.....us angels...
ROFLMAO

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#444669 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I posted something similar not too long ago.
Ehrman in Forged treats the author as legit, if I recall, but does not go into any detail, again that I recall.
In looking at it in light of Ehrman holding that it wasn't pseudepigrapha, I see his point and can construct a case that a well-known John actually wrote it with no fraud intended.
That doesn't make it so. But I think it is possible.
I also don't know that all apocalypses were pseudepigrapha. I'll take your word for it. But comparing Rev. just to other apocalypses may artificially limiting. Why are they different from letters or gospels or other texts when it comes to such material?
Oh, I agree that it's possible, but... odd for an apocalypse.

Somewhere I had tucked away the common elements of apocalypses, but I can't find it and I'll butcher it if I try to remember...I'll dig.

But I did find this by some lunatic on topix in 2009.
http://m.topix.com/forum/topstories/TDIENGLP5...

One of those elements common to apocalypses was false attribution to a notable figure in the past where the "present time" would be represented (and typically butchered, see Daniel) then events in the author's time could be seen as obvious fulfilled prophecy, setting up the authority for the predicted events at the "end of the age/era" which was then ALWAYS wrong.*doink*

I guess if I'd just read Mr. and Mrs. Collins all my questions would be answered, and more. I bet dinner at their house would be a hoot.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444670 Feb 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you thought about what this statement means?
LOL

Do they ever ?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444671 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a question that I've wanted to ask biblical scholars for years.

In ancient apocalyptic literature, a "famous" person of the past is typically identified as the author of the text. This gives the writing both age and authority. I am not aware of a single apocalyptic writing where the author was actually the person to which the writing is attributed, except one.

Why should one consider that ApocJohn would be any different?
It doesn't matter who God chose to be His scribe and it changes nothing. Must be tough to be so ineffectual to the big picture. It's ok X, it's not too late.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444672 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and for all your writing and semantics, you still don't seem to know what the Bible is. I'll tell you, it is The Word of God dearest, only words approved by God are in it.
LOL *snort*

Lost in the delusion.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444673 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol...that's better. Finally a decent post.
Et tu Jute ?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444674 Feb 13, 2013
Duststomp wrote:
<quoted text>And they still won't get how they just contradicted themselves for all to see here in the last 24 hours. They twist tighter than Stephen Hawkings' spine in order to prop up the delusion.
Considering the reading and comprehension skills displayed on this thread, that's hardly credible. Rant away :)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444675 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I think when Clownie agreed with G it was just because trolls bring us all together.
True.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444676 Feb 13, 2013
Duststomp wrote:
<quoted text>And still trying to justify it despite seeing the clear path you laid out for them. Ego Christians be funny.
Is that why grey boxes suddenly appear when the fearless leader has run out of deflections? Interesting.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#444677 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from a few of Paul's letters, the entire Bible and TaNaKh are pseudepigrapha. The last vestage in Reform Judaism is 'Moses and the Torah' and 'David and Psalms' yet those quaint notions are waning in popularity.
I believe that to be correct -- about have a dozen letter from Paul are undisputed (though those letters sometimes consist of more than one original letter).

Ehrman sees Revelation as being written by *a* John under his own name.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444678 Feb 13, 2013
Mr Wiggley wrote:
<quoted text>The christian is obviously "evil" and truely wishes to drag all us good folk into his personal slime pit.
Isn't that one of the christian brainwashing tactics?
Lol... The irony... Gotta love it :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#444679 Feb 13, 2013
Duststomp wrote:
<quoted text>Then why? Clealy the evidence disputes your claims.
Evidence? What evidence? Are you certain you don't mean opinion or philosophy? Show me this evidence.

Columbus, OH

#444680 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
<telephone rings and is answered>
Hello can I help you ?
Yes, I would like to dpeak to John.
John is at lunch.
The let me speak to John.
I'm sorry, John is on vacation.
Must be nice. Is John available ?
John is busy with a customer at the moment.
Alright, let me talk to John then.
Speaking.
LOL.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444681 Feb 13, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
But what can be shown is that it doesn't matter. Kids grow up just fine even with same sex couples as parents. In fact, kids with loving and nurturing same sex parents will do FAR better than kids raised by negligent or abusive biological parents.
And for your viewing pleasure:

Senator Al Franken b*tchslapping Christian Tom Minnery of Focus on the Family for misrepresenting that very information to a Senate Judiciary Hearing.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

An Al Franken classic

Columbus, OH

#444682 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
....then events in the author's time could be seen as obvious fulfilled prophecy, setting up the authority for the predicted events at the "end of the age/era" which was then ALWAYS wrong.....
That makes sense.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444683 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you? Then why do you behave as though your beliefs are facts?....
Oh sweetie, I have very few beliefs. I believe there is a single creative force of the Universe and call it "God". I believe Jesus was the final Levitical Atonement for all mankind.

I know the history and truth about many of the Jewish and Christian texts and doctrines and using science and acadmic trainng, with a good dose of realism and reason, understand them in greater depth than most of said religions' adherents do.

Said the Maestro to the auditioning Cellist," My good woman, you have an instrument between your legs that could bring joy to many. Yet all you seem to be able to do is scratch it."

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444684 Feb 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Lol, and I have been ignoring the grey noise... tee he.
Good.

Columbus, OH

#444685 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that to be correct -- about have a dozen letter from Paul are undisputed (though those letters sometimes consist of more than one original letter).
Ehrman sees Revelation as being written by *a* John under his own name.
Boy, I butchered that load of English.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444686 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
But I did find this by some lunatic on topix in 2009.
http://m.topix.com/forum/topstories/TDIENGLP5... ...
Great stuff.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444687 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider it to be a problem :)
Well it sure doesn't affect me in any way, but I appreciate you sharing your disapproval and doubts.

I can help, so file this away:

NEVER believe anything I say. Always check the facts for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min ffj 974,843
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 71,048
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 min Buck Crick 262
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 32 min Ricky F 53,937
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Phooey 658,881
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min onemale 283,030
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 47 min Ricky F 183,466
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 hr gundee123 5,059
More from around the web