#445039 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Marduk ?
You don't believe in Marduk ?
LOL
Welcome to the asylum.
Thanks for the welcome.

Sadly, I don't believe in Marduk, but if his worshipers were to bring back Temple prostitutes, I just might manage to drag myself out of bed on Sunday mornings.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#445040 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but you do not seem to understand prayer. God is not a soda pop machine dearest. If he did decide to answer me, would you be honest? Although, I'm not sure that praying to God for a number so I can win a debate I'm not supposed to be having constitutes as praying in accordance to His will...
Your prayer failed to reveal to you the number that I wrote down.

Thanks for participating in the exercise.

See how easy that was?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445041 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't prove faith.
That wasn't the excercise, that's your obfuscation.

Thanks for showing the readers how prayer works, or rather, doesn't.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445042 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ignore the challenge I asked which writings you wanted to discuss in said challenge, which you have just ignored, then projected unto me. I thought it was a valid question.
Oh, I think you showed folks exactly what they needed to see.

I do have one question though. Was the introduction of the Trinity the pagan influence of Tertullian that you meant to show folks?

Thanks again for doing your part.

“Peace Love”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#445043 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
Hi all
I am new here. Just signed up because frankly, I like to discuss contentious things like religion, politics and chili recipes.
As for the topic of the thread, I would say I am no longer a Christian simply because logic and evidence tend not to support it. I view worship of Yahweh in much the same way I view worship of other iron-age deities like Ra, Zeus, Marduk and Jupiter.
The only difference is that Yahweh's fan base tends to be larger and more tenacious.
Welcome...
Jump right in any time you wish. Be ready to be called immoral, a sinner, and be damned to some imaginary hell-place.
The sinner and immorality can be justified by praying to an imaginary god-being that forgives all that stuff and let's you into a special heaven-place.
But if you don't pick the correct go-being that agrees with the particular christian you will still go to their imaginary hell-place which is different from those other's hell-places.
<Sigh>

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#445044 Feb 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your prayer failed to reveal to you the number that I wrote down.
Thanks for participating in the exercise.
See how easy that was?
I thought it took 2 praying in agreement before prayers were answered.

"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Since: Feb 13

Fishers, IN

#445045 Feb 14, 2013
Xcintrik

Was it the number 42?:)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445046 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you pray to your refrigerator X?
All the time.

Sometimes I even meditate in the light.

Refrigerators, like deities never seem to be able to give you back anything that you haven't already put in.

Except that when my refrigerator fails to deliver I'll just replace it with another.

Fishers, IN

#445047 Feb 14, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome...
Jump right in any time you wish. Be ready to be called immoral, a sinner, and be damned to some imaginary hell-place.
The sinner and immorality can be justified by praying to an imaginary god-being that forgives all that stuff and let's you into a special heaven-place.
But if you don't pick the correct go-being that agrees with the particular christian you will still go to their imaginary hell-place which is different from those other's hell-places.
<Sigh>
LOL thanks for the warning. I can tell everyone at the outset however -- my life is far too boring for any real indulgence in moral turpitude.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#445048 Feb 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it sure doesn't affect me in any way, but I appreciate you sharing your disapproval and doubts.
I can help, so file this away:
NEVER believe anything I say. Always check the facts for yourself.
May I take the liberty of broadening your statement?
NEVER believe anything anyone says. Always check the facts for yourself.
The people that I listen to the least are the ones that say things like “I know for a fact” and “trust me” ;O)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#445049 Feb 14, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 7:1
Good on ya mate. What does Clownie do?
you can mistake me for clownie any day of the week. that thar's me brother!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#445050 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
Hi all
I am new here. Just signed up because frankly, I like to discuss contentious things like religion, politics and chili recipes.
As for the topic of the thread, I would say I am no longer a Christian simply because logic and evidence tend not to support it. I view worship of Yahweh in much the same way I view worship of other iron-age deities like Ra, Zeus, Marduk and Jupiter.
The only difference is that Yahweh's fan base tends to be larger and more tenacious.
oh yeah?! well your chili sucks!;)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#445051 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you refuse to read most of them.
Here is one I bet you can't bring yourself to look at:
"These are the secret sayings that the living Jesus spoke and Didymos Judas Thomas recorded."
http://users.misericordia.edu//davies/thomas/...
i got 4 witnesses already and the law only requires 2 for facts to be established.
thermuthis

Brownsville, TN

#445052 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
A pagan God-King of the religion of Sumeria. Of course that is only what the Bible says. The Bible is notoriously flawed and misleading.
Enjoy your hobby.
humanity is notoriously flawed and biased. the best way to gather information is from a number of differing sources.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445053 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Extians, even ones who claim to understand the Bible, even ones who accuse Christians of not having read the Bible; often talk about the Book of Job, then display that they have no comprehension of it or the rest of the passages they use. I am not saying you are one of those extians who has spoken about Job, your very long post is just a really good example. I don't require your understanding Annie, nor do I expect it. Allowing us to do certain things of our own free will, like rebel, for example, is not the same as wanting us to rebel. If you want to blame God for the evil in humanity that is your prerogative, G blames God for ancient Egyptian practices and thinks an A.D born Christian translator invented the Babylonian trinity 'doctrine'(pagan), practiced by the Greeks of his time, which is G's prerogative. I choose God, His word and faith, which is my prerogative.
How does a believer rationalize saying that if God doesn't want something to happen then it won't happen with saying that people have free will?

You put your left foot in
You pull your left foot out
And you shake it all about

The Christian Hokey Pokey
When you turn yourself around

That's what it's all about

Everybody join in ....

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#445054 Feb 14, 2013
Darth Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL thanks for the warning. I can tell everyone at the outset however -- my life is far too boring for any real indulgence in moral turpitude.
Haha...Rock on...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445055 Feb 14, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better to believe in nothing then to believe in something for ulterior motives and when it is not a genuine and heartfelt belief.
That's a false dichotomy, ya know, eh?

It was in your wording. If you said it like this it remove the fallacy:

It is better to not believe in something than to believe in something for ulterior motives and when it is not a genuiine and heartfelt belief.

See the difference? I take exception to conclusions in that statement too, but it doesn't contain the false dichotomy of the first statement.

For instance, the reason a person believes in something is the motive. One can have an alternative motive for claiming to believe something, like theists, but not an ulterior motive for believing something.

One either believes or one does not believe. When something is not "a genuine and heartfelt belief" that is a lack of belief, not a belief.

Fishers, IN

#445056 Feb 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah?! well your chili sucks!;)
You can insult me, or my family, or my wife. You can call me stupid, ignorant, ugly and even say that I smell like sweaty aardvark testicles.

But do not insult my chili.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#445058 Feb 14, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess if there is no free will according to some, then they are Atheist by design?
False premise/false conclusion

“Peace Love”

Location hidden

#445059 Feb 14, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a believer rationalize saying that if God doesn't want something to happen then it won't happen with saying that people have free will?
You pull your left foot out
And you shake it all about
The Christian Hokey Pokey
When you turn yourself around
That's what it's all about
Everybody join in ....
Now I gotta go listen to some Montrose to get that damn tune outta my mind.
Bad Motorscooter...yea!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Quirky 42,301
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 5
Zumo de aloe vera al por mayor 1 hr okyaloaloedrink 1
Palm Coast Injury Attorney 3 hr Chiumento3 1
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 3 hr Johnny 152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Tellthetruth 989,782
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr PadMark 690,521
More from around the web