...

many of the people who attended his church could not believe that he did these horrible crimes and some still to this day deny it.

*gag*

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#445028 Feb 14, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously have a cognitive blockage. I've repeated several times now that the entire thing is nearly meaningless to me. I'm not into church doctrine and dogma. God's salvation plan was made available to a child. All these details have no purpose to those whose names were written in the Book of Life since the foundation of the world. You dissect it. Salvation and Christ is pure simplicity. That is why so many never find it. They have been blinded by the light.
Speaking of poking, those two things floating around on your head kind of make me nervous. I assume they are antenna of sorts. But what do they connect with? No, no, don't tell me, I don't want to know. Just please keep them at a comfortable distance, they appear rather gnarly.
Hugs and kisses as it will soon be time for me and my bedmate to hug each other into a slumber of warmth and love. Thank God for His wonderful creations and gifts of love. xoxo
I….hmmmm. OK, based on the post’s I read prior to this one and including it, no matter how I word this you could take offense to my questioning what I do. If you do, I apologize. Can I ask you if it is nearly meaningless to you why are you responding the way that you are? Why do you imply that he is the devil, and also seem to imply that he does not slumber in warmth and love? I am truly puzzled by how this entire discussion has played out over the last few days.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#445029 Feb 14, 2013
Duststomp wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing to "believe" about the origin of our existence. "I don't know", is a much better answer that making up imaginary friends that allow you to act like an a-hole.
And you still haven't answered, the origin of what? I know where Girl Scout cookies come from. Richmond, VA.
"you don't know" is a lazy and evil way to escape the same scrutiny that you like to put on believers. have fun with that while ya can...;)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#445030 Feb 14, 2013
Art foder wood art and even,
Allowed beat thigh knave,
they kinked on gum,
the wildabeast on,
unearthed as it is uneven.

Grievous dismay are deadly bed
ant farm give out all dress presses,
asswipe fort grave toes do press grapes again dust.

Add lettuce snot undo tend nation
bud dead liver is farm weavils.

Four times as dead Klingons, dry powder and gory,
Floor if or and if or,
all men.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#445031 Feb 14, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
I'm no longer a Christian because I have run into to many Clowns pretending to be Christian.
this is a poor excuse, because we all have the biographies/gospels of Goodness Personified as our standard of reference.

"judge not, lest you be judged" Jesus

Ann Arbor, MI

#445032 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't either. His words alone are proof. What inspires me to giggle is someone attempting to 'expose' our lies by lying, simply hilarious :D
Why not post scripture every now and then luv? It might help them, poor darlings.
At times everyone of us can get so into a discussion we loose our perspective a bit. I could be wrong, but I personally think that is what is going on here. If you are actually questioning what he is saying, it can be looked up independently and you will find it.

Ann Arbor, MI

#445033 Feb 14, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan's a wily one.
OK. I'm calling POE on myself.
LOL!!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#445034 Feb 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
this is a poor excuse, because we all have the biographies/gospels of Goodness Personified as our standard of reference.
"judge not, lest you be judged" Jesus
Matthew 7:1

Good on ya mate. What does Clownie do?

Since: Feb 13

Fishers, IN

#445035 Feb 14, 2013
Hi all

I am new here. Just signed up because frankly, I like to discuss contentious things like religion, politics and chili recipes.

As for the topic of the thread, I would say I am no longer a Christian simply because logic and evidence tend not to support it. I view worship of Yahweh in much the same way I view worship of other iron-age deities like Ra, Zeus, Marduk and Jupiter.

The only difference is that Yahweh's fan base tends to be larger and more tenacious.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#445036 Feb 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
...we all have the biographies/gospels of Goodness Personified as our standard of reference....
Yet you refuse to read most of them.

Here is one I bet you can't bring yourself to look at:

"These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded."

http://users.misericordia.edu//davies/thomas/...

“"None shall pass"”

There

#445037 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
Hi all
I am new here. Just signed up because frankly, I like to discuss contentious things like religion, politics and chili recipes.
As for the topic of the thread, I would say I am no longer a Christian simply because logic and evidence tend not to support it. I view worship of Yahweh in much the same way I view worship of other iron-age deities like Ra, Zeus, Marduk and Jupiter.
The only difference is that Yahweh's fan base tends to be larger and more tenacious.
Marduk ?

You don't believe in Marduk ?

LOL

Welcome to the asylum.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#445038 Feb 14, 2013
thermuthis wrote:
<quoted text>melchisedec was holy
a priest forever
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Yep.
A pagan God-King of the religion of Sumeria. Of course that is only what the Bible says. The Bible is notoriously flawed and misleading.

Enjoy your hobby.

Since: Feb 13

Fishers, IN

#445039 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Marduk ?
You don't believe in Marduk ?
LOL
Welcome to the asylum.
Thanks for the welcome.

Sadly, I don't believe in Marduk, but if his worshipers were to bring back Temple prostitutes, I just might manage to drag myself out of bed on Sunday mornings.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445040 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but you do not seem to understand prayer. God is not a soda pop machine dearest. If he did decide to answer me, would you be honest? Although, I'm not sure that praying to God for a number so I can win a debate I'm not supposed to be having constitutes as praying in accordance to His will...
Your prayer failed to reveal to you the number that I wrote down.

Thanks for participating in the exercise.

See how easy that was?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445041 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove faith.
That wasn't the excercise, that's your obfuscation.

Thanks for showing the readers how prayer works, or rather, doesn't.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445042 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ignore the challenge I asked which writings you wanted to discuss in said challenge, which you have just ignored, then projected unto me. I thought it was a valid question.
Oh, I think you showed folks exactly what they needed to see.

I do have one question though. Was the introduction of the Trinity the pagan influence of Tertullian that you meant to show folks?

Thanks again for doing your part.

“SPEBSQSA”

Since: Aug 08

Maryland

#445043 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
Hi all
Welcome...
Jump right in any time you wish. Be ready to be called immoral, a sinner, and be damned to some imaginary hell-place.
The sinner and immorality can be justified by praying to an imaginary god-being that forgives all that stuff and let's you into a special heaven-place.
But if you don't pick the correct go-being that agrees with the particular christian you will still go to their imaginary hell-place which is different from those other's hell-places.
<Sigh>

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#445044 Feb 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prayer failed to reveal to you the number that I wrote down.
Thanks for participating in the exercise.
See how easy that was?
I thought it took 2 praying in agreement before prayers were answered.

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr It aint necessari... 55,916
Massage for ladies in Muscat 2 hr Ziyad 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr River Tam 972,382
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr Steve III 649,768
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr Steve III 427
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 4 hr Steve III 70
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 4 hr Johnny 39
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web