Why I’m no longer a Christian

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#444293 Feb 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> all Scripture is inspired of God
2 Timothy 3:16-- "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.");
the writers are inspired of God
2 Peter 1:21-- "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.");
every letter is also inspired
I believe the whole bible... not X or G_O_D or any chump on topix
(Galatians 3:16-- "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.")
That's just so beautiful Clownie, brings tears of joy into my eyes. I believe the whole Bible too <3
Praise God!

I love the Lord our God with all my heart, with all my soul, with all my mind and with all my strength. I think that you do too, how joyful it is to feel His Holy Presence :)

Location hidden

#444294 Feb 13, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Clownie, this brings up an important question
If all scripture is as described by the Pastoral author, why did Christianity combine a small hand full of texts that they deemed important and reject those that didn't say what they liked?
It obviously didn't apply to the Bible, since the Bible did not exist at that time.
You're a great help, bro.
Demonic texts have no place in the Bible and God made sure those writings were not included.

Psalm 12:7-8
You, O Lord, will keep them;
you will guard us from this generation forever.
On every side the wicked prowl,
as vileness is exalted among the children of man.

Proverbs 30:5-6
Every word of God proves true;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words,
lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#444295 Feb 13, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
But the WBC sure don't follow the old 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself'.
Oh, they think they do.

They just redefine "neighbor" as "only people who are just like me".

The Borderland of Sol

#444296 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they do, all they do is define neighbor as "one of us".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9C4uTEEOJlMXX
Beat me to it.

*grumble*

The Borderland of Sol

#444297 Feb 13, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
True, the only time our water supply was contaminated was in the 90s. We were told to boil before drinking.
The 1st time I did it, I tipped boiling water from the kettle into a Coke bottle. It immediately buckled.
:-)
Oops...

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#444298 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonic texts have no place in the Bible and God made sure those writings were not included.
Psalm 12:7-8
You, O Lord, will keep them;
you will guard us from this generation forever.
On every side the wicked prowl,
as vileness is exalted among the children of man.
Proverbs 30:5-6
Every word of God proves true;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.
Do not add to his words,
lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.
Thank god the lord was working through the Catholic church to ensure heretical texts like Enoch not did make it in the canon, even though early Christians such as Tertullian considered Enoch "Holy Scripture".

No wonder Tertullian was eventually labeled a heretic, huh?

Location hidden

#444300 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank god the lord was working through the Catholic church to ensure heretical texts like Enoch not did make it in the canon, even though early Christians such as Tertullian considered Enoch "Holy Scripture".
Served him right for pretending to be a Christian then trying to include his own pagan philosophies in God's Holy Word.
Praise God!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#444301 Feb 13, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Has anyone heard of self-healing plastics? If so, do you know where they've been utilized? Would be sweet to see if it really works long term...
There are self-healing cutting mats used by seamstresses...there are also some that are food safe used by chefs. They are also used by some artists for their work with exacto knives

There are all made of plastic materials...pvc.

http://www.amazon.com/X-Acto-X7761-Self-heali...

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#444302 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the internet existed long before Gore even knew it did, that is why the exaggerated "Al Gore created the internet" meme started in the first place. The internet existed as clusters of bulletin board systems that were linked, typically through dialup, long before even the 80's, actually. The only thing he funded was the development of a dedicated system of networks to help connect all these clusters so you didn't have to hang up and dial a new number each time you wanted to access a different server. Internet isn't a proper noun, it's actually a type of network.
The origins of the Internet goes back to DARPA in the 50's it was system of interconnected military, Gov't and Universitiy sites that were connected in mesh topology which allowed the systems a secure and redundant connectivity in the case of a nuclear attack.
The original nickname for it was "The Matrix".

It grew over the decades into a network for education and governement and became know as the Internet.
The World Wide Web is a subset of the Internet and did not exist until the early quarter of the 90's with opening up of the Internet to the public and esp. the establishment of Hypertext as a universal framework for communication display and access.

I had one of the first 10,000 personal WWW websites in 1993.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444303 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 13:2
On a bare hill raise a signal;
cry aloud to them;
wave the hand for them to enter
the gates of the nobles.
"Hey you!" Waves hands to get their attention. "Let us in!"

WTF does that have to do with the price of figs in Damascus ?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444305 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Spirit is always guiding and teaching us what God wants us to learn and know....
If I take the people that use the phrase as any indication, then the Holy Spirit is at best the disembodied spirit of a drunken sailor, at worst proof that Satan is God.

My own belief is that it is the last resort of liars and fools.

You may be a Fundie if....

"Yuh Huh! God told me so!" makes perfect sense to you.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#444306 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Served him right for pretending to be a Christian then trying to include his own pagan philosophies in God's Holy Word.
Praise God!
Oops. Turns out Jude liked the Book of Enoch, too:

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: "See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him."

Jude 1:14-5

A canonical text quoting a demonic text.

Oh my.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444307 Feb 13, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, Moses' wife and father-in-law were Midianites.
Didn't like his in-laws aparently.

Suprised religions didn't take this as a commandment to kill your wife's family.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444308 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Erm, sorry, but what does your quote here have to do with the assertion that the "antichrist" is not in the bible?
She mentioned something about channeling the Spirit of Halle Berry or some such drivel.

Halle must have been drunk at the time.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444309 Feb 13, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Demonic texts have no place in the Bible and God made sure those writings were not included.....
I call Poe!

You are to intelligent to be that stupid.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444310 Feb 13, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Beat me to it.
*grumble*
Didn't intend to snipe you, Mac.

"Don't worry little brother, there are more" - 13th Warrior

Location hidden

#444311 Feb 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Erm, sorry, but what does your quote here have to do with the assertion that the "antichrist" is not in the bible?
Nothing at all :)

Location hidden

#444312 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>"Hey you!" Waves hands to get their attention. "Let us in!"

WTF does that have to do with the price of figs in Damascus ?
Nothing at all :)

Location hidden

#444313 Feb 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>If I take the people that use the phrase as any indication, then the Holy Spirit is at best the disembodied spirit of a drunken sailor, at worst proof that Satan is God.

My own belief is that it is the last resort of liars and fools.

You may be a Fundie if....

"Yuh Huh! God told me so!" makes perfect sense to you.
Mayhap I am mayhap I ain't :)

“"None shall pass"”

There

#444315 Feb 13, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther tried to get Revelation removed from the Catholic's abomination but alas, Satan prevailed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Aura Mytha 26,504
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min confrinting with ... 685,826
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Jake999 619,750
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 1 hr Johnny 40
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr arrr 985,713
Why some in the south tower got what they had c... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Glorious ECLIPSE coming TODAY @10:45 am in Arka... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web