Why I’m no longer a Christian

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#444210 Feb 12, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no polar direction, do you? You are a bipolar fowl that knows no direction or no purpose. You are quick to judge others beliefs but you have more than shown you have none of your own. Sad that the only thing you have to hold onto in this life is opposing what others have that you cannot grasp. So does degrading others beliefs fill the void that you have nothing at all?
Thanks so much for sharing.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#444211 Feb 12, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so persecuted. I hope GOD realizes all that you've done for him.
I've pretty much just stated the facts.
You seem to be on emotional tirade. Do you need a hug?
My position has been simple, unchanged and unassailed.
Would you like to see it one more time?
The Antichrist is found nowhere in the Bible. Antichrists, yes. THE Antichrist, no. It is an invention of Christianity not represented by any of the individual authors of the texts. This fact is easily verifiable. Just read the damn book.
I even provided an explanation by a reputable New Testament scholar who repeated basically the same thing that I had said previously. I'll provide once more for your dining and dancing pleasure.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...
"It often comes as a great surprise to people to discover that "the Antichrist" does not appear in the Book of Revelation at all. In fact, it's nowhere else in the Bible or in other apocalyptic literature except in a few passages in two of the Johannine Epistles. So the key questions are these: Where did it come from? And how does it come to be so central to the way the story of Revelation is interpreted in later centuries, all the way down to the present?"
Read the article for answers to those questions.
L. Michael White is Professor of Classics and Christian Origins at the University of Texas at Austin
I can personally recommend two of his books.
-From Jesus to Christianity
-Scripting Jesus
Now poke in that lip and let's get back to watching you squirm.
You obviously have a cognitive blockage. I've repeated several times now that the entire thing is nearly meaningless to me. I'm not into church doctrine and dogma. God's salvation plan was made available to a child. All these details have no purpose to those whose names were written in the Book of Life since the foundation of the world. You dissect it. Salvation and Christ is pure simplicity. That is why so many never find it. They have been blinded by the light.

Speaking of poking, those two things floating around on your head kind of make me nervous. I assume they are antenna of sorts. But what do they connect with? No, no, don't tell me, I don't want to know. Just please keep them at a comfortable distance, they appear rather gnarly.

Hugs and kisses as it will soon be time for me and my bedmate to hug each other into a slumber of warmth and love. Thank God for His wonderful creations and gifts of love. xoxo

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444213 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one to watch with your kids, too.
"Skip Sunday School and rent it!" < my review LOL
I'm glad someone else enjoyed that movie.

It came and went almost without notice, but it was a great creation story.

Our culture doesn't have enough of those these days, we seem to like apocalypses.*shrug*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444214 Feb 12, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>its for all people! Im one
Not according to Jesus, per the author of GoMatthew.

You're confusing Jesus with Paul again, ain'tcha boy?

Now how you want them grits?

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

#444215 Feb 12, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for sharing.
Shallow and redundant.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444216 Feb 12, 2013
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, for a second their I thought you were describing those engaged in buggery ...
Thanks, that says a lot.

How was your relationship with your father when you were a child?

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444217 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
You obviously have a cognitive blockage. I've repeated several times now that the entire thing is nearly meaningless to me. I'm not into church doctrine and dogma. God's salvation plan was made available to a child. All these details have no purpose to those whose names were written in the Book of Life since the foundation of the world. You dissect it. Salvation and Christ is pure simplicity. That is why so many never find it. They have been blinded by the light.
Speaking of poking, those two things floating around on your head kind of make me nervous. I assume they are antenna of sorts. But what do they connect with? No, no, don't tell me, I don't want to know. Just please keep them at a comfortable distance, they appear rather gnarly.
Hugs and kisses as it will soon be time for me and my bedmate to hug each other into a slumber of warmth and love. Thank God for His wonderful creations and gifts of love. xoxo
And that's Bipolar Christianity folks.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#444218 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Shallow and redundant.
I know you are but what am I?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444220 Feb 12, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 13:3
I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish
So you'll perish.
So what ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444221 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Posted by G_O_D to X this weekend:
"Unlike you, I don;t have an agenda."
"Too bad you don't have the honesty to correct your statement about JLu's "google list". Just a backhanded swipe at me....which missed.
I think you lost your touch, X."
"Her point, and mine, was that buning human beings was not a Christian invention as Kate postulated. Now whydidn't you staighten Kate out but instead made a vendeta against JLu and myself ?
You are biased and sneaky, you start going to church or something ?. "
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSHQAVD...
There's many more pages. Should I list them? You never blamed him? What the hell do you call it? And you have the gall to call us liars.
Yep. That is what I believed about X and told him "to his face".

It was based on my own feelings of loss for the magnificent information and dialogue that X presented in the past.

It may also be projection in that I am not the exubernt teacher I was a few years ago.

I was being honest with my feelings with X. I hope he realizes that but if not I can do nothing about it.

