Why I’m no longer a Christian

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445163 Feb 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>there are many who claim to be the way!!!
But enough about you....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#445164 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the welcome.
Sadly, I don't believe in Marduk, but if his worshipers were to bring back Temple prostitutes, I just might manage to drag myself out of bed on Sunday mornings.
hahahahah!
Welcome aboard matey! It seems yer countenance jist might add some spice in the abominable constituency o'dastardly swabs, an lanlubbers!...

Location hidden

#445165 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL thanks for the warning. I can tell everyone at the outset however -- my life is far too boring for any real indulgence in moral turpitude.
Well, O course! THAT's why yer wear'n that dark nader suit!
I got's superblack polish fer free when it git's all mussed up wit poop...you'll haft'a wash it yerself first though...

Location hidden

#445166 Feb 14, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
May I take the liberty of broadening your statement?
NEVER believe anything anyone says. Always check the facts for yourself.
The people that I listen to the least are the ones that say things like “I know for a fact” and “trust me” ;O)
Mee TOO!--Trust Me!
LOL!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#445167 Feb 14, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibus and Hemp have many good uses. Cannibus is far less harmful or dangerous than the government sponsered "studies" would lead you to believe. Hemp is a wonderful plant that we should be using instead of cutting down so many trees and is way more versitile.
The only reason Cannibus and Hemp are illegal is because of a greedy newspaper baron and another over zealous charactor who wanted a job as an "officer of the law".
I agree with much of what you're saying even though in some other countries reasons differ. However, try reading Scientific Psychological studies in the private sector, or look into what Neurologists have to say. Better yet, volunteer in a Mental Asylum or Psychiatric Hospital for a week or two. Then get back to me :-)

Location hidden

#445168 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You can insult me, or my family, or my wife. You can call me stupid, ignorant, ugly and even say that I smell like sweaty aardvark testicles.
But do not insult my chili.
Youse Indiananians is some strange folks.

Location hidden

#445169 Feb 14, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Which isn't so scary, when you face it head on.
Nope. That din't work with dumptrucks an semi's. Ask Clownie.

Location hidden

#445171 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL thanks. BTW, that's the secret ingredient in the chili -- sweaty aardvark balls.
You sure ya ain't from south Texas?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445172 Feb 14, 2013
Okey dokey, for anyone who might be still interested, I found the list I was looking for recently. It was tucked away in "Understanding Daniel", something I wrote a few years ago while the family waited for me dear ole dad to pass away.

Please feel free to scroll on by if it ain't your bag.

Identifying the Traits of Apocalyptic Literature:

1. Eschatology: Authors of apocalyptic literature are convinced that they are living in the “end times”, that very soon the deity will intervene and everything will change. It is imminent and it will happen soon.

2. Pseudepigraphy: Apocalyptic literature typically presents itself as being written during a previous time by a hero of old, someone recognizable from the past for the purpose of establishing credibility. We have apocalypses written in the names of Enoch, Abraham, Moses, Ezra, Daniel, John and others.

3. Mystical Visions: Apocalyptic authors have their heroes experience confusing divine visions that will often need to be explained by a divine being. These visions will typically be of surreal creatures or events used metaphorically to represent people or places of the author’s past, present and imagined future.

4. Failure: Apocalyptic literature is always wrong. The events leading up to the time of authorship are relevant and amazingly very accurate; the events following the time of authorship are always, always wrong. After all, who can truly tell the future, eh?

Now if I can just remember where I got the friggin' list.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

“An Ye Harm None, Do As Ye Will”

Since: May 10

I Am A Religion-Free Zone

#445173 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>The same way I call Pluto, Neptune and Athena non-existent deities.
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. So you're going with topix logic on this one professor?
Jl, come on; that doesn't even make any sense. What are you talking about, "Topix logic?"

There are many people--myself included--who believe that jehovah is no more real than Zeus or Neptune, Pluto or Athena. You don't believe in those four Greek and Roman gods; why do you expect anyone to believe in yours?

Can you point out any difference between them, other than claiming, "Well, the bible says...." Your bible cannot be used to prove itself accurate.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#445174 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I do miss the sci-fi channel...
Don't worry, you're not missing much. It's a rare evening indeed when they show something that's actually worth watching.

Location hidden

#445175 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. I based it on a thesis I read that the ancient drug called Soma was a prepartion of the Fly Agaric mushroom.
Ya don't posed ta EAT that stuff! Yer jist sposed ta lick it(like sumth'n else ya know). An make sure yer sitt'n down when ya do it TOO!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#445176 Feb 14, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Can you verify that this jesus of yours ever predicted any such thing?
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to you.
Nor to anyone else. I've read the bible; and all these "predictions and prophecies" you christians claim it makes just aren't there.

Why do you people waste your time on such a silly, self-contradictory book? Are you *really* that afraid of burning in a mythical, imaginary hell?

Location hidden

#445177 Feb 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say scooter?
I'm so embarrassed. Schooner, you were supposed to take a schooner.
I've had a cold.*sniffle*
Sorry
Oooh Geeeez! NOW ya tell me!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#445178 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer whole egg mayo with my salami...
EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

Here's what you need for a proper sandwich:
1. Extra-virgin olive oil (on one half of the roll; don't be too stingy)

2. Italian salad dressing (on the other half; use caution, for it can be kind of powerful)

3. Ciabata or other Italian roll

4. Provolone cheese

5. Pepperoncini

6. The aforementioned salami, along with some nice mortadella, capicolo & prosciutto

7. Lettuce & tomato

8. A beer of your own choosing (Is it true that most Aussies don't like Foster's?)

Location hidden

#445179 Feb 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its you're dumb!!!! not your dumb! you're dumb
Bro. Clownie
NO IT AIN'T NOT!! It's [YER]!!

Waddya gotta be so difticult fer!

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#445180 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove faith.
You're not supposed to; otherwise, it isn't faith.

Kaitlin the Wolf Witch

#445181 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Free TV ?
That's it. I'm moving to Australia. LOL
Just stick an antenna on your roof. You won't get many channels, but the ones you will get will be free.

Location hidden

#445182 Feb 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I've always enjoyed it... I think Im gonna win this time! I stayed @ Hoiday Inn Express till I was evicted... I'am ready
Where we gonna stay now? I selled the camper truck fer 36 cents ta a buddy. No kidd'n neither. All I got is the scooter an a tent. It'll jist hafta do. Less we kin git them chicks ta rent the room. Ya gotta watch fill'n them new acrylic tubs with shine. Last time I done that, it melted the tub an ran down in the lobby, an everbody what come in was stagger'n all over the dang hotel! Hahahahah!

Location hidden

#445183 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with much of what you're saying even though in some other countries reasons differ. However, try reading Scientific Psychological studies in the private sector, or look into what Neurologists have to say. Better yet, volunteer in a Mental Asylum or Psychiatric Hospital for a week or two. Then get back to me :-)
As a patient or a stripper?
I seen some folks do that an never comed out again. Cept'n maybe Jack. That ole' boy got's a way with folks y'know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 5 min Ice Man 42,525
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Robert F 989,875
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 37 min Johnny 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Robert F 690,612
Why it's high time to get rid of billionaires 43 min Johnny 59
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 47 min European Historian 158
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 53 min Johnny 649
More from around the web