“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#443901 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
The OT should have been dropped from their Bible. Would have given thema better case.
Ain't that the truth, something I've said for quite a while. They should have just pretty much said:

"Ummm, hey, guys, we're a new religion and really are just making most of it up as we go. Suggestions are welcomed."

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#443902 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
The others are talking about the antichrist.
Which is only mentioned in the Epistles of John.
It is antichrist, not THE antichrist.

What preacher told you that the other things were "The Antichrist" or that "The Antichrist" even exists ?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443903 Feb 11, 2013
Christianity is the equivalent of believing that the kitten in Little Red Ridinghood is Ben Franklin, the first Emperor of the USA.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#443904 Feb 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't that the truth, something I've said for quite a while. They should have just pretty much said:
"Ummm, hey, guys, we're a new religion and really are just making most of it up as we go. Suggestions are welcomed."
It would have been the honest thing to do.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#443905 Feb 11, 2013
Gut Stomper wrote:
<quoted text>
Half the people here have terminal illnesses. The other half are just dying really slow.
STOMPCREPITUDE!
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Herr Stompburg,
We're all "dying slowly"....
STOMPIN-to-the-Grave;
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal disease." Wayne Dyer.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#443906 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
The OT should have been dropped from their Bible. Would have given thema better case.
Technically, it was removed from the first closed Christian canon.

Anybody? Anybody?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#443907 Feb 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christler.
Oh, no, you di'ent!!

(Wee, okay, that was a little bit funny...)

The Borderland of Sol

#443908 Feb 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. xoxo. I will humble myself to stand for the Bible and my Savior, but I cannot condone what many others so in the name of Christianity. It has no conditions to qualify for the name-tag. It is as superficial as me claiming I am invisible at the moment.
I prefer more that the Shepherd calls me as being of His flock than me telling others that I am. My need to prove that to others is meaningless. Neither did my God tell me to hate, persecute, judge, or condemn those that do not believe as me.
Interesting use of language, there.

Only among fundies can "humble" mean "arrogant", and "sheep" mean "leader"...

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#443909 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct.
Facts are verifiable, like the current example of me showing the readers, with your help of course, "the verifiable fact" that The Antichrist is not found within the texts of the Bible.
What you or I or anyone else thinks about those facts is immaterial, the facts is just the facts. The facts don't care, the simpy exist and can be verified, regardless of what anyone says about them.
So how would I verify these 'facts' that currently only seem like your interpretation?

The Borderland of Sol

#443910 Feb 11, 2013
Janitor Of The LORD wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ was the final sacrifice.
Oh, so we're done with all that silliness.

Good.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#443911 Feb 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is only mentioned in the Epistles of John.
It is antichrist, not THE antichrist.
What preacher told you that the other things were "The Antichrist" or that "The Antichrist" even exists ?
I've gotten very little information out of 'preachers' to be honest, I don't trust them. I do trust the people I've learnt from more than I would trust people I don't know at all. So 'verifiable facts' need to be verified with something real. Mockery, opinions and interpretations don't prove or verify anything. But they're funny :-)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#443912 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, it was removed from the first closed Christian canon.
Anybody? Anybody?
X, are you a Rabbi?

The Borderland of Sol

#443913 Feb 11, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
All 39,000 different kinds of "true" believers, each of which condemns and denies the other 38,999.
Hah.

Most of 'em think the guy in the next pew is probably a heretic.

Laffin.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443914 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
So how would I verify these 'facts' that currently only seem like your interpretation?
Read your Bible, silly Christian.

Ain't you payin' attention?

*donk*

You are the one who gave your interpretation. I simply stated the facts, which you have been so graciously helping to verify. Were you even reading the passages of scripture that you quoted? The Antichrist is never mentioned in any of them. It's a conflation, a Christian interpretation never stated nor implied by any of the individual authors.

Would you like for me to restate the facts where you can investigate and verify?

The Antichrist is a Christian invention, he is not mentioned in the Biblical texts. One may "interpret" the texts however one likes, but it does not change what the texts say.

Would you like something with a little more authority than that of an anonymous character on the internet.

From L. Mike White, Professor of Classics and Christian Origins at the University of Texas at Austin
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...

"It often comes as a great surprise to people to discover that "the Antichrist" does not appear in the Book of Revelation at all. In fact, it's nowhere else in the Bible or in other apocalyptic literature except in a few passages in two of the Johannine Epistles. So the key questions are these: Where did it come from? And how does it come to be so central to the way the story of Revelation is interpreted in later centuries, all the way down to the present?"

Read...learn...but most importantly, never trust a preacher.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#443915 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Read your Bible, silly Christian.

Ain't you payin' attention?

*donk*

You are the one who gave your interpretation. I simply stated the facts, which you have been so graciously helping to verify. Were you even reading the passages of scripture that you quoted? The Antichrist is never mentioned in any of them. It's a conflation, a Christian interpretation never stated nor implied by any of the individual authors.

Would you like for me to restate the facts where you can investigate and verify?

The Antichrist is a Christian invention, he is not mentioned in the Biblical texts. One may "interpret" the texts however one likes, but it does not change what the texts say.

Would you like something with a little more authority than that of an anonymous character on the internet.

From L. Mike White, Professor of Classics and Christian Origins at the University of Texas at Austin
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...

"It often comes as a great surprise to people to discover that "the Antichrist" does not appear in the Book of Revelation at all. In fact, it's nowhere else in the Bible or in other apocalyptic literature except in a few passages in two of the Johannine Epistles. So the key questions are these: Where did it come from? And how does it come to be so central to the way the story of Revelation is interpreted in later centuries, all the way down to the present?"

Read...learn...but most importantly, never trust a preacher.
I don't trust preachers and have read the Bible, thanks for the link :)

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443916 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
X, are you a Rabbi?
Incorrect answer.

The right answer was Marcion, the first Christian to close a canon.

I hope I'm not a Rabbi, since I'm not Jewish.

I am circumsized though, if that makes any difference.

“xcntrik.wordpres s.com”

Location hidden

#443917 Feb 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't trust preachers and have read the Bible, thanks for the link :)
My pleasure.

Christians really should understand the history of their religion, especially since it is being taught in reputable seminaries and universities across the globe.

White's article is a good'un. His books is pretty good too.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#443918 Feb 11, 2013
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect answer.

The right answer was Marcion, the first Christian to close a canon.

I hope I'm not a Rabbi, since I'm not Jewish.

I am circumsized though, if that makes any difference.
I've read about Marcion.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#443919 Feb 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting use of language, there.
Only among fundies can "humble" mean "arrogant", and "sheep" mean "leader"...
Yup.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#443920 Feb 11, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so we're done with all that silliness.
Good.
No such luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Bosh: The Forsaken One 7 min Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Clearwater 777,753
Darssafaka SAMSUNG MASLAK (O2I2) 299 I5 34 S... 10 min sansungrete 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min guest 560,337
Maslak Samsung Maslak Levent Samsung (O2I2) 299... 16 min sansungrete 1
Moses never existed 16 min KiMare 813
SAMSUNG Beyaz Esya Servis TARABYA O2I2 299 I5 ... 27 min sansungrete 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 29 min Johnny 4,866
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr mike 605,303
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 265,403
More from around the web