“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444660 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
... it is The Word of God dearest, only words approved by God are in it.
How do you know this ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444661 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen <3
What does man have without God? Arguments with and about man, misery and anger too it seems.
Yup. No difference with or without religion and deities.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444662 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Name calling? Lol... How scholarly of you :p
Ever watch the 'Big Bang Theory'?

Very real.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444663 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I really think it does, unless she want to use it to tell us how to be good Christians. That reminds me of a church sign I saw yesterday; "Dear Lord, please make the bad people good and the good people nice." It reminded me of topix.
Too bad God said, "No."

God must be a real ahole.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#444664 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>More accurately, the Gospel of John and Revelation, the "Johannine" literature.
All the best lies have a little truth in them. You know that :)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444665 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicholas Ridley is with Jesus now. I can't wait to meet him!
If your beliefs are real, you can do that anytime you choose.

Not sure why people who hate this world so much and thnk they are going to a better place are so reluctant to catch the train there.

Location hidden

#444666 Feb 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>A

Sorry, I had to get in line...
Thank you for my cupie doll, here's a cookie...

Aaahhh, I see where you are going with this. I said you were brilliant...Lol Would it help to say, that I'm not in agreement with the Montanists way. I feel that their facts are skewed and of a prejudiced nature... Hhhmmm, Why would that be?
Liars lying for their wannabe?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444667 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the one you worship every time you call the wannabe a deity.
How can I worship a deity that I do not believe exists ?

satan is the "evil deity" of Christianity. It is also the omly one that has any power in this world according to the same religion.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444668 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
.....us angels...
ROFLMAO

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#444669 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I posted something similar not too long ago.
Ehrman in Forged treats the author as legit, if I recall, but does not go into any detail, again that I recall.
In looking at it in light of Ehrman holding that it wasn't pseudepigrapha, I see his point and can construct a case that a well-known John actually wrote it with no fraud intended.
That doesn't make it so. But I think it is possible.
I also don't know that all apocalypses were pseudepigrapha. I'll take your word for it. But comparing Rev. just to other apocalypses may artificially limiting. Why are they different from letters or gospels or other texts when it comes to such material?
Oh, I agree that it's possible, but... odd for an apocalypse.

Somewhere I had tucked away the common elements of apocalypses, but I can't find it and I'll butcher it if I try to remember...I'll dig.

But I did find this by some lunatic on topix in 2009.
http://m.topix.com/forum/topstories/TDIENGLP5...

One of those elements common to apocalypses was false attribution to a notable figure in the past where the "present time" would be represented (and typically butchered, see Daniel) then events in the author's time could be seen as obvious fulfilled prophecy, setting up the authority for the predicted events at the "end of the age/era" which was then ALWAYS wrong.*doink*

I guess if I'd just read Mr. and Mrs. Collins all my questions would be answered, and more. I bet dinner at their house would be a hoot.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444670 Feb 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you thought about what this statement means?
LOL

Do they ever ?

Location hidden

#444671 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a question that I've wanted to ask biblical scholars for years.

In ancient apocalyptic literature, a "famous" person of the past is typically identified as the author of the text. This gives the writing both age and authority. I am not aware of a single apocalyptic writing where the author was actually the person to which the writing is attributed, except one.

Why should one consider that ApocJohn would be any different?
It doesn't matter who God chose to be His scribe and it changes nothing. Must be tough to be so ineffectual to the big picture. It's ok X, it's not too late.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#444672 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and for all your writing and semantics, you still don't seem to know what the Bible is. I'll tell you, it is The Word of God dearest, only words approved by God are in it.
LOL *snort*

Lost in the delusion.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444673 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...that's better. Finally a decent post.
Et tu Jute ?

Location hidden

#444674 Feb 13, 2013
Duststomp wrote:
<quoted text>And they still won't get how they just contradicted themselves for all to see here in the last 24 hours. They twist tighter than Stephen Hawkings' spine in order to prop up the delusion.
Considering the reading and comprehension skills displayed on this thread, that's hardly credible. Rant away :)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444675 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I think when Clownie agreed with G it was just because trolls bring us all together.
True.

Location hidden

#444676 Feb 13, 2013
Duststomp wrote:
<quoted text>And still trying to justify it despite seeing the clear path you laid out for them. Ego Christians be funny.
Is that why grey boxes suddenly appear when the fearless leader has run out of deflections? Interesting.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#444677 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from a few of Paul's letters, the entire Bible and TaNaKh are pseudepigrapha. The last vestage in Reform Judaism is 'Moses and the Torah' and 'David and Psalms' yet those quaint notions are waning in popularity.
I believe that to be correct -- about have a dozen letter from Paul are undisputed (though those letters sometimes consist of more than one original letter).

Ehrman sees Revelation as being written by *a* John under his own name.

Location hidden

#444678 Feb 13, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>The christian is obviously "evil" and truely wishes to drag all us good folk into his personal slime pit.
Isn't that one of the christian brainwashing tactics?
Lol... The irony... Gotta love it :)

Location hidden

#444679 Feb 13, 2013
Duststomp wrote:
<quoted text>Then why? Clealy the evidence disputes your claims.
Evidence? What evidence? Are you certain you don't mean opinion or philosophy? Show me this evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Stilgar Fifrawi 837,527
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min kent 589,576
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 10 min The swamiji 1,435
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min lovewithin 40,466
i.....love.....babies/kids!!! 38 min Doctor REALITY 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 51 min Freebird USA 176,847
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 271,293
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr We Are Almost There 4,183
More from around the web