Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#444933 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "you may buy slaves " is so difficult to comprehend ?
Good question. Aren't Anthropologists supposed to know a bit about different cultures?

Location hidden

#444934 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you didn't have cable ?
I don't, I do get free Australian channels though. BBT is on Channel 9 and on GO!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#444935 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a lot.
Then you realize that what you are saying in this post...

If God doesn't want something to happen, it does not happen. No matter how much man and the wannabe want it to.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...

You have made God responsible for not only the "good" that happens but also the "bad".

What you have said...God wanted the Connecticut school shooting in December where 20 children died to happen...if what you say is true.

Every time a woman is beaten, raped, murdered...it was the will of God?

Remember you said...nothing happens unless God wants it to happen.

Does that include the people that have burned to death in fires?

People that have lost their lives defending out countries?

What about the little old people that have frozen to death because they could not afford heat?

I can not believe in a God that would want a child molested...a woman raped...a man tortured to death...a person starving to death for lack of food.

I can not believe in a God that would want a child born with so many birth defects...planes flown in to building killing hundreds of people...someone walking in to a school and killing 20 children.

I do not understand how anyone could believe in a God that wants these types of things to happen. Especially after they have thought about it quite a lot.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444936 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't Anthropologists supposed to know a bit about history?
Yes. I also have a degree in history.

What does Babylon have to do with the Christian invention of the Trinity.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444937 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. Aren't Anthropologists supposed to know a bit about different cultures?
Yep. That is why I understand that 'captives' means slave.

Did you think they had giant POW camps ?

Location hidden

#444938 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't afford the prayments ?
Lol...wrong assumption, what's with all the spelling mistakes lately? Do you need new grandpa glasses?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444939 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't, I do get free Australian channels though. BBT is on Channel 9 and on GO!
Free TV ?

That's it. I'm moving to Australia. LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#444940 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't afford the prayments ?
I don't have cable either "G". I saw no reason to pay that much money every month when I only had a few shows that I truly wanted to watch. Especially when I could watch them the next day for free.

Not having cable is not an indicator that one can not afford to have cable.

Oh...just noticed...you said "pray"ments.

Okay...carry on...unless that was a typo...then still carry on anyway.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444941 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...wrong assumption, what's with all the spelling mistakes lately? Do you need new grandpa glasses?
It wasn't mispelled, it was a joke. Look closely.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444942 Feb 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If God doesn't want something to happen, it does not happen. No matter how much man and the wannabe want it to.
You have made God responsible for not only the "good" that happens but also the "bad".
What you have said...God wanted the Connecticut school shooting in December where 20 children died to happen...if what you say is true.
What about the little old people that have frozen to death because they could not afford heat?
I can not believe in a God that would want a child molested...a woman raped...a man tortured to death...a person starving to death for lack of food.
I can not believe in a God that would want a child born with so many birth defects...planes flown in to building killing hundreds of people...someone walking in to a school and killing 20 children.
I do not understand how anyone could believe in a God that wants these types of things to happen. Especially after they have thought about it quite a lot.
Yep.
If God is great it isn't good and of God is good it isn't great.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444943 Feb 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have cable either "G". I saw no reason to pay that much money every month when I only had a few shows that I truly wanted to watch. Especially when I could watch them the next day for free.
Not having cable is not an indicator that one can not afford to have cable.
Oh...just noticed...you said "pray"ments.
Okay...carry on...unless that was a typo...then still carry on anyway.
No typo. Just being funny.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444944 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer whole egg mayo with my salami...
K-Y works better.

Location hidden

#444945 Feb 14, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Extians, even ones who claim to understand the Bible, even ones who accuse Christians of not having read the Bible; often talk about the Book of Job, then display that they have no comprehension of it or the rest of the passages they use. I am not saying you are one of those extians who has spoken about Job, your very long post is just a really good example. I don't require your understanding Annie, nor do I expect it. Allowing us to do certain things of our own free will, like rebel, for example, is not the same as wanting us to rebel. If you want to blame God for the evil in humanity that is your prerogative, G blames God for ancient Egyptian practices and thinks an A.D born Christian translator invented the Babylonian trinity 'doctrine'(pagan), practiced by the Greeks of his time, which is G's prerogative. I choose God, His word and faith, which is my prerogative.

Location hidden

#444946 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I also have a degree in history.
What does Babylon have to do with the Christian invention of the Trinity.
A degree in history and you're asking me this question? Ok.

Location hidden

#444947 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That is why I understand that 'captives' means slave.
Did you think they had giant POW camps ?
You need an English Dictionary. Do you think you could see well enough to look up the word captives?

Location hidden

#444948 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Free TV ?
That's it. I'm moving to Australia. LOL
Lol... It would do you a world of good.

Don't you guys have National free to air tv channels?(genuine question)

Location hidden

#444949 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't mispelled, it was a joke. Look closely.
Oh yeah, I got that, but you've been misspelling random words all day, which isn't like you...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#444950 Feb 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
K-Y works better.
Oooops...I am backing out of here.

Next time...please hang the "Do Not Disturb" sign up!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#444951 Feb 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Extians, even ones who claim to understand the Bible, even ones who accuse Christians of not having read the Bible; often talk about the Book of Job, then display that they have no comprehension of it or the rest of the passages they use. I am not saying you are one of those extians who has spoken about Job, your very long post is just a really good example. I don't require your understanding Annie, nor do I expect it. Allowing us to do certain things of our own free will, like rebel, for example, is not the same as wanting us to rebel. If you want to blame God for the evil in humanity that is your prerogative, G blames God for ancient Egyptian practices and thinks an A.D born Christian translator invented the Babylonian trinity 'doctrine'(pagan), practiced by the Greeks of his time, which is G's prerogative. I choose God, His word and faith, which is my prerogative.
I did not blame God JL...you did by your statement that things don't happen unless God wants them to happen...that would mean the "bad" along with the "good".

No...I have never spoke of Job.

This length of my posts are as long as they need to be to get my point across. If they are too long for you then I don't see where that is my problem.

My opinion...that whatever higher power that exists...does not play us as if we are a game of chess. We are here...we control our own fate...making our own choices. I do not believe that a higher power controls all that happens...good or bad.

Location hidden

#444954 Feb 14, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
It is better to believe in nothing then to believe in something for ulterior motives and when it is not a genuine and heartfelt belief.
I agree completely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 24 min Drumpfs Nazi speech 17,277
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 2 hr lovekiki 13
Is Dwayne Johnson The Rock a real man ? (Aug '14) 3 hr unserve username 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr lil whispers 619,708
-----1-World 'MARK' Closer / POPE & U.N. ----- 4 hr News July 2017 1
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 5 hr Pbjmummy32 36
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Robert F 683,926
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 hr Aerobatty 983,250
More from around the web