Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444714 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>A Christian that is ignorant about their own Bible.

Big surprise, huh!
Heeeere we go!

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#444715 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. Cocaine is not good for you X. Quit 'dude' your brain is frying before our very eyes.
Witness Christianity exposed.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444716 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Juicylu wrote, "<quoted text>
Oh and for all your writing and semantics, you still don't seem to know what the Bible is. I'll tell you, it is The Word of God dearest, only words approved by God are in it. "

Ya'd think BibleGod could do better than pretending an illiterate fisher wrote a letter that was in fair measure swiped from the author of Jude.
Oh dear. Now you know better than God. Ok, nodding and smiling as I slowly back away...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444717 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't fill the coffers either.
Bickety Bam!
UidiotRaceMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#444718 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Witness Christianity exposed.
LONG TIME NO SEE! What is really going on in religious world, The media all over the Pope is resigning due to health, i say its cover up; something they no telling the public???

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444719 Feb 13, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Reality.
Yes, the reality of theorising. Then arguing about it whilst demanding 'proof'.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444720 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
All the best lies have a little truth in them. You know that :)
You're a great example, thanks.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444721 Feb 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>they are good like that. GOOFY is what it is
What's with the ex Christian (lol)'chumps' thinking topix is 'reality'? Lol

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444722 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone somewhere once said it like this and I've remembered it ever since.
Many theists have a belief in belief in God, not a belief in God.
IOW, the belief is the important factor, not the deity.
That is the true core of Christianity isn't it ?

"Believe us" as apposed to "Believe in God "

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444723 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's funny.
:)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444724 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter who God chose to be His scribe and it changes nothing. Must be tough to be so ineffectual to the big picture. It's ok X, it's not too late.
Thanks for sharing your delusion.

BTW, The Christian Guilt Trip tactic only works on Christians.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444725 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but Nag Hammadi opened up a whole new world still being investigated.
Agreed, the other side finaly gets to speak.

I think the the biggest dilema for Christianity is how ungnostic many of the texts are.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444726 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that to be correct -- about have a dozen letter from Paul are undisputed (though those letters sometimes consist of more than one original letter).
Ehrman sees Revelation as being written by *a* John under his own name.
To be clear, I'm not saying that it wasn't written by someone named John, just asking why shouldn't we entertain the possibility, since it is a common element of other apocalypses of the era.

I remember having this argument with Ehrman when I read Forged. The book never responded to my questions. If it had, I'da probably started drinking, heavily.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444727 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>Oh lord. Passing little virgins around, slaughtering captive little boys and old women, owning slaves?

You ever actually read the bible?
Of course I have. Just because some people in power made the words mean something that suited their agendas does not mean that God's words are corrupt. It just means men are corrupt. The excuses used by men for those horrendous acts were ridiculous, only powerful people would get away with such drivel. God told us about people corrupting his words and they will be dealt with.

My goodness, just here I've had people write entire pages based on my posting 3 letters!

Lol...

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444728 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
My pat respone to people like Minnery:
I can only assume that your statement is predicated upon stupidity or deciet. Based upon your education, status and position, I am convinced we can rule out stupidity.
A Christian, from Focus on the Family, misleading a Senate Judiciary Hearing, and a comedian-turned-Senator busting him, on the record, in front of the world.

Now that's some funny stuff.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444729 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear. That's it? Ok, I'll tell you, the Hebrew word 'oph' refers to any 'flying creature', just like God said. In Leviticus, it seems like bats were added last, and separately, perhaps to imply their difference?
LOL *snort*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444731 Feb 13, 2013
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>LONG TIME NO SEE! What is really going on in religious world, The media all over the Pope is resigning due to health, i say its cover up; something they no telling the public???
Yo man, what's up.

The Roman Catholic Church would never take part in any type of coverup.

Wait, they have.

Strike that.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444732 Feb 13, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Exodus 21:20-21 "When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property."

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 "If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."

2 Chronicles 15:12-13 "They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."

Isaiah 14:21 "Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants."

Exodus 12:29-30 "And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died."
What's your point? Your opinions matter more than God's Laws for His people? Show me where God tells His people to have slaves in the first place? Or that they should oppress anyone?The Jews considered slaves to be their monetary property as did the Egyptians. God gave the laws to the Jews as to stop them avenging slaves, and it relates to financial circumstances. As to how to treat people God's law is found in Leviticus 22:21-24; 23:6-9.

As for your other examples, served them right for invoking God's wrath, especially the Pharaoh, he was pure evil.

Thank you Lord for Moses and for Jesus.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444733 Feb 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Saved"?

From what?

Oh, yes, eternal torment at the hands of their sadistic and remarkably bumbling deity.

Seems legit to me.
Lol. Good.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#444734 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear. Now you know better than God. Ok, nodding and smiling as I slowly back away...
First, half of that post attributed to me actually comes from you.

You were pretending that my response was a matter of semantics.

It was not.

And yes. I know better than your pretend deity.

And I know your religion, its texts, and its history better than you, which is odd if that religion is so important to you.

Well, maybe not so odd.

If you really want to believe, not knowing is the best course of action.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Michael 665,471
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 3 min Peter Ross 625
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min Seentheotherside 45,847
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Ricky F 184,769
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min onemale 284,623
Liberals say INCEST marriage is okay 40 min guest 5
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 44 min Clearwater 619,143
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 977,432
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr truth 88,379
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 2 hr Lonestar 255
More from around the web