Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have opened your link for reading later on today...thanks.
Growing up you are told so many things...things passed down from generation to generation. You just accept them as "truth".
Growing up...I heard of THE anti-christ...often. Now...I most often hear that term applied to me by some Christians that I have managed to piss off!
Okay...I had serious thoughts...just couldn't manage to get them written so...maybe after I do some reading.
The book of Revelation is why I left the faith the last time. We were studying it in a class...sounded like a nightmare gone bad to me...really bad.
I looked around and other people were nodding their heads...smiles on their face...any minute I expected to hear "AMEN". These people acted as if they couldn't wait. I thought...
Not for me...
Nice people but they seem to have derived pleasure from some strange stuff.
I had to do a lot of study in Revelation before I finally figured out that it is not the writing of some burned out acid freak. It is a representation of a genre of literature that was rather common for about 3-4 hundred years around the time of Jesus.

I have called it ancient science fiction.

We still have apocalyptic stories written today. A few popular examples include the Terminator movies and the Matrix trilogy.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Marcion.
You da man, G.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Annes wrote:
<quoted text>
if you open up X's link and read it, you will just be filling your head up with more lies. trash will go in, and trash will come out.
The Christian response to education.

Cattle mentality.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith cannot be proven. There is no contradiction. Not everyone or everything requires proof in the manner you do. The burden of proof is not upon me.
Dishonesty is never the best response, but such is the way of the myth, I suppose.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
They still continue. There are some religions that believe we must earn our way to heaven. The largest "Christian" religion at that.
Thanks for admitting your mistake.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No, I disagree. It is foretold through the prophets such as Daniel, first.
I don't care if you agree or disagree.

Daniel was written against the Hellenistic influence in Second Temple Judaism in the second century BCE. It never mentions The Antichrist. The little horned beast is a reference to Antiochus Epiphanes. Any credible biblical scholar could tell you that.

You've been duped by the liars of Christianity.

Let me know if you need help understanding Daniel.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>
Very likely. How about yours?
Which delusions? Please be very specific for the readers.

Thanks.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm afraid your point can't be proven. And it's a dull point at that. Points are most effectual when kept with a sharp edge. You might want to work on that.
You've just publically lied again.

Oh my, this isn't good.

I'll simply note that rather than prove or disprove the point already established by facts, you resort to dishonesty and logical fallacies as a defense.

It's important for folks to see that.

“Cleaning Up Christianity ”

Since: Jan 13

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to burst your bubble but the Books of Moses preceded the Prophets. Genesis is simply a retelling of the Sumerian religions tales with a Hebrew twist. WE know this because we have the Sumerian texts from 5000 years ago.
I'm quite aware of that dear. But the further we go back in the OT, death is envisioned as permanent by the Jews. That is why I mentioned the Prophets which certainly includes some of what will be seen again in the NT. The focus on what one may believe to be the legitimacy of the OT is somewhat inconsequential to salvation and the sacrifice of Christ. Some cannot see the forest for the trees.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>
It's irrelevant to my salvation anyway. The Antichrist is not required for Christ to do His will that He has prepared since the foundation of the world. There are certainly a sufficient number of antichrists, even within the religion, that a supreme Antichrist is not really required and will change nothing come Judgment Day. Religion likes to complicate God's Word and Salvation plan.
How does a Christian get to Heaven?

The backstroke.

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
You've just publically lied again.
Oh my, this isn't good.
I'll simply note that rather than prove or disprove the point already established by facts, you resort to dishonesty and logical fallacies as a defense.
It's important for folks to see that.
What facts? Whose facts? Are your facts my facts? It certainly is interesting what you deem "important". I'm not in this world to seek the popular vote.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I would have been more inclined to ask G_O_D that question, but I understand your motivation.
I understand ya'll's motivation as well.

It is predictable, entertaining and revealing.

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a Christian get to Heaven?
The backstroke.
Sink or swim. We need not look back long in order to move forward.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to convince anyone. Merely expressing my beliefs. Can you and X say the same? What with the 'cause' and all.
Why? That would be both worthless and silly. Who cares what you or G or I believe? People can believe whatever the hell they want.

I wasn't expressing my beliefs, I was providing the verifiable facts.

You've learned about The Antichrist from Christianity, not from the Bible, because The Antichrist is a Christian invention not found in the biblical texts.

And that's a fact.

Or as Edith Anne used to say...

And that's the truthpthpthpthpth

Topix Badlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you agree or disagree.
Daniel was written against the Hellenistic influence in Second Temple Judaism in the second century BCE. It never mentions The Antichrist. The little horned beast is a reference to Antiochus Epiphanes. Any credible biblical scholar could tell you that.
You've been duped by the liars of Christianity.
Let me know if you need help understanding Daniel.
Of course. And there are also dual meanings to the prophesies such as Daniel as is the view of the dispensational believers opposed to the preterest such as you. BTW the Jews do not consider Daniel a prophet of within the books of prophecy. Any Bible Scholar can tell you that too. That is why you will find much stated once again in the NT.

It's all how one views what they read. The Bible is much more than a mere novel or history book. It can become the living Word through the Holy Spirit.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
No I asked YOU to prove your statements, so obviously you can't.
You're just desperate to attack others and post nonsense as fact.
Are there really any posters dumb enough to accept that?
(Except for conservatives - we all know they're America's village idiots.)
What statements did I make that I need to prove? All you have to do is read this thread and you will see that there have been people that have said...the Catholic, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness are cult religions. If you want proof of that...read what has been written.

I don't recall you asking me proof of anything? I didn't attack...I answered a couple of your posts.

I would say in this post...you attacked me. Please show me where I have attacked you. Simply disagreeing with someone is not attacking.

Geesh...did you come here for discussion...or just to argue.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Protester wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confusing yourself.
I wrote just the opposite: "Jesus is the only Savior for the whole world, and only God can forgive sins - not a priest, etc."
Therefore, I was criticizing Catholicism, not calling it a Christian religion.
Confessing sins to God is a fundamental belief of all Protestant churches, and even cults, yet Catholics are told to confess to a human being.
It's THAT simple, not confusing except to unbelievers.
Spy VS Spy

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO
"AC spirit"
X and G the same person
You sure are funny. Making stuff up as you go along and all.
I thought you were serious for a moment there. Sure had me going.
I'm more ruggedly handsome.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

<quoted text>
I believe Titus 3:9 applies here. We can accept or deny any writings we wish. Although I've read much of what is not included within the KJV, such as the Apocrypha and more, I believe God included just what I needed within my Bible, and that it is the Word of God as He wishes it to be. That is why we are all entitled to believe as we are so led.
LOL *snort*

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I agree. I find the RCC continues to oppose a huge majority of Christ's teachings alone. What you stated is just the tip of the iceberg. They are once again changing the interpretation of sound doctrine to adapt to the "modern times" including the secular majority. After all, their livelihood and world wealth depends on them keeping their congregations lulled into a false comfort level that incorporates their sin.
Spy VS Spy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

469 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min shyam 4,780
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Pegasus 256,504
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min karl44 720,548
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min sweets2360 224,181
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 56 min MUQ1 36,517
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Life is Precious 221,376
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 599,088
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr atemcowboy 532,777
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,400
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Szajen 75
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••