What I find strange is that you and others make a bigger ordeal out of it than either myself or X ever have.

I guess that is why I consider X a friend and not you. Hope that changes in the future but that is up to you.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444222 Feb 12, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
L. Michael White is Professor of Classics and Christian Origins at the University of Texas at Austin
I can personally recommend two of his books.
-From Jesus to Christianity
-Scripting Jesus
From J to C was very good. Was not aware of Scripting Jesus. Will have to add it to the bucket library.

Thanks

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444223 Feb 12, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the problem lies with religious authority that demands the literalization. I think anyone, even children can and do learn from mythology without requiring it to be factual or historical.
If one were to take Biblical writings as metaphor rather than literal history, there is much to be learned there. Just as Aesop's Fables are chock full of good and bad advice for living from cradle to grave.
But no....
It's really all about taking over the world.
Fortunately, them days is gone.
Glory
I am not sure those days are gone yet, but in all else I agree.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444224 Feb 12, 2013
<quoted text>
... God's salvation plan was made available to a child...
Yep, parents and community. Many fall through the cracks. Some say it is God's way of culling the weak from the herd. I say God is as evil as good... and perfect in balancing the universe.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#444225 Feb 12, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad someone else enjoyed that movie.
It came and went almost without notice, but it was a great creation story.
Our culture doesn't have enough of those these days, we seem to like apocalypses.*shrug*
It seems that popular entertainment is corelated to the national paradigm. A topic for a thesis I don't have time or resources to devote to so it is just my WAG.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#444226 Feb 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I just think you are "alive" in spirit, most are asleepp and a few are dead.
Let me put some words to the letters.
A
Loving
Intelligent
Vibrant
Entity
Aaaaw

You're just a big ole suck up!

That was a good answer though! LOL
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Dalton, MA

#444227 Feb 12, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, that says a lot.
How was your relationship with your father when you were a child?
Wonderful. He took me fishing and hunting. What more could a son ask for?

“CHRISTIANITYIS AMENTAL DISEASE”

Since: May 10

"---TOO BAD IT'S NOT FATAL"

#444228 Feb 12, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists claim atheism to be a religion? That's news to me.
<quoted text>
I know fundie christians try to claim that atheism is a "religion," because they want to claim that secularists are being given preferential religious treatment in violation of the First Amendment. At the same time, their li'l champion Bill O'Reilly claims that christianity is *not* a religion, but rather just a philosophy.
He might want to re-think that if he doesn't want his church to lose its tax-exempt status.
Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists (like you)
Who said I'm an atheist? Certainly not moi.
Annes wrote:
<quoted text> claim there is no God so they can pretend to get a Hell-exempt status.
You just described your typically "forgiven" hypocrite christian, who commands others to do as they say, and not as they do. Like your brother in christ waaasssuuup, for example.
Annes wrote:
<quoted text> As we all know, it fails for them.
It sure does for you.

It's your hell; you get to burn in it.

#444229 Feb 12, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your Bible, silly Christian.
Ain't you payin' attention?
*donk*
You are the one who gave your interpretation. I simply stated the facts, which you have been so graciously helping to verify. Were you even reading the passages of scripture that you quoted? The Antichrist is never mentioned in any of them. It's a conflation, a Christian interpretation never stated nor implied by any of the individual authors.
Would you like for me to restate the facts where you can investigate and verify?
The Antichrist is a Christian invention, he is not mentioned in the Biblical texts. One may "interpret" the texts however one likes, but it does not change what the texts say.
Would you like something with a little more authority than that of an anonymous character on the internet.
From L. Mike White, Professor of Classics and Christian Origins at the University of Texas at Austin
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
"It often comes as a great surprise to people to discover that "the Antichrist" does not appear in the Book of Revelation at all. In fact, it's nowhere else in the Bible or in other apocalyptic literature except in a few passages in two of the Johannine Epistles. So the key questions are these: Where did it come from? And how does it come to be so central to the way the story of Revelation is interpreted in later centuries, all the way down to the present?"
Read...learn...but most importantly, never trust a preacher.
Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
you are wrong
Boy, now *there's* a thought-free response.

#444230 Feb 12, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
You belong to a religion created by -- yup -- men. Mostly Paul, but not exclusively.
Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
you are also wrong.
And you are clllllllluuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeless sssss!!

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#444231 Feb 12, 2013
Has anyone heard of self-healing plastics? If so, do you know where they've been utilized? Would be sweet to see if it really works long term...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Karma is a_______ 863,809
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Michael 599,372
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 min The swamiji 7,474
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 min Great Day of Arma... 40,853
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Greezy 1,915
the most 'DAMNING' part of O.J. Simpson's 'suic... 1 min Doctor REALITY 19
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 min USaGlobalWarMonge... 177,607
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,891
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Charlie Sheen 272,400
More from around the web